on 8 July 2013
Very good value for money. No scratches unlike the plastic ones I got. They come to you as seen in the picture. I am very pleased.
on 23 July 2013
I like this, although I now wish I'd bought a bigger one as it's only 2 inches (5 cm) long. I don't think I read the product dimensions so it's all my fault really. Can work really well when you catch it right - we've had some beautiful bright shining rainbows. It comes in a decent enough little box too which means you have something to put this very breakable glass toy in once you've finished with it. Will be buying more prisms soon.
on 1 May 2013
I have always wanted one of these since i first used one in school way way back in the early 70's. This is better than i remembered. It splits the light perfectly its crystal clear perfectly made. I gave it 5 stars because that is all i can give if i could put 10 then i would. The box is nice too with a little magnet to keep the flap closed and the dust out.i want a bigger one now and a Big Pyramid one too
on 15 February 2015
Fantastic. I am a STEM ambassador and do various projects with schools. This product is very good and every inquisitive child should have access to one to see how white light can be split into its component colours. Teachers get one for your year 3s and above an spend a lesson investigating. With a little more elaboration you can show how red and green lasers are bent through different angles. Or perhaps for year 6's you could make a spectroscope. Very good product and very quick delivery
on 27 January 2013
Bought from SuntekStore Online - A nice prism for the price. It seems to be just about the right size and comes packaged in a nice box (which wont take rough handling - but hey that's not what I bought). The prism works you just need a decent light source which I dont have but it does what it says on the tin. Bought because I am a physics graduate from many years ago and wanted to show my young kids the magic of light.
on 21 April 2014
This works and can be used with a science class to split sunlight, but the 'glass' it is made from may not have a refractive index of 1.5 . It does work though and the box and prism was as shown.
on 7 July 2013
It is what it is, do not think much about box as when you remove tape to open box peels off colour making the box look tat but Prism Great
on 14 February 2015
Beautifully packed and presented.shatter-proof. my 6 year old Precious One enjoys it (with my supervison) Quite a good teaching aid for someone who konws the Planets in Order.
on 25 February 2014
Had loads of fun making rainbows on the kids walls and explaining why the light is made up of so many colours. Required parenting tool!
on 1 May 2015
This is presented really well in a lovely little box with a satin cushion to protect it! Thought with the price being quite reasonable and a lot lower than the other glass prisms that we were looking at that, this may be flawed or the glass chipped so that it wouldn't work properly but it was absolutely flawless and completely worth the money! We used it to examine how white light is made up of different colours and also has some fun with the reverse reflections in the prism!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse