4.0 out of 5 stars Greta music
Very nostalgic. Some tracks seems to have been remixed and extended for the sake of it. Some tracks are fantastic.
Published 10 months ago by Mark Sellars

1.0 out of 5 stars UTTER, UTTER WASTE OF MONEY, I WANT A REFUND!
THESE TRACKS ARE JOINED TOGETHER EXCERPTS OF ALL THE SONGS - THEY ARE CRUDELY MIXED AND BALANCED AND THE DJ SHOT SHOULD BE ASHAMED.

EXCEPT THAT I WOULD LOSE MONEY IN THE PROCESS OF RETURNING I WOULD HAVE DONE SO... AS IT IS, I WILL TURN THESE INTO DRINK COASTERS....UTTER, UTTER USELESS AND HIDEOUS
Published 11 months ago by Thomas J. Wynn

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars UTTER, UTTER WASTE OF MONEY, I WANT A REFUND!, 19 May 2014
Thomas J. Wynn (STOCKTON, N.S.W. Australia) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Not individual tracks but a remix version, 7 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Electric 80s (Audio CD)
I was looking for a 80's album to get digital versions of all the music I used to love listening to on tape. Disappointed with this as it is not individual tracks that start and end but one track immediately goes into the next as a single track remix. It also appears to have chosen a lot of the re-mixed tracks of the songs, I.e. what we use to refer to as the "12 inch version". Maybe that is mentioned in the description but I missed that bit.
Some of the tracks are great and includes many of the songs I love but overall as said, a little disappointed with this box set.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ruined by the continuous train wreck mixes, 2 April 2015
This review is from: Electric 80s (Audio CD)
I had high hopes for this CD set but I purchased it without realising it was one continuous mix. I say 'mix' but it's clearly been put together by someone who has no idea how to mix. Most of the songs are blended together at various levels of train wreck and although some are quoted as 12" versions, you don't get all of the 12" mix. Save your money or spend it wisely on a better 80s 12" CD - there are plenty of them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Greta music, 28 Jun. 2014
Mark Sellars (North Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but could be better., 18 April 2014
This review is from: Electric 80s (Audio CD)
This is 3 CDs of 80s tracks in three continuous mixes. The track selection is quite standard for a choice of 'electric'. It would have been nice to see some more of the less-obvious choices though (Why no Kraftwerk?). I don't need to discuss the music though - it speaks for itself and was an amazing era.

So my reason for buying it was to have all the tracks mixed. And the mixing is sometimes good and sometimes poor. Some of it works really well and others 'just don't work'. Tainted Love does not flow in to Blue Monday! And some of it is just overlapped with no beat-matching going on whatsoever. Most of the tracks are the 12" versions, which I am glad they opted to use these instead of the 7" mixes, but they are cut too short. I'd rather see 15 tracks per CD if it meant hearing more of the longer 12" mixes, because they would flow better. However, I think this is typical of record companies going for quantity over quality.

Also worth noting is that the cardboard packaging is very bad. You can't easily remove the CDs without tearing the cardboard.

So overall, I'm still glad I bought this and I would like to see a Volume 2. It's good, but could be better. I would suggest you buy the mp3 album though - you get all the 12" versions of the tracks and the mixes and it's cheaper. Most of the full length 12" versions are superb tracks so you get to hear them in their entirety - with the CD, you just get the three long mixes.

5.0 out of 5 stars super songs, 22 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Electric 80s (Audio CD)
im always love the 80's music.artists arent hear anymore.always seems like im in 80's when song was playing . .

5.0 out of 5 stars Electric 80s, 9 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Electric 80s (Audio CD)
What a brilliant triple cd this a must for any 80s fan. The only comment I can make is that the downloaded version was mainly 12 inch versions which are brilliant where as the cd version wasn't, but its worth getting the downloaded version which is free when you buy the cd.

2.0 out of 5 stars mixes, 17 April 2014
Victor Preston "gvb" (birmingham, west mids United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Electric 80s (Audio CD)
this is a big disappointment, it is not a set of rarities.
3 long dj mixes meaning most of the extended versions are cut too short.
a lot are under 4 minutes long this is a pointless compilation, unless you are planning an eighties night.
I would want the full length versions if it was my party.
the packaging is terrible, I creased the sleeve removing the discs.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good music selection but not full 12" versions, 18 April 2014
This review is from: Electric 80s (Audio CD)
Not a bad eighties selection of tracks but beware the tracks are not the full 12" versions as listed on the package. Mixed together well, DJ style is fun but would have preferred the full tracks. Not bad but could have been much better.

3.0 out of 5 stars One of the rarer compilations, 2 May 2014
L. Lloyd-green (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Electric 80s (Audio CD)
I must disagree with some of the reviews on here as they don't seem quite right, this is a 3 disc compilation of 12" and 7" remixes, also included on each disc is a continuous DJ mix, some reviews seem to thing that only the DJ mix is all that's on the disc.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›