5.0 out of 5 stars Superb bag and very helpful supply company
Published 12 months ago by R Smith

1.0 out of 5 stars Too many issues
This bag was a bit bigger than expected, but still a very good size for daily use if you, like me, always have at least one book and other "essentials" with you on the go.
Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb bag and very helpful supply company, 15 Mar. 2014
R Smith (Essex, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
My original order arrived on time however on inspection of the bag it was defective in some of the stitching? I pointed this out to the supplier and they were prepared to give me a discount if I cared to repair it. That was not prectical with the stitching being on a double layer of thick leather and right across the top of the inside of the bag. We continued a very amicable exchange of communications with the thought that I would return the bag. After due consideration the supplier decided that I should keep the defective bag as the postage was quite high and they would send another. That duly arrived faster than the first order and was 100% in all respects. If you have any worries about dealing at a distance with China dont worry about dealing with Ideal Tech a spot on company.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bag a bargain!, 28 May 2014
Jood (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I've been trawling the internet for the longest time, searching for a sturdy canvas bag to use as hand luggage on a long haul flight. It had to be big enough to hold my Samsung tablet, kindle, camera, passports and all the Stuff-I-Can't-Possibly-Do-Without. Having found the style I wanted, at a price I was prepared to pay, I then dithered for another few weeks - bags are personal things and I was reluctant to buy such a thing without handling it. I finally got to grips with myself and ordered this one.

I'm so glad I did as it's exactly what I wanted.

It is bigger than I expected, but that's no problem, as I'm sure I'll find more Stuff I Really Need. It's really sturdy and well made; the main compartment has a robust metal zip on the inside pocket, and the same type of zip along the top. On the front are two pockets, each with flaps fastened by two very strong press studs, and the front flap then folds over, covering these pockets completely; this then fastens with magnetic studs, the buckles being decorative. On each side of the bag is another pocket, this time fastened with a strong buckle. The shoulder strap, made of good, strong webbing is 52" at its longest and 32" at its shortest; it has a wide shoulder pad for comfort. This bag is so well made and such a good price; - I'm really happy with it.

Delivery was excellent - I ordered it on 15th May and it arrived on 28th May. I'll be honest, I did have my reservations about buying from China - for no other reason than distance: if I hadn't liked it, or it was faulty, it might have been more of a hassle returning it. However my fears are unfounded and I would recommend the bag and trader.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great bag., 29 Mar. 2014
I had read good reviews of this bag, but it really is excellent. I took it on holiday, to Goa, and rode around on a small scooter, with my camera, and a few other bits in it. It kept everything safe, and looks smart. Well worth every penny.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too many issues, 12 Feb. 2015
Amazon Customer "maria2222" (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I also like the size of the two smaller pockets at the front, but unfortunately they do not have zippers, only a couple of (difficult to close and open) buttons, so you cannot store anything valuable like phones, Oyster cards, keys etc. which is annoying, because I like to have them easily accessible at the front rather than having to roam around the big zipped compartment. The buttons are a real problem as they take effort to open/close which will likely result in me leaving the pockets open - and thus empty - at most times.
The bag itself seems sturdy and durable, but the details, such as the above-mentioned buttons and the leather zipper pull are not well made. The leather used for zipper pull fell off at first use and I now have to reattach it almost every other time I unzip the bag. Also, the first time I opened the inside pocket zipper in the big compartment, the teeth didn't close properly. This problem hasn't of yet reoccurred, but I've only had the bag a couple of days, so let's see what happens.
All in all a nice design to look at and I like the colour, but it has some issues that means I would go for another bag if I had tested it out in a shop before buying it.

UPDATE 17 February 2015 (dropped from 3 to 1 star)
All zippers have now split at one time or the other and the one for the big room does so more than 60% of the time - even without the bag being full. Also the zipper pull for the big room has broken so that I have to squeeze it together with a set of pliers to fix it. And I've used the bag for about a week now.... It's just not good enough at that price!

3.0 out of 5 stars Ordered army green.. came in light brown color ..., 25 Dec. 2014
Ordered army green..came in light brown color with a tag stating color is green..still pondering if I shud return it or keep it..overall its a OK bag..looks old even when its new..but that's how I wanted it anyways..

4.0 out of 5 stars A manly man bag!!!, 15 Aug. 2014
I brought this bag as I needed a "man" bag... Just too much rubbish like glasses, wallet, phone, etc and I hate things in my pockets... Problem is I hate man bags as well... This seems to fit the bill, rugged and rustic looking enough not to look too much like a "man" bag.
Its well made for the money and no complaints but some things in my view that would have made it better;

1. Change the magnetic closures to sprung loaded clasps. That way they could have put a carry handle on the top. (can't at the moment because it would pull the bag open)
2. The side pockets are secured with a buckle, again a spring closure would have made this a perfect phone pocket.
3. An internal phone pocket or pen holder would have been useful.

I gave this bag 4 stars instead of 5 only because the bag could have had a few more features (In my view) to make it perfect for a "man" bag. Maybe a bit harsh...

Would I recommend it - YES.

3.0 out of 5 stars Construction is mostly good, materials are good, but received wrong colour, 26 Jan. 2015
A Christmast present - nothing wrong with the bag, quite the contrary. Construction is good, materials are good, only the base of the buttons that keep the front pockets closed are too small, which is likely to result in the buttons ripping off of the pockets when opening them.

The bag was well received and well liked, and has been frequently used since. My only gripe is that we were sent the 'coffee' colour, mistakenly labeled 'army green'. The recipient had no idea though, so all was well in the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Bad Rocks, 15 May 2014
Inexpensive, sturdy enough for day-to-day use and most importantly, cooly anonymous. I keep all my M43 camera kit in it and carry it daily, a great man-bag!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made and very good value., 18 Dec. 2014
Well made and very good value. Note that this does not quite hold a 15.6 inch laptop, but great for tablets and all other items.

3.0 out of 5 stars Overall a good item, that works for me, with minor flaws., 12 Aug. 2014
It arrived reasonably quickly enough from China, oddly though via Belgium. Fairly well made, although the main strap was twisted one half turn, so is not straight from side to side. The Buckles very slowly slide, so you'll fine the bag getting longer and longer on the straps. Also the magnetic buckle straps over the front (although magnetically strong enough) are hard to locate on their catches. Finally I had one buckle strap (where it passes through a sleeve on the bag flap) come loose due top bad stitching, although this was easily glued back on [tip for that - use 'impact adhesive' for the best result].
Overall though, a good item, that works for me.