5.0 out of 5 stars A Transcendent Return
Only one word will suffice here. Knockout. (I've been a fan since the
beginning so expect extreme bias here...!) 'Resurrection' is easily the
finest release of Anastacia's career so-far. There's a raw emotion
in the voice which time and again really does make the hair stand up
on the back of your neck. Always a great instrument, here it reaches...
Published 2 months ago by The Wolf

2.0 out of 5 stars Bait and Switch
I am one of her biggest fans and would have bought pretty much anything she put out but I was a bit disappointed with this album. I don't know if it was due to budget restraints or just poor judgment/management. We were promised by her personally a Sprock (Soul Pop and Rock) album but there is very little Rock and even less Pop and way too many ballads. I do feel Stupid...
Published 2 months ago by MusicLuvR

5.0 out of 5 stars A Transcendent Return, 5 May 2014
The Wolf (uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Only one word will suffice here. Knockout. (I've been a fan since the
beginning so expect extreme bias here...!) 'Resurrection' is easily the
finest release of Anastacia's career so-far. There's a raw emotion
in the voice which time and again really does make the hair stand up
on the back of your neck. Always a great instrument, here it reaches
for another level entirely. These are World-class performances.

There are ten tracks in the standard edition and every one's a gem.
There are few singers who can deliver a big, full-bodied rock
anthem with the energy and conviction of this lady and there are
some real corkers here! The dramatic opening song 'Staring At
The Sun' has Ms Newkirk ripping into it as though her life depended
on it (the power of her lower register had grown remarkably since we
last heard her on her 2012 album of covers 'It's A Man's World');
the tenderness and regret articulated in 'I Don't Want To Be The One'
clearly digs deep into something intensely personal but delivers a
universal punchline which anyone who has loved-and-lost will easily
connect with (have a box of Kleenex to hand!); so too the sublime
'Stay', arguably one of the finest vocal performances of her career
and a song which encapsulates her bravery and instinct for survival.

'Resurrection' is a transcendent display of strength, recovery and self-belief.

Essential.

5.0 out of 5 stars Anastacia back and it great form, 12 Jun 2014
This review is from: Resurrection (Audio CD)
I absolutely love this album. After the slight disappointment of Heavy Rotation she is back to her best. The old SPROCK sound is back, the songs are a great variety of tempos. The lyrics express so much. Her voice is outstanding. The songs leave you wanting more, in a good way, because there is no filler no extended parts. Particular highlights are Staring at the sun, Stupid little things and Broken wings. I thoroughly recommend this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the only artist that stirs me on a deeper level, 11 Jun 2014
This review is from: Resurrection (Audio CD)
The album is for the fans, to share in her journey, to feel the ups and downs and to connect to her emotinally. She feeds you her energy in through her lyrics and the raw vocals in all her albums and this is an enjoyable medium of her energy that so many of us feed of. Im convinced theres something almost magical walking this earth. I just hope and pray more of this comes in more albums. Thats all I care to see in my christmas stockin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Anastacia has returned with a stunning album., 8 Jun 2014
This review is from: Resurrection (Audio CD)
This is her best album for me personally. Initially I was a disappointed by the snippets because it sounded too ballad heavy but once I heard the whole album (deluxe edition is a must) my feelings changed. After a couple of listens, I understood that this album was her most personal and reflective album, some stunning lyrics and of course her one of a kind voice. The album has a number of uptempo's too which we all know she does so damn well, but this album has given her an opportunity to show off a different side of her talent. Highly recommended.

Oh and my favourite songs are: Stupid Little Things (great single), Lifeline, Evolution, Pendulum, Apology, Oncoming Train & Resurrection, although there is not one bad song on this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like a Phoenix rising from the ashes, Anastacia's back!, 6 May 2014
D. C. Stolk (The Netherlands) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Resurrection (Audio CD)
"Resurrection" is the sixth studio album by American singer-songwriter Anastacia, her first new studio record since "Heavy Rotation" (2008), but following chronically on her 2012 covers-album "It's A Man's World." The title of this new album refers to Anastacia's courageous reappearance after a period of physical and emotional pain, when she overcame breast cancer for a second time.

The power ballad "Staring At The Sun" is a great track to open this album, a hook-laden song propelled by her powerful and unique voice, followed by the slower, emotion-laden "Lifeline," before switching to the intense "Stupid Little Things," a very catchy pop anthem that is a true showcase for her immense vocal range and in which she belts in classic Anastacia style: "Now I know what love is worth in a broken world, But I can't get past the hurt, 'Til I give up on these stupid little things!"

