Format: MP3 DownloadChange
Price:£4.99

on 29 April 2014
This album certainly doesn't ring reminiscent of her Distillers days but if you have kept up with Brody beyond the break up of the band, you will know that she has changed more than just her vocal style since Sing Sing Death House.
Thankfully she hasn't totally abandoned her raspy screams and offers more of the straight up rock elements from Coral Fang on her latest release.

If you enjoyed the short lived Spinnerette then Diploid Love should still be enjoyable for you. Although this album is much more versatile musically and at times vocally, it lacks the big band, confident elements of Spinnerette.
The only criticism is that the album doesn't feel like it's had it's big moment. You wait for that real showstopper and sadly it never comes. With that being said every song is credible of an 8/10, it's purely that the album doesn't feel like it has a defining moment.

As her live performance still consists of Distillers material and the odd Spinnerette song, that combination largely illustrates the music of the album, although, songs such as Dressed in Dreams and I Don't Need Your Love are something I could never imagine Brody Dalle associated with. Mariatchi trumpets, eighties synth and even minimal krautrock are all on there.
There is no doubt it's a dark album, but it's positive moments shine through and ultimately define the tone.
on 20 October 2014
I love Brody Dalle and have always understand that music changes over time - especially with Brody Dalle and her ever growing maturity with music and love. With that I am currently waiting on my own love for this album to grow... I'm not quite there yet - don't get me wrong, a few songs are very catchy - but it might take a few more listens to make me love it. As yet I still prefer listening to the Spinerrette album (if we are discounting the obviousness awesomeness of The Distillers). I hope Brody Dalle keeps on making music - her uniqueness and grit is addictive.
on 23 June 2014
I love Brody Dalle but I had much higher hopes for this album based on her previous work - prefered Spinerette to the solo stuff.
But saying that there are a couple of killer tracks on here!
on 1 June 2014
This is not Distillers, Spinnerette or 'a bit like QOTSA'....this is Brody Dalle in the here and now. Lyrical as ever, that brilliant voice matured, unexpected little bits and totally danceable.
on 9 July 2014
Good variety of punchy punk songs and more melodic grungy tracks.You can definitely see the influence from Josh Homme. A more grown up Brody but definitely worth a listen.
on 7 May 2014
Quite different from the distillers which is a good thing of course, variety etc. It took me a few listens to get into Brodys new sound but am now loving the album.
on 20 October 2014
Brody Dale is no new comer to the music world, but what ever she does she never fails, and here again she proves she is one of the best. buy it.
on 3 June 2014
This is one epic, raw, brutally honest and amazing album .
I would recommend this record to anyone who hasn't heard of this talented woman.
on 26 July 2014
A bit more "poppy" than her Distillers stuff but still very good with some very catchy tunes.You can still tell it's definately Brody!
on 29 June 2014
Bought this album because I liked the track 'Meet the Foetus/Oh the Joy'. The hole album is really entertaining and worth the buy. Brilliant!