Published 7 months ago by Amazon Customer

What I didn't like:

Love was declared by Reece very early on and for the majority of the book I never really saw any romance, only friendship and sex.

There was too much pointless dialogue. It left me bored and...
Published 8 months ago by **Yasmine**

2.0 out of 5 stars Though a loveable storyline and characters, I had some hang-ups with this book that caused me to not enjoy it so much., 29 Mar 2014

What I didn't like:

There was too much pointless dialogue. It left me bored and disinterested.

I felt the BDSM/Dom-sub element was VERY out of place with Reece's character and the book, which is a chick-lit fluff romance.
To expand a bit more: Reece came across as sweet guy, he blushed, he was nervous, he was a beta hero. Then he became somewhat controlling, 'to help with her OCD'. These sex scenes bothered me quite a bit because a lot of it felt like coerced consent, Bailey never seemed to fully 'gave herself over' to be controlled, but then she seemed to go along with it, even though she felt vulnerable and humiliated at times.

The whole scene with her swallowing grossed me out: having a mouthful of semen for that amount of time... I just kept on thinking 'just swallow it!!!!'

I didn't understand why the heroine's POV was written in the 1st person, yet the hero's POV was written in the 3rd person.

What I did like:

I thought the characterization of Bailey and her OCD was well written.

I enjoyed the side characters, especially the lead characters best friends. They were fun.

Reece (when out of the bedroom) was a great guy and very realistic.

There was some funny banter and scenes that made me chuckle.

I liked how Bailey grew as a woman with OCD.

2.0 out of 5 stars could'nt get in to this, 24 May 2014
This review is from: LoveLines (Kindle Edition)
read a few of this authors books and really enjoyed them . but just couldn't get into this one at all I stopped reading it in the end

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovelines is sexy, emotional, heart-breaking and funny. 4-Stars, 10 April 2014
Amazon Customer (Wiltshire, England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LoveLines (Kindle Edition)
Lovelines is a beautifully written romance depicting an honest portrayal of mental illness and how it affects every aspect of modern day living. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder plays a pivotal role in this heroine’s life and S.Walden has created a full-embodied read that captures the perfect balance between sexy, emotional, heart-breaking and funny. Suffice to say, this book has it all!

The synopsis explains Lovelines storyline and vibe perfectly, so I’m not going to write a full overview of the plot itself, but would like to touch upon what made this book work for me, and that was the selflessness of this wonderful hero, Reece.

From a state foster kid to successful marketing extraordinaire to finding solace within the arms of a girl whose life has been thwart with complications since the age of six, his character was faultless. I loved every scene where Reece featured. He exuded sex appeal but with a controlling yet fun-loving side, and he gave hope to Bailey when she had almost given up on the idea of a future that didn’t consists of counting steps, tapping pens and living by the tick of a clock.

He gave her a new focus, gave her strength in love and hope in second-chances and I believed every word he said.

Retro, funky, cute ‘Be’boppin’ Bailey is certainly a complex character, whose plight made for an interesting and refreshing read. Many coin the phrase ‘OCD’ when it comes to clean houses and meticulous planning but actually, OCD is a very real, very distressing illness that can have a profound impact on everyday life. The little things that many of us take for granted, such as acting in spontaneity, is an anxiety attack just waiting to happen for real sufferers and S.Walden incorporated all these elements within this heartfelt and deeply compelling love story.

Lovelines shared moments of pure perfection, followed closely by surmounting pressure from others, family hardships and personal set-backs; giving a very real impression of the challenges they both faced which made for an enjoyable and very emotional read.

I did feel myself waning a little near the 30% mark as Lovelines is somewhat of a slow-builder. I don’t think it needed to be quite as drawn out in those earlier scenes, although it did give great insight to the characterisation of not just Bailey, but some interesting secondary characters too. And the alternating 1st person POV to 3rd was off-putting at times, but overall, a 'phablous' story.

This is a standalone read with a concluded ending. The epilogue hints as to which couple book two will be focusing on, and I’m looking forward to reading it.

4-Stars.