5.0 out of 5 stars At last!
Published on 23 Aug. 2010 by RBond

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Good for kids( and adults)
Published 6 months ago by joeRo

5.0 out of 5 stars At last!, 23 Aug. 2010
I have been looking for a book like this to help me do maths homework with my son for ages. This one is PERFECT! It is so easy to understand.... quite chatty and informal. It really makes you believe that maths doesn't have to be scary or something that you can't enjoy. The most important thing, I think, is that it explains how maths is taught NOW which has changed in many ways from when I was at school. My son uses number squares and number lines and talks about numeracy not maths. It's a new world and one that I am so glad someone is able to explain. I would highly, highly recommend this book to anyone with primary aged kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars very very very good, 14 Dec. 2010
I borrowed this book from Guildford library in September and have renewed it every three weeks since. It is now December and someone else wants it so I have to take it back. Not before buying my own copy, however. Naomi writes in elegant, clear yet informal English and effortlessly takes the reader through the four operations and decimals percentages and fractions. She explains succinctly and at a decent pace. She should write another book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great help..., 19 Nov. 2011
Mr. Jon Barr "JonBarr" (Bristol, England) - See all my reviews
As a primary headteacher I heartly recommend this book. We are currently selling the book to families at our school. It has been very well received and I believe it will significantly help our parents to support their children's mathematics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book - easy to read and understand, 6 Aug. 2010
Great book. It's easy to read, understand and then put into practice with your children. I have a phobia of maths but this has given me the confidence to ensure my children aren't scared by maths and hopefully they'll find it fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 6 Aug. 2010
How did I cope before this book? , its been a huge break though for both my daughter and I - it all suddenly makes sense - we no longer dread maths homework!

4.0 out of 5 stars ., 21 Dec. 2013
I ordered this as I couldn't find a suitable equivalent for my 10 year old as I can do maths but he struggles and I am no teacher. First impressions good, it seems to cover all the key areas and I am hoping it will be straight forward enough for him to follow by himself. I cross-reference with the book when I am explaining something to ensure that I am using the equivalent language and techniques they use in school so as not to confuse him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 13 Nov. 2010
I enjoyed Maths at school but things have changed and I had forgotten lots. This book has been wonderful; helping me help my son - what an excellent book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maths tuition book, 3 Dec. 2012
Just what I wanted. The book repeats information every time it is needed to understand the next topic. It was just the right level for me to feel that I understand how and why my grandchildren are being taught the maths in the way they are. My starting point is that I was reasonable at maths, I passed O level but that was 40 years ago. I actually enjoyed reading the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 22 April 2012
I bought this book for two reasons: I wanted to help my yr 5 son with his homework and I wanted to feel more confidant in the yr two class in which I have been volunteering. I cannot stress enough what a fantastic book this has proved to be. Like the vast majority of folk in the UK, I was quite happy to say, "I'm no good at maths", and to be honest my own GCSE maths result wouldn't argue with that comment! However, I knew that, having lost confidance back in junior school, I had just given up in secondary school and had just consigned maths as being, 'not for me'. I can honestly say that this book has made me realise that I was wrong. I am learning maths properly now, and as I had actually forgotten most of the 'old school' methods, any new methods in this book aren't a stumbling block to me. Also, most paths lead back to the 'old school methods' eventually anyway, just tweaked some. So, I am learning and enjoying the subject (wow!) and my son is going to benefit from my new enthusiasm. The author has set the book out very helpfully and has used a nice clear friendly style. Each time I've thought, 'but what about that...' it has been addressed in the next paragraph. Don't hesitate, if you need maths help, just buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A good quality book, 19 Sept. 2014
A good quality book, I just need to clear my head and sit down with it. It seems to be well set out. I don't like maths so time will tell if this helps me or not. It's worth a try! Good price, prompt delivery.