5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent conversion from PC to PS3
This game appears to have translated almost flawlessly from the PC to video games system platform. In fact I even considered purchasing an Xbox in order to play this.

This is the first game I have pre-ordered since GTA V last year. Just couldn't say no to this price.

Published 7 months ago by James.C (& Sally)

3.0 out of 5 stars I obviously DO NOT get it(as an adult) but it ...
I obviously DO NOT get it(as an adult) but it was bought for my 6.5 year old son who seems pleased
Published 15 days ago by Greg

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent conversion from PC to PS3, 16 May 2014
This review is from: Minecraft (PS3) (Video Game)

Although some Minecraft frequenters have niggles about certain sound effects not appearing, there really isn't too much too complain about. The crafting has also been made easier and the crafting box also informs of you of the required tools/resources needed to produce the said tool/consumable. Online play unfortunately has something left to be desired and I am unable to lock doors/chests which is a downright pity, it's still very good. But if you're playing offline it's a near flawless experience.

If you loved it on the PC needless to say you'll love it on PS3/Xbox 360 too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Minecraft PS3 Review!, 29 May 2014
MrE (E Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Minecraft (PS3) (Video Game)
A game which has something for everyone and offers hundreds of hours of endless fun. The possibilities of what you can excavate or create are endless, everything from castles and towns to huge underground caves are waiting to be built... All that it requires is your imagination! There are two modes, survival where by you must find what you need to build what you want and creative mode where everything is available at your finger tips. Different worlds can be created too, from flat maps to forests and caves waiting to be found so the combinations that can be had are unreal. Maps are full of creatures like cows and other animals such as wolves but beware at night as the monsters come out such as zombies and spiders.

For me though this game is as its best when played with friends, invite them in to your world and create something spectacular together and remember it can be anything you want. Sure the graphics may not be the best but that misses the point of this game, in fact the more you get into it and realise the size and depth of the game the more you realise the graphics aren't that bad and in fact add a different take on what we've all come to expect from games, for example seeing everything in blocks is hilarious and the fact you can ride a pig with a saddle I would argue can't be eclipsed. Also there are many graphics packs that can be bough for under £1 each and they really have an impressive impact on the game. I highly Recommend the Plastic pack as it does take that rough look away.

PROS: insane fun * broaden your mind as the possibilities are endless * for what's on offer this is probably one of the best value for money games out there.

CONS: you do require patience especially in survival mode * it can take away your social life (its that addictive) * beware of the price fluctuating as it can be bought direct thought the Playstation Store as a digital download for around £12.

VERDICT: a truly brilliant game that can be epically fun, invite your friends and it takes it to the next level. Open your mind and dream the impossible, in this game you are allowed to break the rules!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars My kids love it. All I hear is in Minecraft this ..., 6 Oct 2014
This review is from: Minecraft (PS3) (Video Game)
My kids love it. All I hear is in Minecraft this and Minecraft that. Great creative game for my 7 year old half the time I don't know what he was talking about when he mentions Enderman and Zombie-Pig-Men so it was an education for me watching him play through it. In the basic mode you can do just about everything from finding raw materials, to building whatever you need and mixing potions, and adopting wolves and so much more. There are other modes like survival where the game is more structured. It can be played on and offline, whether you want other people visiting your created world or not. You can play split screen 2 player even offline with 2 controllers (it does cut down arguments on whose turn it is). I have not played the PC version but I have heard this is a great conversion. It will keep kids entertained for hours; the only argument will be when they have to come off it. BE PREPARED. Also be prepared to learn the terminology know more about what they did here then what they did at school.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best buy ever., 13 Nov 2014
This review is from: Minecraft (PS3) (Video Game)
Best game I could ever have bought my 8 year old son. He's a proper Minecraft enthusiast and he is so good at building houses on it and stuff that he has now decided that he wants to be an architect when he grows up :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent game, 8 Aug 2014
This review is from: Minecraft (PS3) (Video Game)
My kids love this and play it often. They play it nicely together, (until one decides to blow the other's house up), and it keeps them quiet for ages. The music is really soothing and there is minimal noise. My kids love making really tall buildings and fancy places for their animals.

Such a nice change from the usual loud fighting, driving games.

5.0 out of 5 stars Minecraft is an amazing game that is only limited by your imagination, 28 Sep 2014
Christopher J. Cowen (Glenville, PA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Minecraft (PS3) (Video Game)
Minecraft is an amazing game that will give you 100's hours of entertainment. My daughter was into Minecraft for a while playing it on the PC version before it came out on the Xbox 360. Once it came out on the Xbox 360 we bought it and play every weekend for hours on end. It's a great way to hang out with your kids and create some amazing creations. When I was a kid it was sitting on the floor playing with LEGO's not its Minecraft. It's not just mindless game play, many times my daughter and I drew out on paper what we wanted to make before creating it within the game. The game is only limited by your imgination.

The game has had some great upgrade to it, to include allowing to tame ocelots(they tame into cats) and wolves (they tame into a dogs). The game is super fun and Minecraft would be a great Christmas gift for kids and adults alike. I enjoy this game and would definitely recommend it.

Thank you for reading my review, if you have any questions feel free to email me, I would be happy to help you with any questions you have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with purchase, 22 Aug 2014
This review is from: Minecraft (PS3) (Video Game)
My 13 year old son wanted this so that he could play on his own or play with his friends. As I hardly see him these days and he describes in detail at mealtimes what improvements he has made to his layout on the game I believe that he is very happy with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic game!, 1 Jun 2014
This review is from: Minecraft (PS3) (Video Game)
Bought it for my 6 year old boy. He can't stop playing it. And I am drawn into it as well. Endless possibilities. No rules.
Just your imagination. Very easy to control. Classic game.
Very much recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of fun for daughters and sons alike!, 26 Oct 2014
This review is from: Minecraft (PS3) (Video Game)
My daughters love this. They have so many other games like the Lego series but this by far is their favourite. Fantastic creative game for girls and boys. I've purchased the books also as they expand the skills of play to the game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014
This review is from: Minecraft (PS3) (Video Game)
I dont play it, but my 8 year old tell's me it is 'Epic'!

Minecraft (PS3)
Minecraft (PS3) by Sony (PlayStation 3)