5.0 out of 5 stars Great
Another great book from Iain Rob Wright. You don't need to have read Ravage to enjoy this however I would recommend it as a couple of the characters are in this new novel. Plus, it gives you the background of how the world suddenly came to ruin.

Published 14 months ago by Minimoo

2.0 out of 5 stars Too much
I like this series, but this went overboard.I love the action and the Gore, but sometimes the talking felt childlike,and some scenes were just too far fetched.
Published 13 months ago by Mw

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 9 May 2014
This review is from: Savage: An Apocalyptic Horror Novel (Kindle Edition)

The characters are again believable and likeable though I'm not totally sure why Roman alternates between olde worlde chat to gangsta :-) maybe just to prove the point he's not like he was before the apocalypse? Who knows!

I hope that Iain writes more books about this particular group of survivors as I think there's much more just waiting to be discovered about them. It'll also be interesting to see if those outside this group learn how the apocalypse came about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely top notch!, 20 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Savage: An Apocalyptic Horror Novel (Kindle Edition)
This is the follow up to the brilliant Ravage (you can read this as a stand alone novel but treat yourself and get Ravage as well)
Iain has once again raised the bar and produced another brilliant Horror/ Thriller. There are zombies, but i feel they are secondary in this superb character based horror about groups of survivors from the first novel and new characters to love and hate.
There are references to his other works, but the thrills and spills come quick and fast, expect a few shocks and as always an engrossing story from an author who is fast becoming the best in his genre!
The story is set on a pier where a group of survivors have made their home, outside the threat of the dead but the biggest threat is coming from the sea, and as always in life its humans who prove to be the most evil and not as you would expect the zombies.
Iain thank you for yet another great read and taking me on a totally different route to which i expected.
Great book, loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great follow up, 26 May 2014
This review is from: Savage: An Apocalyptic Horror Novel (Kindle Edition)
You have to love Iain's style of writing and I like the way he mixes it up. His characters are a mixed bunch and I have a feeling it's as if the writer bases some do them on people he knows, which isn't a bad thing as it creates that realism.

Having spoken to Iain via Twitter, he mentioned that he may take a break from the zombie genre and write about something else. I encourage all of those that read and enjoy his stories to mention this in there reviews and maybe he will write more,

Great read, and I recommend Ravage too. Either book can be read first as the stories do not cross.

5.0 out of 5 stars A trip to the seaside with a difference! Fantastic read!, 7 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Savage: An Apocalyptic Horror Novel (Kindle Edition)
I have just read Ravage the preceding book to this one but you can still jump straight in and read this book without having to know what happened before. Although Im really happy to see Anna and Rene again I would have loved to have known how they got here and what happened to the rest of the group they were with.

According to other reviewers this book has the highest overlap of characters from other books which makes it quite exciting as you really get to know the characters.

I love the group on the pier, its a good mix of different people and Ive really taken to Poppy a typical headstrong young girl latching onto Garfield; a tough ginger headed guy whose not afraid to take charge and head off with the foraging parties. He also has a huge soft spot for Poppy after saving her life. Garfield is a likable, believable guy and your rooting for him throughout this read with brilliant character development from Iain again.

One of the foraging missions will cause trouble however as they return with a wounded; but wanted man that has escaped from a large powerful group out at sea. The psychotic power hungry boss of this group Samuel Raymeady decides that their refusal to just hand him over means war; resulting in catastrophic results to the closely knit group on the pier. A furious Anna and Rene take matters in their own hands and go to face him....never a good move!

Roman/Damian (from Final Winter) works for Samuel and is another force to be reckoned with but whose side is he on?

This book proves its not always the zombies you need to look out for and there is more about the sour end of human nature than about the zombies in this book with Sally and Samuel around.

A good author is never scared to kill off favorite characters and there are some shocking and sad moments throughout this read.

I have to say, we as the reader feel everything through the authors highly descriptive text and it feels that we are right there next to that character; good or bad. So with sadness comes some good with another fantastic ending and another highly recommended read!

*I was kindly sent a copy for this review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another masterpiece from this great author., 9 Jan. 2015
L. Osburn "Smokie4EVA" (Marsden, West Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Savage: An Apocalyptic Horror Novel (Kindle Edition)
Not realising that this technically follows on from 'Ravage' none the less I jumped right into this book and was hooked from the start. What can i say except that Iain has once again grabbed my attention and kept hold of it for the entire book, which I read in just two nights and only because I couldn't stay awake long enough to read anymore on that first night :)

We meet a group of survivors who are banding together after the world comes crashing down around them (details of that are found in Ravage). So far they're doing well...keeping the dead at bay and living a sort of semi normal life - but rapidly that changes as new characters are introduced which will make you cringe and lose faith in humanity at times. We are reintroduced to 'Sam' from the book of the same name, but now as an adult intent on world domination.

You can't help but bond with this particular group of survivors and there are many tears by the books end. I can highly recommend this book as Iain shows his literary talent and takes you along for the ride of your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Zombie Gore, 21 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Savage: An Apocalyptic Horror Novel (Kindle Edition)
I love Zombie Books and this is one of my favourites. I love the characters and the story was really good and you feel yourself rooting for them to survive!! I have read all Iain Rob Wrights books and this was the best one. Hope he does more in the future, LOTS more PLEASE.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too much, 3 Jun. 2014
Mw "jenwin" (northern ireland) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 27 July 2014
This review is from: Savage: An Apocalyptic Horror Novel (Kindle Edition)
I don't normally read books from the Horror genre but felt like something different and this was on offer so I gave it a go!

Anyway, so glad I did. To me the sign of a good book is one that I read in a couple of days, which is exactly what happened with this one.

I would describe it as an easy to read page turner. It was well written, fast paced with a few twists and turns along the way. I was even moved to tears in an unexpected twist in the story! I was also pleasantly surprised that the 'horror' scenes described in the book weren't that gruesome.

I also loved that this was set in the local area, and can totally see how the beach in question might inspire a post apocalyptic view of the world.

So yes, a great, easy read. Ideal for taking on holiday!

4.0 out of 5 stars Walking dead UK style., 29 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Savage: An Apocalyptic Horror Novel (Kindle Edition)
solidly written with good characters. for me this author's version of zombies is the most believable, many stories have them as seekers, running climbing, thinking.... You find yourself thinking that you wish the authors would learn a little more about biology and the processes of decomposition. but Mr Wright seems to have done so which in of itself is refreshing. well done sir a worthy read

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book again from Rob!, 4 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Savage: An Apocalyptic Horror Novel (Kindle Edition)
I have read every single book you have written now, I'm a massive fan. :-) keep up the good work your writing is original and captivating, I'm very impressed! I recommended these books to anyone who likes a bit of horror. Can not put them down once you start. it's very clever how you use the characters from previous books in these books. very happy reader!! :-) thank you x

Savage: An Apocalyptic Horror Novel