5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, reliable, value.
This Three mobile dongle is reliable and fast, and the Three network seems to have far better coverage than O2 or Orange.

It has never once failed to connect, nor dropped from 3G to GPRS as other dongles can do. Set up is easy too - you literally just push it into a USB slot and a few seconds later, you're online. And no need to register if you don't want to!
Published 6 months ago by G-Man

1.0 out of 5 stars Three all mouth and no trousers again
Published 2 months ago by Benzedrine Cucumberpatch

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, reliable, value., 15 Nov. 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Three all mouth and no trousers again, 5 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Three ZTE MF730M Ready To Go Mobile Broadband Dongle with 3GB Preloaded Data (Accessory)
I have to agree with another reviewer that the support service offered by Three regarding this item is terrible. The main problem that I am having with it is topping up online after reaching zero credit. Three so degrade the connection speed when you have zero credit that it just takes forever to do this. We're talking about 3-4 minutes to load in a single page with about half a dozen pages to navigate through to complete the process. And if the connection to the Visa verification site is slow, you might just as well go and make yourself a cup of tea and a sandwich and read the paper. It is horribly frustrating. Three refer to this feature of their online service as 'instant top up'. It is not.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great product- frustrated with poor service., 3 Sept. 2014
Let me say first that the product itself is excellent. Set-up and use, no problems. However, I cannot say the same for 3. Each month I need to pay for another month's usage. OK. But whenever I try to pay, the 3 network cannot connect to visa to validate my card. Each month I have to wait about a week before I am able to buy my next month's allowance. This means that each month I have no internet connection for a week. This happens every month without fail, and has now been going on for two years. Frustrating isn't the word for this poor service.
It should be said that I have been using a credit card on the internet since 2005 and I have never had this problem with any other site. Given the 3 is supposed to be an IT company- this is a bit crap.
So be warned. However good the product may be, it is worthless if 3 can't provide a proper service.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. It connects very quickly and I get good ..., 31 Oct. 2014
Excellent. It connects very quickly and I get good reception where I live. I don't use the internet much, only for e-mail, paying bills and buying items on-line. If you use sites like You-Tube then your 12gb allowance will soon disappear, this is mainly for minimal use if you want it to last 12 months.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use., 14 Sept. 2014
Works well in the area I live and has been working whilst out in camper van.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. Quick connection, works with Linux, 21 Feb. 2015
The set-up was very easy. I put the supplied SIM card in the dongle, plugged it into a laptop running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (64 bit) and after a few seconds I was online. No installation of software or configuration was required. The same with a Samsung Chromebook (ARM). It also worked when plugged into a Raspberry PI 2 Model B but required a few simple commands.
There is a built in web interface on 192.168.0.1 where you can see the status and usage.

The speed you get depends on the coverage and performance of the Three network where you are. I tested it in a rural area and the speed varies a lot. I got about 3Mbps (daytime) and 14Mbps (late evening) download speed. I recommended using the coverage checker on www.three.co.uk before purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 15 Sept. 2014
It works great if you have good signal

3.0 out of 5 stars But when I used this on my personal laptop with normal AVG security that the average person would have - it worked great!, 19 Jan. 2015
I had to use this when working from home over a tight-security network, so it would regularly disconnect and reconnect which was frustrating. But when I used this on my personal laptop with normal AVG security that the average person would have - it worked great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excllent product! Works perfectly every time, 19 Sept. 2014
L. Tonge "tcvs" (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
Great for the price! Worked well out in the sticks in Somerset and is simple to setup and use!

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 26 Sept. 2014
It works in some areas but not at my flat.