5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book! Learn to sew 'in no time'
I haven't properly sewn anything since I was a teenager and fancied exploring my old hobby. However I am far from an expert and felt I needed a bit of guidance so I bought this book and a few others to inspire me and build my confidence. This book was however by far my favorite. I loved all the projects which ranged in ability and the time needed to complete them...
Published on 9 Jan. 2010 by Mrs. H. Warner

3.0 out of 5 stars No different to all the others
Although this is a great book for newbies to the craft of sewing I found it was not really any different to the other books on the market project wise and I would have liked to see a variety of things to make which I would actually use (my children are grown up so have no need for toy bags etc)
I agree with the other reviwer who said that the bath mat instructions...
Published on 2 Jun. 2010 by Mrs. A. K. Childs

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book! Learn to sew 'in no time', 9 Jan. 2010
Mrs. H. Warner (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sewing in No Time (Paperback)

The book offers instructions on making a range of things from beautiful book jackets, cushions, quilted style blankets, needle cases, curtains, bathroom mats and much more. It is not hard to imagine how you could really transform your home with these projects. The instructions are written clearly and illustrated with diagrams which really helped a novice like me understand what I was supposed to be doing. Clear guidance is given on what is needed for each project and the estimated time it will take you to complete each one. There is something in this book for everyone - from beginner to accomplished sewer, and you don't need a fancy sewing machine to complete the projects - I rescued my antique Jones sewing machine out of the garage which can only do 3 different lengths of stitch. It really is a beautiful book, I love it.

I have just completed my first project - a fabric recipe book jacket. I am really pleased with the finished result - it looks like something you would buy in the shops and has inspired me to make a few more as gifts. I have gone from being a bit nervous and dubious of my own ability to planning my next project with excitement and confidence.

I recommend this book to anyone who loves sewing. You won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sewing in no time - fab value, 22 Nov. 2008
This review is from: Sewing in No Time (Paperback)
I loved the variety of projects in this book.I found the photography pleasant and representative of the items.Each project has a projected "time to complete" caption which is useful. All in all, buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Ideas, 2 May 2009
This review is from: Sewing in No Time (Paperback)
I really liked this book, it is full of inspiration and lovely photo's, and a nice range of beginners and advanced projects. If you like your sewing pink and floral then I would recommend this book to you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 5 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Sewing in No Time (Paperback)
Totally beautiful projects, photography and ideas. I am a total beginner but there are a few projects in here that i could do quite confidently. Excellent section at the beginning of how to thread up your machine so all areas covered including hand stitching.

You should be in doubt, you do need this book!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice book, 18 Jan. 2009
Irina H. (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sewing in No Time (Paperback)
This book is filled with great projects to make for the house. It is suitable for both begginers and more advanced crafters. It has clear exlanations and diagrams. I made the picnic blanket and toy bags and they turned out lovely.

4.0 out of 5 stars very accessible, 24 July 2008
This review is from: Sewing in No Time (Paperback)
Lots of lovely projects that you can imagine having in your home - not too fussy or overly designed - but still appealing enough to add something special. It's also easy to imagine how you could make the projects in your own choice of fabrics. The artworks make the instructions easy to follow, and the I like the no-fuss attitude to everything. I just took one star away for the awful photography - bad lighting, unimaginative styling and lack of attention to detail lets the pretty projects down. However a must for anyone who wants simple projects and a straightforward approach.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great project book!, 12 Feb. 2010
K. Hosking "hoskingkirsty" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sewing in No Time (Paperback)
I recently bought a sewing machine (after sewing last when I was a kid) and I needed some inspiration,this book is great! I showed it to one of my craft buddies and it was on her Christmas list immediately!

There are projects of all sizes and for each area in the home, the best part I like about it, is the aprox time it takes to complete. I am sure it takes me a lot longer, but it is usefull to know if something is going to take 1 hour or 3.

At the back is a technique guide which is great if like me you have no clue how to sew for example a running stich! I have made lots of things out of this book already and ordered another 2 of her books.

Very simple instructions to follow and great unique ideas

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice variety of Projects, 15 Sept. 2009
This review is from: Sewing in No Time (Paperback)
This is a nice book. Some of the projects were not to my taste, such as the frilly lightshade, but plenty of lovely and useful stuff. There may not be quite enough instruction for me on the more compicated projects as I am an absolute beginner so I would say that there are probably better books out there for those that are new to the craft. Overall, a lovely book and no regrets though!

3.0 out of 5 stars No different to all the others, 2 Jun. 2010
Mrs. A. K. Childs (Kent ( UK )) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sewing in No Time (Paperback)
I agree with the other reviwer who said that the bath mat instructions were wrong and that it was too much hassle to try to re-do them. Maybe someone with more experience of sewing could do this with no effort but dont forget, this book is aimed at newbies like myself.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good useful book, 27 April 2011
Sandra Miller (Norfolk, England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sewing in No Time (Paperback)
This book has a few great ideas in it and the instructions are easy to follow with lots of pictures. The templates need to be enlarged on a copier though, which I don't have access to. I would prefer a pull out real size pattern sheet, even if the price ends up a bit higher.