5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic read once again...
Published 8 months ago by Petra just a girl who loves to...

3.0 out of 5 stars Felt a little boring in places
Have read all the books in this series, this being the latest one. Not the strongest story line. The base characters who run through all the previous books were very bland in this one. Felt a little boring in places.
Published 8 months ago by Willow Quest

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic read once again..., 14 Sept. 2014
Petra just a girl who loves to read... "book ... (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Some Lucky Day: Beach View Boarding House 7 (Kindle Edition)
Some Lucky Day written by Ellie Dean is another wonderful read by a very talented author. This is the seventh book in this captivating series and once again Ellie Dean brings us into the lives of Peggy Reilly and her wonderful family even those who are of no relation whatsoever but that does not matter to Peggy as for her home and heart is there to be filled with those who need a helping hand.
The series of books always have one main character and in this book she is the very brave and talented especially when it comes to flying planes and she is Kitty Pargeter.
Kitty is a lovely character who is originally from Argentina, she has been educated in England and along with her best friend Charlotte we first meet them receiving a rather loud lecture as they were flying planes under the Severn Bridge which is a good indicator of what sort of girls Kitty and Charlotte are. Charlotte has been Kitty's best friend from their early school days and soon they are to be related as Charlotte is engaged to Freddie Kitty's brother. Freddie and his best friend Roger are also main characters in this book.
Why I love this series is mainly because I love the characters and I especially like how the author Ellie Dean lets me as a reader get to know them throughout the series. From the loveable rogue Ron to the dear Mrs Finch who everyone loves and treats her like she is their own personal Grandmother, not forgetting Harvey the dog and even Harvey has his own love story to tell!!
The story is indeed based on Kitty and how she meets Peggy and Peggy spreads her love and friendship even further, as always we miss nothing of the Reilly family and their many sacrifices for the war.
Once again the book is based on the era of the Second World War and I loved how the author Ellie Dean used historical facts throughout the book. Within this book the sacrifices of the Canadian army was made known and through Kitty I had a brief glimpse into the lives of the girls in the A.T.A. (Air Transport Auxiliary).
I am happy to recommend this brilliant book to anyone like myself who not only likes historical fiction but fiction which is made real through wonderful writing which is brought to us by Ellie Dean and her gift of storytelling.

5.0 out of 5 stars latest book in collection book no 7, 14 Aug. 2014
ordered before publishing day but arrived on exact day of publishing cant wait to start reading this exciting story of Beach View Boarding House.

5.0 out of 5 stars Some Lucky Day, 29 Mar. 2015
Enjoyed this book About an At a Girl Kitty going
Through the war. At least she survived the crash
In the aeroplane she was transporting to another
Air base. She was lucky to survive. And although
She lost part of her leg. She did well. And was
A very down to earth tale during the war years
It was lovely to read. Lots going on in it. And
At times couldn't put it down . Had to find out
How Freddy got on .kitty's Brother but lucky for
Him he survived his crash over Germany. And
Managed to get back to Britain. All the girls with
Peggy at Bay view were very good for her. And
Loved Ron and his dog Harvey. He sounded such
A character. And every one got on well with everybody. Well kitty went to live at Bay view
Thanks to Peggy. And Kitty met her Brothers
Friend and successfully married and got her
Artificial leg in the end. Very good book
Homely and seemed like you were living part
Of it with them. I always seem to get in and.
Live the part of it. With these people within
It seems real though i know it's not. But they
Seem real .while reading about there lives during
The read of this book. Really nice book enjoyed
It very much..Thanks Ellie Dean read a few of
Your books .And have enjoyed them .Very homely. Peggy makes the Great Land lady.
Or landlord. If Bay view. Thanks enjoyed this
Book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Series, 21 Oct. 2014
I wasn't aware of this Beach View Boarding house series by Ellie Dean until a few weeks ago, when I believe I came across the 1st book in the saga as a Kindle Daily Deal and thought I'd give it a try... Since then I have devoured all 7 books in the series, Some Lucky Day being the most recent, and they just keep getting better and better!