Next is the tugging-at-the-heartstrings piano-ballad "I Don't Want To Be The One." The upbeat pop track "Evolution" is another album highlight, and you truly believe her when she sings: "It took everything to have to come this far." The somewhat bombastic "Pendulum" is another upbeat power-pop track. This is followed by the raw power ballad "Stay," in which she sings: "I'm not ready to go just yet, So I'm gonna stay," letting us know that she hopes for a bright future.

"I can see the light of day, Even through the rainy haze," she sings in "Dark White Girl," another upbeat pop song. This is followed by the beautiful piano-ballad "Apology," which is in turn ensued by regular album closer "Broken Wings," another album highlight and showcase for her fighting spirit. "Anyone would give up, but not me, not now," sings Anastacia in this ballad. "Even with broken wings I can do anything."

The deluxe version features 4 more outstanding songs: the rocker "Other Side Of Crazy," followed by the soulful piano-ballad "Oncoming Train" in which she sings: "Is it the light at the end of the tunnel, Is it the end of all my troubles... Or the light of another oncoming train." Next song "Resurrection" is another powerful and heart-wrenching piano-ballad in which she sings about "There's a new sun rising." And then there's "Left Outside Alone, Pt. 2," a bare-bones, piano-driven version of one of her most successful singles to date.

With "Resurrection," Anastacia not only makes a statement about her past battle with cancer, but also announces what should be her triumphant return to the radio and the charts in a big way, as there's not a weak track on this incredibly powerful, emotional and personal album. And although the album is a bit ballad-heavy, this is a triumphant return to her signature "sprock" sound (a hybrid of soul, pop and rock), with songs as only she can belt them out. It's great to have her back!

5.0 out of 5 stars Has Anastacia mellowed out., 20 May 2014
John Crooks (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Resurrection (Audio CD)
Mellowed is the key word here I would say. No crossover Dance/pop/rock but a more settled down woman after a rough time in her career health wise. Each song has a reflective feel dealing with pain, suffering, and anguish with the past events within the last few years, that have played there part and Anastacia reaction to those forces.

It is good to calm oneself down and take stock of life and the curve balls that pass you by. This album is still very focused as with earlier albums. Well maybe not with Its A Man's World, which seems to be a stop gap, Oh I'll do a covers album with a female twist, but does have some great versions on it.

So back to Resurrection, well I would define this as a statement album title. I had a good run in the music business then took a mighty fall. Tho bugger that I am a strong woman and I am staying on top of this situation, but on my on terms and a change of style for a bit to rest and recuperate from my life recently.

Anastacia reborn with this album and chilling for a bit with a cooling of period, but I am back tho on different terms of feelings and emotions. and I want to get them out of my system. All I can say your one very Brave LADY after stirring out the reaper and over coming those tough times, and I applaud you for your strength and telling others about it through your chosen media.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Album, 15 May 2014
This review is from: Resurrection (Audio CD)
As a massive Anastacia fan, I was very excited to here that despite her second battle with breast cancer, Anastacia was recording a new album. I will admit I was concerned at the previews, I thought there were way too many ballads. However since buying the album I've realised its an amazing album. My favourites include: Pendulum, Stupid Little Things, Underdog, Resurrection, Evolution, Staring At the Sun, Lifeline, Dark White Girl and Oncoming Train. The other songs are all growing on me as well. Only song I'm not sure about is Left Outside Alone Part 2.... not a fan of the arrangement, but it also has grown on me.

Overall, I love this album and I'm addicted already.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great music!, 6 May 2014
This review is from: Resurrection (Audio CD)
I really like this new Anastacia's cd, her voice is amazing but i think in this cd gets to new levels. Glad some people is still "doing music". I have been to two anastacia's concerts and boy shecan sing, all the songs in this cd are beautiful, the fact is full of ballads like some people complaint? About... dont know what is to complaint about but hey! Shows her voice, and they are "anastacia's ballads" meaning sang in her way. Love it!

4.0 out of 5 stars resurrection, 17 Jun 2014
This review is from: Resurrection (Audio CD)
I like listening to this cd and she has a lovely and strong voice as aslways. The more you listen to it the more you like it

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ! Anastacia at best!, 5 Jun 2014
This review is from: Resurrection (Audio CD)
Beautiful! Heart-felt truth in the words sang lovely album.
Catchy yet soulful with each song telling a tale. Loves it

Resurrection