Format: DVD|Change

on 28 March 2014
Just finished watching it on TV - can't wait for season 3.

If you've ever been in the Army you'll recognise many of the characters and the humour.

Best scene - newly appointed "Fire Safety Officer", L/Cpl Lansley (Simon) being told that shouting "Fire, Fire, Fire" was not a good idea in a base where everyone was carrying weapons.....
on 28 March 2014
Can't wait for the DVD . Superbly well written fantastic acting all with massive dolops of army humour.
The colonel does it for me every time. How can you be so aloof but so in touch at the same time.
Brilliant role on series 3
on 31 March 2014
With the new series scheduled to be filmed this autumn for screening in 2015, why do we have to wait till 27/3/15 for series 2 on DVD - far too long. This programme has the addiction level of Dr Who in our house - what more can I say! So will have to keep current series on the planner for re-watching until DVD appears.
on 18 July 2014
As a fan of Bluestone42 who loved the series I desperate to buy on DVD but its not out till March 2015 - a year after first airing!!!!!!! Bought the episodes of amazon instant video - first time buy - would recommend the episodes but not amazon instant video - only a few have sound and there is no apparent reason why some of the episodes wouldn't while others do - and no easy way to try and investigate the issue!!
on 11 July 2014
Since I missed it on the BBC, and it's not yet available on DVD, I had to download the episodes. I wish they'd release the DVD sooner...

I liked this season a lot more than the first, and I really enjoyed the addition of High Tower. It took me a while to place the actor who plays him; he looked so familiar... I still can't believe it's the same guy who played Neville Longbottom on Harry Potter! Lol

I just hope this DVD contains the Christmas special; I had anticipated it being included with the season one DVD. I hope there's a third season!
on 9 April 2015
After beeing "blown away" with laughter by the 1st season, I couldn't wait to get my hands on the 2nd Season of Bluestone 42 which by that time was a 10 month wait. And what a long frikkin 10 month they were! Painful, but I made it ( only by watching season 1 over and over again) and ... I was not disappointed by the 2nd season. Simply said: The show is just hilarious!

Of course I had to give it 5 stars but there are 2 thing which I'm a little bit disappointed about:
First: The second season is (unfortunately) 31 minutes shorter and there is only one DVD.
I thought the 1st season was some kind of "teaser" to see how it goes and the second season would kick it off!
Second: The picture quality of the DVD is very disappointing. It's grainy and pixelated. You could think that someone copied it of an old VCR...

I can only hope that they will release a Blu Ray for the show!

Nonetheless: this is a MUST HAVE!!!
on 4 April 2014
One of the best BBC series in years. Funny, but sad, at the same time. Looking forward to series three. Roll on 2015!
on 27 March 2014
Love Bluestone 42 Especially love Mary :) Cant Wait To Buy This ON DVD Wish They Would Bring It Out On Bluray :)
on 17 May 2015
I can't praise this comedy series enough; it's about a team of UK Army bomb disposal experts working in Afghanistan defusing Taliban bombs...full of swearing if you're offended, plus some attractive lady officers and realistic ambush scenes. Don't know if you could get away today with the team's attitude to their officers though, but it's highly realistic. Filmed in South Africa!
on 26 May 2015
Very funny. Some new faces. If you liked Series One you will like this. I have watched it several times and bought a second copy to sent to a friend in the US who served over here, who appreciates 'Brit' service humour and who says 'they probably would dare not do anything like this over there....well done the Brits'