on 10 July 2014
Simply expressed, just like Pope Francis, and eminently practical, most inspiring. Take it slowly. I am, and benefitting greatly on the way. Can only recommend, not just for Catholics.
on 25 May 2014
I often asked myself questions: What else can I do for God? How can I improve my Christian ways? And While bookshops are full of sources getting equal chance of being read as book of Pope I chose book written by Pope.
Why? Simply beacause you can only become Pope if you live remarkable life and you gather remarkable knowledge and I'd rather hear voice of an "expert" first before voices of historians, philosophers or freelance writers no matter how attractive their books seem to be.
I've definitely made the right choice because in "The Church Of Mercy" I've found most of answers to my questions written in a very plain and easy to understand language. I literally "flew" through the pages! Hesitate no more - read it!
on 20 July 2014
This book was a gift for my mother who found it a beautifully written guide to implementing the gospels into every day life.
on 4 June 2014
I bought this book for my father for his 96th birthday as he is a very devout Catholic and has seen the turn of the century from a religious perspective. Pope Francis' writings have given my father a lot of hope that the Catholic Church will return to the true teachings of humanity first with the principle of 'who can throw the first stone'. A very uplifting missive for all who wish to help unify the world via it's most powerful spiritual force - religion.
on 14 February 2015
core values beautifully and honestly discussed. Challenging reflection questions. Refreshing and honest. A treat after so many spiritual books of many words and cliches and no punch.
on 2 February 2015
Bought as a present for my mum, who loved it. It's important for readers to know that this is actually written by the Pontiff - other books authored by other writers - my mum tells me, just are not as interesting. So if you want to know about this Pope, go direct to the source!
on 24 August 2014
I'm sure it gladdens the heart of Jesus!
on 23 April 2014
Reminds me of The Story of a Soul.
Lovely introduction by Cardinal Nichols.
Easy to read
Very profound.
Lifts up the spirit
Balm for a broken Church?
on 26 October 2014
It is exactly the kind of book I was hoping to read about the guidance of Pope Francis to the Church. He is indeed a wonderful spiritual leader.
on 22 October 2014
I found this a very helpful introduction to the new Pope's mind set. - Let's hope he can achieve the transformation he clearly envisages.