Centered around a boarding house in the seaside town of Cliffehaven during the years of World War II, this wonderful series brings a cast of characters to life - mother-hen Peggy, her mischievous old rogue of a father-in-law, Ron, sweet little Cordelia Finch, the rambunctious family dog Harvey... From the 1st book in the series, I honestly felt immediate affection for these people and I have very much enjoyed every moment of each book so far. They are easy to read, without compromising the quality of writing and I'd definitely recommend them, especially if historical/WWII fiction is your thing.

My only complaint is that (according to the authors website) now I have to wait until the New Year for the next instalment of this touching, enjoyable saga!

4.0 out of 5 stars Ellie Dean, always a good reliable read, 31 Mar. 2015
read-along-with-sue "sue" (uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Some Lucky Day

This book takes me back to the kind of books I read years ago, they were the only sort of books I read years ago, and now and again its nice to come back to them. They are solid, reliable, and you know you are in for a good read because you have been reading their books for years. Ellie Dean is such an author.

I love how she brings real feeling into her characters and this one is no exception.

This is back in 2nd world war time. Kitty Pargeter is a pilot.

She has to crashland and inflicts terrible injuries where she has to come to terms with she may never fly again.

Added to this, she has been told her brother has been shot.

Its a family at war, its a struggle and with emotional pain and then recovery.

Great read

I would like to thank Random House UK, Cornerstone for my copy to read and review

4.0 out of 5 stars I love these BUT I have just one negative comment, 17 Aug. 2014
C. Andrew (UK) - See all my reviews
I have now read all 7 of the Beach View books.

I love these BUT I have just one negative comment. In all these books the author seems obsessed with smoking. I know during the war most people smoked and I understand it being mentioned from time to time but in these books barely a page goes by without someone lighting a cigarette, smoking a cigarette or putting out a cigarette. I am sure this is not necessary and adds nothing to the story. Please Ellie leave some of this out in future. It is as bad as cigarette advertising.

5.0 out of 5 stars none better. So easy on the eye and brain, 21 Aug. 2014
Despite being male.. I have read all of the "Boarding House" series by Ellie Dean. The tales are so enjoyable.. the characters become part of your life. In many years of reading, I find these books superb.. none better. So easy on the eye and brain... Ellie has a great skill as a storyteller. Absolutely gripping stuff. I would thoroughly recommend to anyone who loves a really good read.. whether female or male. A series of books you are unable to put down.. when is the next one due... ??

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Book!, 5 Sept. 2014
M. E. Newell (Georgia, United States) - See all my reviews
Kitty Pargeter is doing her part for her native land as a member of the ATA. But after being injured a bad crash she is need of a place to stay, but thanks to kind hearted Peggy Reilly she taken into the Beach View where she is able to heal and start her life over.
"Some Lucky Day (Beach View Boarding House #7) by Ellie Dean is a great book! I read it two days and I wished that it lasted longer. The storyline and characters were great! I can't wait for book 8 to come out!

5.0 out of 5 stars I absolutely loved this book and it was a real page turner, 19 Sept. 2014
Wow Ellie you've done it again. I absolutely loved this book and it was a real page turner. I've enjoyed all her books on Beach View Boarding House!!!! The telling of the different life experiences of each of her lodgers has kept me interested, and the humour of Ron and Cordelia her elderly lodger (who's like the Grandma of the household) is on its own worth reading her books for. Please let's have more I'm sure I will never get fed up of the latest escapades of Beach View!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars AS GOOD AS EVER, 16 Aug. 2014
WAS WORTH THE WAIT AND LOVELY TO BE BACK IN THE COMPANY OF PEGGY,FAMILY AND BOARDERS.ENJOYED THE NEW CHARACTERS ESPECIALLY THE GUTSY KITTY,WAS ALSO GLAD THAT RUBY REAPPEARED.WOULD HAVE LIKED JIM TO FEATURE MORE BUT GUESS THATS FOR NEXT BOOK,AT LEAST LOVABLE RON AND HARVEY WERE MENTIONED OFTEN ALONG WITH MRS FINCH AND HER FUNNY HARD OF HEARING MISUNDERSTANDINGS.ALTOGETHER LOVELY CANNOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT INSTALLMENT OF CLIFFHAVEN LIFE.