5.0 out of 5 stars totaly fantastic, 3 April 2014
Mr. C. E. T. Sturdy "Darthtidgit" (United kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Carnival Flower [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
My son introduced me to this fab band when he saw them play in West wales, great rhythm and beat and Natalia tena's voice is sublime!

4.0 out of 5 stars Growing on me, but so far have to say I preferred their earlier work, 25 May 2014
Nicholas J. R. Dougan "Nick Dougan" (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Carnival Flower [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
I’m sure I’m not the only chap to have come across Molotov Jukebox via Natalie Tena’s first interview on “Thronecast” to talk about her role as Osha on Game of Thrones, after which the band performed “Laid to rest”. From that I soon found the rest of their early work on YouTube, and before I knew it I was pledging £15 so that they could produce their first CD.

My initial response, I have to admit, as one of disappointment, but this album has been slowly growing on me. I do hope that they will produce videos of all of these songs in due course, as the videos of their earlier work, not so far as I can tell actually committed to a single CD, were very entertaining. So far only Neon Lights (which talks of a Carnival Flower, and this gives its name to the album) has been filmed – with Oona Chaplin in the title role, another Game of Thrones actress of course – and a much darker song than the earlier ones. In fact, the whole album seems darker, although this may simply be the combination of (a) I haven’t got my ear around all of the lyrics yet and (b) the initial songs were quite dark themselves, it was just the videos’ humour that lightened them.

For me the plusses of this album are that Natalie Tena’s accordion music are much more prominent, and I love her Spanish lyrics in several of the songs. The band’s trade mark “gypstep” style is clear, too – and it is growing on me. The thing I like less – in fact it grates on me each time – is Tena’s adoption of a mockney accent in some of the songs. It works for Lilly Allen – in fact there may be no “mock” about that...but why Anglo-Spanish public school girl Natalie feels the need to do this is beyond me.

Minor point though. If you don’t know Molotov Jukebox yet, check them out and buy the album. I hope that the lovely Ms Tena can make it to the top both in acting and in music.

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT., 30 May 2014
This review is from: Carnival Flower [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
I love this album and it's been on repeat for the last two days since I bought it. It's brilliant and, as always with Molotov Jukebox, makes me want to learn to dance so that I don't just look like a weirdo wiggling around my house...
Great album, and hopefully there'll be more in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Summer on a disc, 25 April 2014
Miss M. H. Ellis "WriterGrrrl" (Barnsley, S Yorks UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Carnival Flower [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
I will be educating many peoples musical taste with this album at BBQ's this summer. Strong from start to finish and I dare you to one listen without dancing, it cannot be done. Second half of the album is sublime but the first is just as catchy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh and new and wonderful, 8 Sep 2014
This review is from: Carnival Flower [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
I've been a fan of these guys since my (now) wife introduced me to them after she saw them at the BBC Introducing stage at T in the Park. They are a breath of fresh air into an overwhelmingly stagnant music scene. They remind me of the early days of the Cat Empire, who sadly seem to have suffered from their desire to please their fans with a constant stream of new material, and have slipped into mediocrity. There's a lesson to be learnt here, Molotov Jukebox. Don't release an album until you have got enough good songs.

Which is exactly what they have done here. Every tune has something about it that makes me think I will be listening to it for a long long time. It has been on repeat since I bought it, and probably will be until I find something else new and worth listening to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Neon lights and stars in the City, 4 Aug 2014
This review is from: Carnival Flower [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
Love this album! Was introduced to it via a link on Ben Aaronvitch (Rivers of London fame) web page and fell instantly in love! Love the beat, vocals the whole thing. Had it on constantly until being separated from my music by builders and a mis behaving water bottle.

Would love to see them live since the energy in the music is just great. The sound of summer 2014 for me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant album, brilliant band. :), 2 July 2014
This review is from: Carnival Flower [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
Fantastic album! I've only just discovered Molotov Jukebox properly and I really like the unique sound they have. Natalia Tena has a wonderful voice. I've barely stopped listening to this album since I bought it. there's not a bad song on it and that feeling of wantng to dance and sing along stays with me for hours afterwards. Brilliant album. Looking forward to hearing much more from this band! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing piece of work!, 29 Jun 2014
This review is from: Carnival Flower [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
EARGASMS! Sooooo brilliant. I love it. Seriously though it is amazing though! Buy it now! Really! That is all okay!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album!, 27 April 2014
This review is from: Carnival Flower [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
I really love this album. All the songs are great. Don't think about it to much and just buy the album. You wont be disappointed.

Carnival Flower [Explicit]