5.0 out of 5 stars Alice and Nicolas Palmer have done it again... a smashing story!, 25 Dec 2014
frenchie - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Alice Parker & the Curse of Fate (Alice Parker's Adventures Book 5) (Kindle Edition)
Oh, it is with such delight I met again Alice, her brother Thomas and all of the Finwip community. This time, after a series of serious incidents that cannot be coincidences, Alice and Thomas are on the run from..... the scaly statue of Lionel. I won't go into the plot, but Nicolas Palmer has done it again. As cliche it is, Alice Parker and the Curse of Fate is a real page turner, an addiction.
There was a gap for me, as I did not realise that the sequel was out for a long time. But the magic was undeniably still there.
I don't want to wait so long now for the 6th book.
By the way, we have a glimpse of Alice 's future. If you want to know what it is, you have to read the book, And like me, you will be speechless. Nicolas has got a twisted sense of humour. No wonder Alice was not impressed by what she learned.
I recommend the whole series, for boys and girls alike and grown ups who never grew up.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fantastic YA Series!, 20 Jun 2014
This is the fifth book in the Alice Parker's Adventures for children. I loved it!

Alice Parker is a fantastic character! She is a very special girl. She is a Finwip (a descendant of fairies), and the only known Finwip able to fly. I loved this girl when I first met her in the first book, Alice Parker's Metamorphosis. Alice has grown in confidence and ability, but when danger again threatens the safety of her family, can she find the culprit without being killed herself?

I started to read this story, and was quickly pulled back into the fantastic world of the Finwips. I read this book in one sitting, as I couldn't put it down! Alice and Thomas, as well as the rest of the Parker family, have had a few near misses, thanks to some mysterious "accidents". So, to be safe, the family travels to Germany. This story was just as exciting as the previous four, and the suspense and mystery of not knowing who was after them was killing me! It certainly kept me guessing! There are some new characters to meet, and some old faces pop up, which keeps the story interesting. One of the new characters is a boy called Ralph, who is around the same age as Alice (who is now 15). His family calls him Katalysator (or Kat for short), due to his ability to enhance other Finwips abilities - sort of like an amplifier. He also has several other abilities similar to Alice, which gives them something in common. The story has several twists and turns which often surprised me, and Hugh makes a surprise appearance with a shocking announcement. The story does not end on a cliffhanger, but it left me feeling happy. Although I don't know if there may be another book in the series, I hope there will be. This is a fast paced, action packed adventure that will keep children from the ages of 9-13 completely engrossed!

Nicola Palmer has written an amazing children's series that is enchanting, exciting and all round good fun! Her writing style is fast paced, but easy enough for youngsters to read and follow. She is one of my favourite children's book authors!

I highly recommend this YA children's book (and series) to children and adults alike! - Lynn Worton

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Series, 30 Mar 2014
Mrs. C. Hughes "chez" (Wales,UK) - See all my reviews
I absolutely love this series it is so different from anything else i have read and is suitable for ages 9 to 99.
Nicola has indeed produced a literary gem and I feel that this has the potential to become a classic ,In my opinion this is on a par with Enid Blyton and I look forward to where ever Nicola takes us in the future

5.0 out of 5 stars Growing up is never easy, 7 Jun 2014
And Alice's new responsibilities are weighing her down. Add that to some one trying to do her a mischief all the time may explain her petulance. And then there are the first stirrings of romance in her heart which are cruelly dashed by a revelation about her future. Will Alice be fated to be without her one true love? Want to know ....... then read on!
Book 5 of the series is a beguiling tale in it's own right, but when read with it's companions is growing into a compelling series. Nicola has created a wonderful character in Alice. one which is easily envisaged and eminently believable. I found myself feeling very moved by her internal strife.
I just hope there will be more and we are able to see Alice grow and become contented with her position and happy in herself. So Nicola, you have much more to tell us about Alice ...... We await with bated breath

5.0 out of 5 stars Alice Parker and the curse of fate, 26 July 2014
Amazing book, hope the next one's out soon!!!!!!
By Samantha Edwards
P.S alice and Hugh??? Yuck yuck yuck!!!!!!
P.P.S does Thomas marry Ellis??

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 23 Oct 2014
I enjoyed this and loved the twist at the end. I really didn't see it coming. I found it absolutely fantastic.