on 15 December 2011
Unfortunate English is alive and well and in the pages of this hilarious book that would make an ideal present after reading, as once told a joke is not funny the second time out.
My only downside comment is that there are too many of the usual foreign cross meaning and translation jokes, and not enough of the home grown variety.
Anyway, buy it and laugh! Delivered with classic Amazon speed and efficiency, by the way.
Malcolm Parkin
on 16 November 2011
Lots of chuckles and very suitable to leave in the downstairs loo. A pity that the quality of photo reproduction isn't generally better and a bit pricey for what it is, but enjoyable.
on 29 December 2011
Amusing book and raised a few chuckles. But the funniest one is the one on the front cover. So a bit disappointing.
on 19 December 2012
This looked like a great Christmas present idea, and it might well be... for you. However potential purchasers need to be aware that this book (and the second volume, ordered at the same time) have an extensive "x-rated" section of signs with overt sexual meaning, not even double entendres. This may be a plus for you, but sadly this means it is unsuitable as a gift for the person I had hoped would find the book amusing.
on 13 November 2014
Most of us have enjoyed making fun of menus in foreign countries when on holiday. They use the internet to get online translators and I often think it would be a nice job to proof-read where invited and move on to the next country with all expenses paid.

Would you want to eat ‘fresh crap’ (crab?) Or ‘chicken from your mother? To drink ‘arse wine’?

There’s a ‘semen market’ in Istanbul.

Some Spanish fireworks are called ‘Ars Cracks’.

And is this furniture - ‘fresh soft stools’?

Serbia sells’Slag Yoghurt’.

You don’t have to go abroad to have a laugh. ‘Illegally parked cars will be fine’.

In the US ‘Try our new anus burger.’

‘This is the back door. The front door is at the back’ – Kinsale, Ireland.

‘We do chicken rightS’ – KFC

Visit the ‘Arousal café in Barmouth, Wales.

You can get ‘Cock Soup Mix’ in my corner shop – it’s made in Swindon.

In Chessington World Adventures, UK there’s a sign that reads ‘Private Parts - access to staff only.’

Ohio dry cleaners has a big sign that reads, ‘Drop your pants here.’
on 9 January 2012
Bought this book for a family member at christmas, all had a good laugh at some of the pictures (although some were not that great) but for under £10 its a good buy...an occasional flick through, purchase if you have this humour! I liked it :)
on 7 December 2011
It's a really funny book, so good in fact that I bought three for members of my family as little stocking fillers for Christmas.
on 12 February 2012
I bought this as an xmas present for a middle aged man and he loved it.
The quality of the photos is good and almost every page .raises a laugh
on 20 February 2013
There are some great signs in here, some like others have said are just mis-translations but that doesn't stop them from making you have a good giggle, like the grilled paving slab, that one had us all giggling. I just had this image in my head imagining the ridiculousness of it all, going into a restaurant and some massive piece of slab being plonked on my plate and trying to cut into it with a knife.
However its over almost as soon as its begun which is shame because I love this sort of thing.
on 3 January 2012
This brings a little light relief on the dull days after Christmas. We'll all have to keep looking for more signs for the next edition!