4.0 out of 5 stars Exciting collection of 80s electro classics
Bought this today on the strength of the amount of tracks for the price, 60 tracks over 3 discs, and to pander toy my shear pleasure in listening to the greatest 80s electro tracks.

Published 20 months ago by DEATH (Leics Branch)

1.0 out of 5 stars UTTER, UTTER WASTE OF MONEY, I WANT A REFUND!
THESE TRACKS ARE JOINED TOGETHER EXCERPTS OF ALL THE SONGS - THEY ARE CRUDELY MIXED AND BALANCED AND THE DJ SHOT SHOULD BE ASHAMED.

EXCEPT THAT I WOULD LOSE MONEY IN THE PROCESS OF RETURNING I WOULD HAVE DONE SO... AS IT IS, I WILL TURN THESE INTO DRINK COASTERS....UTTER, UTTER USELESS AND HIDEOUS
Published 12 months ago by Thomas J. Wynn

4.0 out of 5 stars Exciting collection of 80s electro classics, 7 Sept. 2013

I'm happy to report that the pack delivers, and actually exceeds my expectations, and all tracks seem to be the original recordings, rather than what tends to happen on cheap compilations of "a member of the original band happened to be in the studio when we did this cover version" session albums of yesteryear.

Also, there are a few gems here that rarely appear on compilations, so I now have on CD for the first time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 14 Jan. 2014
Radiojock (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
There are some things in life that you just have to do. Like, renewing the acquaintance you probably had with vinyl copies of certain songs. I probably had most of these except for a few.

Stunners like Rockit (Herbie Hancock) and Enola Gay (O.M.D.) was enough to pique my interest, but then it turned very, very seriously NICE with Close (To The Edit) by Art of Noise; Axel F (Harold Faltermeyer); E=mc2 (Big Audio Dynamite); Underpass (John Foxx). I mean, I could go on and on. Best thing I can do for you really is to point you to the album itself and tell ya to get it if you love the 80s. I'm very glad to have done that myself. I've got it playing now and the quality of sound more than meets my expectations. As for the memories, they are joyous.

5.0 out of 5 stars Electric Eighties - non-stop 80's classics, 19 July 2013
Full of brilliant tracks/artists from the 80's very good compilation had me singing along reliving some wonderful memories from the era! Very good value for money!

5.0 out of 5 stars greatest ever electric eighties, 9 July 2013
very good album excellent value on amazon fast efficient despatch every 80's song ever remembered very good album love it

4.0 out of 5 stars Greta music, 28 Jun. 2014
Mark Sellars (North Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Electric 80s (Audio CD)
Very nostalgic. Some tracks seems to have been remixed and extended for the sake of it. Some tracks are fantastic.

1.0 out of 5 stars UTTER, UTTER WASTE OF MONEY, I WANT A REFUND!, 19 May 2014
Thomas J. Wynn (STOCKTON, N.S.W. Australia) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but could be better., 18 April 2014
This review is from: Electric 80s (Audio CD)
This is 3 CDs of 80s tracks in three continuous mixes. The track selection is quite standard for a choice of 'electric'. It would have been nice to see some more of the less-obvious choices though (Why no Kraftwerk?). I don't need to discuss the music though - it speaks for itself and was an amazing era.

So my reason for buying it was to have all the tracks mixed. And the mixing is sometimes good and sometimes poor. Some of it works really well and others 'just don't work'. Tainted Love does not flow in to Blue Monday! And some of it is just overlapped with no beat-matching going on whatsoever. Most of the tracks are the 12" versions, which I am glad they opted to use these instead of the 7" mixes, but they are cut too short. I'd rather see 15 tracks per CD if it meant hearing more of the longer 12" mixes, because they would flow better. However, I think this is typical of record companies going for quantity over quality.

Also worth noting is that the cardboard packaging is very bad. You can't easily remove the CDs without tearing the cardboard.

So overall, I'm still glad I bought this and I would like to see a Volume 2. It's good, but could be better. I would suggest you buy the mp3 album though - you get all the 12" versions of the tracks and the mixes and it's cheaper. Most of the full length 12" versions are superb tracks so you get to hear them in their entirety - with the CD, you just get the three long mixes.

5.0 out of 5 stars super songs, 22 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Electric 80s (Audio CD)
im always love the 80's music.artists arent hear anymore.always seems like im in 80's when song was playing . .

5.0 out of 5 stars Electric 80s, 9 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Electric 80s (Audio CD)
What a brilliant triple cd this a must for any 80s fan. The only comment I can make is that the downloaded version was mainly 12 inch versions which are brilliant where as the cd version wasn't, but its worth getting the downloaded version which is free when you buy the cd.

4.0 out of 5 stars 80s electric, 3 May 2014
A great selection of eighties songs again filled out with some very mediocre and non electric genre tracks. Good 4/5 nevertheless.

Electric 80s