I read this full trilogy in one weekend. I adored Trey and Harley!

4 Stars: The Start of Us is a fun teaser to begin their journey, Harley meets Trey when she walks into his tattoo parlour, almost immediately they know there is potential for something between them and neither one is ready to call it a night just yet. Both are harbouring secrets but with the promise of one last night before they repent for their sins, Trey and Harley have a sexy fun night together only to be shocked the next day when they bump into each other in the most unexpected place.

4 Stars: The Thrill of It took me on an unexpected journey, I made assumptions from the synopsis but in actual fact I was surprised at the twists and turns of the storyline. I really loved both Harley and Trey as characters and was rooting for them every step of the way. The writing is really good and their chemistry is undeniable. It doesn't end on a cliffhanger per se but no need to worry, if you 1-click this box set you can dive right in to book two!

4.5 Stars: Every Second With You is an emotional roller coaster, just when I thought I knew Harley and Trey well, their characters surprised me. Their relationship had to undergo many trials and tribulations but their growth individually and together, gave them the strength to face their troubles head on. I was sceptical at first if this book was needed, I didn't want unnecessary drama but I must say, I'm so glad their story was continued and that ending was perfect!

If you love New Adult, Great writing and sexy fun characters then you really need to buy this boxset today :) ~Ava
Let me just say....... It is different to the usual Lauren, it is more edgy, grittier, but not widely different that you won't recognise her and won't love it if you love her other books. There are just as many sweet moments that melted my twisted heart! ;-)

The Thrill of It I gave 5 Stars

The Start of Novella. I have to read...

6 You made me Cry Stars for Every Second With You.....

I would not have been able to read this in public....Yes....result! You make me cry...you make me happy, you make me hate characters....you make me happy... I am Happy.

This was the first book in a while that made me cry, proper crying, snot and everything! My husband thought i was coming down with a bad cold when he came in and saw me.....i said no.... a book did it!

The first time, Trey did it. he disappointed me, why would this bother me to tears? Because Trey was so opposite to this behaviour i saw in The Thrill Of It, I loved his caring, emotionally available side. The way he was with Harley was ohhhhh...yes he had his issues, but he didn't treat those he loved this way...and that is what really got to me.....this one scene, when I thought yes, he has done the right thing..... he turned it around and instead i was left as cold as well......you will see.

I totally understood why, we all know the heartbreak and haunting grief behind Trey's addiction, it follows him everywhere, etched on his body, mind and soul. and recent news just brought it all crashing through the surface. Triggers happen......

There were more times i was close to tears, but there are all sorts of emotions pulled out of me in this...happy ones, sad, emotional, hate!!!! My heckles were raised, my heart was warmed and it was a temperature raising one too! This couple sure know how to steam up those bedroom windows!!!

There are more secrets uncovered, Dramas played out and my heart was in my mouth a number of times screaming...you have got to be kidding me!!! Noooooo no no.....

This really was a beautiful sequel, well written as always by Lauren and reminded me of the feeling i get when i watch a great film, you know the ones 'they don't make them like they used to'...........
on 9 May 2014
Wheeeew!!! What a book, it was a real rollercoaster ride. At times I was so thrilled at how things were working out and at other times I was really scared that things would fall apart for Trey and Harley. I even scrolled through the reviews looking for one that said they stayed together. The story is about. Trey is 21 and is a tattooist who creates a tattoo on Harley who is 19, and they end up spending the evening together ending up at Trey's flat where they become intimate but do not have sex. Both have problems with relationships Trey has sex with the married women much older than him in the apartment block where he used to live with his parents, and Harley has been a teenage call girl though she never has sex with her clients. After their evening together they go their desperate ways , and end up meeting again the next day when they both attend a love and sex addiction meeting. They hook up together and become firm friends .both knowing the others problems. They are attracted to each other and struggle to not give into their addiction helping each other to stay away from the cause of it. This is a really moving story which keeps you chewing your nails at times and got me really worried about their future, as you truly are drawn into their lives. Read this it's it such a wonderful story that will keep you turning the pa.ges, crossing your fingers/toes and biting he'll out of your nails and also scared that things may not work out for Trey and Harley
on 16 April 2014
This was a strange one for me, because I really liked this author's writing style in general, but I was wholly unconvinced by the main character's backgrounds and the whys and wherefores as to how they became "addicts". I really didn't like this aspect of the story and found their behaviours totally incongruous with their backgrounds...it just didn't fit or make me feel anything for them, other than me thinking, "that's just a bit weird"! I didn't have much sympathy with them for their plights, (and I'm not cold and heartless, it was just a bit meh!), so much so that I almost gave up part way through, but I'm glad I didn't. The book was also very very reminiscent of C M Stunich's Never series, and the characters in that series were just more real to me, so that made this fall short.
On the other hand, there were parts that were so well written, that I wanted to give sections of the books 5 stars! I very much liked the style of The Start of Us, and the second half of Every Second With You, which reminded me of the writing style of one of my favourite authors, Tammy Falkner, and in my eyes that's a massive compliment.
Some very heartfelt moments, realistic sex scenes, mixed in with what to me is an unrealistic storyline left me struggling with the star rating, as I don't want to be too harsh when there is real talent in the writing style. 3.5 stars me thinks overall.
on 27 February 2015
I absolutely love Lauren Blakely's stories. Her characters are always real and true to life, the female characters are strong and independent unlike some novels.
This book is a little different to some of her other work, in places it's really dark especially the first half. It deals with addiction of both characters and the struggles to kick their habits. It's realistic and handles a sensitive issue so well. It's also an amazing love story, one where two people learn to deal with their pasts and habits to become survivors not victims. The ending is fantastic too and so well written. In fact, the whole book is executed brilliantly! Highly recommended :) :) :)
on 4 June 2014
This was a brilliant Trilogy,I thought it was a bit slow at first but when it got to about 25% through that's when it started to get really good? Trey and Harley were destined to be together from the start they were perfect for each other but of course they had plenty of drama ahead of them, you were certainly kept on your toes wondering how it was going to play out, it was very sad and tense towards the end it made me cry because you could really feel what Trey was going through, like it say, kept you wondering. All the characters were portrayed very well and you felt very connected to them, defiantly worth 5*
on 27 March 2014
And boy was it a thrill so many twists and turns so funny and sad I kinda thought I knew where this was going but as I said so many twists and at a point I was so wrong I felt stupid but that's the great thing about this book like you want it to go in one direction but it takes you somewhere else then brings you back to where you wanted it but even right at the end you're sitting on the edge if your seat wanting to read faster to know this was going and it didn't disappoint loved the book loved the story and I loved all the characters xoxo
on 2 March 2015
Took me awhile to get into this story line cos it confused me at 1st but a few chapters in i was loving it and couldn't put it down .... Trey sounds like a dish lol suppose it helps me imagine him being covered in tattoo's. Love & sex & addiction, blackmail, call girl, pimp lol well it all happens in these books worth a read people even got a lil tear or two towards the end
on 26 March 2014
these books were amazing, from start to finish, loved these two characters, what an amazing story, would have loved more of these two THANK you
on 29 July 2014
I liked this book but wasn't as hooked as I could if been. Sometimes I couldn't put it down yet other times I would get to a part in the book and make myself stick with it. But by the end I really liked it. X