Platform: PlayStation 3|Edition: Standard|Change

on 26 October 2014
My daughters love this. They have so many other games like the Lego series but this by far is their favourite. Fantastic creative game for girls and boys. I've purchased the books also as they expand the skills of play to the game.
on 13 January 2015
Personally I don't enjoy this game but then I didn't get it for me. My ten year old son has been playing the pc version for a few years now and I recently found that he'd been playing the demo version of it on the PS3 for about a year. He loves it so I thought I'd get him the full game. This copy is actually five quid cheaper than the one at the local supermarket and this was delivered free. If your kid gets this he or she will have hours of pleasure from it and by playing online with friends will get to develop their social skills by the collaborative effort to build whatever appeals to them and at a fraction of the cost of all those other games about killing people and blowing stuff up. I can't recommend this highly enough.
on 9 February 2015
Being something of a Veteran of this game now I can say that it never looses its appeal.
I wont bother talking about the game cause if you don't already know I doubt you'd come here for that info.

The port from pc to console is a great one, with up to 4 player split screen multiplayer and more online. This does require it to be in HD for some reason.

I personally have this version, the PC version, the Xbox 360 Version and the PS Vita version. Might seem a bit much but with randomly generated worlds and the game still being updated with new features it is definately worth your time.

Also this game retails at a lower price than most if you need another incentive.
Minecraft is an amazing game that will give you 100's hours of entertainment. My daughter was into Minecraft for a while playing it on the PC version before it came out on the Xbox 360. Once it came out on the Xbox 360 we bought it and play every weekend for hours on end. It's a great way to hang out with your kids and create some amazing creations. When I was a kid it was sitting on the floor playing with LEGO's not its Minecraft. It's not just mindless game play, many times my daughter and I drew out on paper what we wanted to make before creating it within the game. The game is only limited by your imgination.

The game has had some great upgrade to it, to include allowing to tame ocelots(they tame into cats) and wolves (they tame into a dogs). The game is super fun and Minecraft would be a great Christmas gift for kids and adults alike. I enjoy this game and would definitely recommend it.

Thank you for reading my review, if you have any questions feel free to email me, I would be happy to help you with any questions you have.
on 2 January 2015
Great game, love the creative mode. A good game for both adults and children. Great for creativity , if you've always wanted to build your own house, castle, windmill.....the possibilities are endless, now is your chance (virtually at least). Even as an adult i enjoy it, it's fun to explore caves, start your own farm and explore the different terrains. The controls are easy to master and if you'd rather not have any combat you can just set it up in peaceful mode and build happily without any interruptions. Only drawback is that it's quite addictive - hours just seem to fly by while playing.
on 24 October 2015
Definitely one of the greatest multiplayer coop games ever created.
The disc edition is absolutely amazing, as you get a physical copy of the game; however it has little 3 flaws. No hard drive installation, which means the disc is going to be spinning the whole time making noise for no reason. It doesn't include a code to download the Vita Edition (the Vita Edition includes a PS3 code). And the version included on the disc is a bit dated, so expect to download quite a few patches.
Other than that, is Minecraft!
on 13 December 2014
Son has done nothing but play this since he got it, had to go purchase the books and other minecraft things for him, great price for a ps3 game
on 30 June 2014
This game doesn't look much but it is so addictive that I have let myself and my home go to the dogs while it swallows my soul. Get it now!!!
on 9 December 2014
The other half plays this and says that it is one of the best games ever made. It has lots more content than the free versions, much much more and well worth the price. It is cheaper here than in the stalls and you will get all the updates with new content through the PSN for free which some version's like the Ipad don't let you do.

Definitely get this if you are a console player and aren't worried about modding, if you don't know what modding is then PS3 is the best way to go
on 3 December 2014
My special needs child loves watching Minecraft on You tube so the game was bought for him as a surprise Christmas present