Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Having owned the successful Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos, I was keen to upgrade to the better spec Grand 2 duos.

First impressions compared to the original Samsung Galaxy Grand duos:
The Galaxy Duos 2 still shares the same plastic build, and button placement of its predecessor. On closer inspection, there are a few subtle changes to the front with diamond shaped dots on the bezel, yet the back reveals a marked difference. The battery cover is still made out of plastic and definitely feels so, yet it looks like the new generation of Samsung phones, which make it look much better.
On handling the phone I noticed is that the Grand 2 is slightly easier to hold as it is actually marginally narrower and considerably slimmer, albeit the larger 5.25" display. It has a thinner bezel all around, and is slightly longer. The textured fake leather back provides a better grip too. Another very welcome fact is that the phone weighs the same ... OK it is 1 gram more, yet if you can notice that then you are a likely candidate for the Guinness Book of Records :)

On powering the phone, and going through the initial setup, I was greeted with a lovely, crisp display which trumps the older version!

Noticeable Improvements over Galaxy Grand Duos:
• Dimensions 146.8x75.3x8.9cm vs 143x76.9x9.6cm. The phone is slightly taller, yet the form factor is more user friendly
• 5.25 inch 720x1280 LCD display translating to 280 ppi vs 5inch 480x800, 187 ppi (pixels per inch)
• Zippy Snapdragon 400 quad core 1.2 GHz processor with an Adreno 305 graphics processor
• 1.5GB RAM vs 1GB RAM
• Android OS, v4.3 (Jelly Bean) support, upgradable to 4.4.

The phone has a larger 2600mAH battery vs 2100mAh, yet I have experienced practically the same battery endurance, probably due to the higher performance, screen resolution and quad core CPU. The Galaxy 2 takes micro sim cards, so you will have to cut your existing ones to fit, that is, if you are upgrading.

Given the price, I would have liked to see certain features like:
- NFC
- Better camera
- Notification LED

Considerations:
The market is now flooded with dual sim phones which could arguably provide better value, yet there must be a reason as to why Samsung dominates the smartphone marketshare.
If you already own a Galaxy Grand Duos, you might want to wait for the price to drop before taking the plunge.
Unless you really want a dual sim, than the Samsung Galaxy S4 is by far a better deal, offering premium build quality and performance.

Conclusion:
I do think that this phone is still overpriced, even when taking the feature set into account.
The Samsung Galaxy Grand duos 2 is a great phone, and can already be found cheaper if you shop around.

Undoubtedly Samsung has produced another winner with the Grand Duos 2. The fast Snapdragon quad core processor and lovely screen make for a great user interface.

Highly recommended
on 28 May 2014
very good, good price and good product , i will buy again good delivery service, excellent dual sim phone much better than other compititors
on 27 July 2014
Arrived well within stated delivery times. I had thought I was purchasing from a UK source (probably my mistake) but my package arrived well wrapped and in perfect condition, completely sealed as direct from the manufacturer....even had the UK plug sealed inside so definitely no problems there whatsoever.

I have been using it for a few weeks now and absolutely love this phone. I had done some research before making my purchase and it paid off - this is exactly what I need. It is fast and responsive and of course has the dual sim facility.

Good phone for a very competitive price - from a reliable seller THANK YOU
on 22 December 2015
I bought this machine not on Amazon, another site.
It has two problems, I could not find any light enhancement, take picture in low light that's what you get.
If you need google it's not for you, setting your wireless data is ok but log into Google and it locks up.
A female voice tells you what is happening and the keys you press. You are in pin insert and no matter how many times you do this you will still have three more attempts.
You then have to factory re-set, press all three buttons at the same time, clear and re-boot, you start over again. It took me three attempts before the penny dropped.
I can live without Google, for me a reasonable machine with two sims, bought this from a Romanian gent via Hong Kong less than £100 big ones free postage, It is a G7102 but is it a European model, I don't mind it's what I need. Your move!
on 15 November 2014
Meets my requirements and very happy with product.
on 25 December 2014
Love being able to have my business phone and personal phone all in one. Only thing is that manual is written in Russian
on 28 November 2014
lovely product will recommend
on 16 July 2015
great phone.. good camera, does what its supposed to ..stood up to a friends Note 4.... only thing i dont like is i think the connection to wifi is sometimes weak.
on 28 October 2014
This is possibly the best phone currently on the market. I have chucked my iPhones and gone 100% android and do not regret it.
If you want a phone get one of these, I needed two sims (two countries).
on 18 January 2016
Had this phone for some months now and its been great, easy to use and looks good, had lots of good comments on it.