The dongle is great to use on Three network, it even shows up how much data you have already used. Its software installed automatically on my Windows 7 (32 edition - software, for slower devices) netbook.
Published 9 months ago by Fenderfreundin

1.0 out of 5 stars Great product- frustrated with poor service.
Published 3 months ago by T. J. Wanley

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Great product- frustrated with poor service., 3 Sep 2014
Let me say first that the product itself is excellent. Set-up and use, no problems. However, I cannot say the same for 3. Each month I need to pay for another month's usage. OK. But whenever I try to pay, the 3 network cannot connect to visa to validate my card. Each month I have to wait about a week before I am able to buy my next month's allowance. This means that each month I have no internet connection for a week. This happens every month without fail, and has now been going on for two years. Frustrating isn't the word for this poor service.
It should be said that I have been using a credit card on the internet since 2005 and I have never had this problem with any other site. Given the 3 is supposed to be an IT company- this is a bit crap.
So be warned. However good the product may be, it is worthless if 3 can't provide a proper service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beware of your touch-pad when using with a netbook - make sure you dis-connect and stay dis-connected ;-), 23 Mar 2014
This review is from: Three ZTE MF730M Ready To Go Mobile Broadband Dongle with 1GB Preloaded Data (Accessory)
It's as easy as a pie. I haven't bought a dongle in a few years time but this one is absolutely easy to handle. I haven't tried any other network with my dongle, yet. And I do not know if I would have to un-lock it. But on Three, no problems, so far. But please make sure you always click on 'dis-connect' when you don't use your dongle or plug it out of the device. Best thing, you can get alerts for your data limit! Like you can opt-in to have 4% of your data limit used, and you get notified via online page login by ZTE, a message will show up and you will be asked whether you wish to dis-connect or not because you've reached your pre-set limit! Only problem, I have a touch-pad netbook and when I dis-connected but had something dropping onto my touch-pad, it connected again without me noticing. That's the down-side of using online software. I have lesser problems with this dongle than with my old HUAWEI. It would be really fuzzy about wanting to connect me, at times... . It was bought at a German discounter back then that also runs supermarket chains in the UK, and this one old one could only handle up to UMTS. So, had a lot of buffering trying to access video streaming pages. They used to offer a complete flatrate with that discounter tariff for Germany. I do not think that tariff still exists but I wish the UK market would give green light to ALL YOU CAN EAT - dongle tariffs up to 3G or UMTS. Now that LTE is arriving.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excllent product! Works perfectly every time, 19 Sep 2014
L. Tonge "tcvs" (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
Great for the price! Worked well out in the sticks in Somerset and is simple to setup and use!

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use., 14 Sep 2014
Works well in the area I live and has been working whilst out in camper van.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, reliable, value., 15 Nov 2014
This Three mobile dongle is reliable and fast, and the Three network seems to have far better coverage than O2 or Orange.

It has never once failed to connect, nor dropped from 3G to GPRS as other dongles can do. Set up is easy too - you literally just push it into a USB slot and a few seconds later, you're online. And no need to register if you don't want to!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 15 Sep 2014
It works great if you have good signal

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. It connects very quickly and I get good ..., 31 Oct 2014
Excellent. It connects very quickly and I get good reception where I live. I don't use the internet much, only for e-mail, paying bills and buying items on-line. If you use sites like You-Tube then your 12gb allowance will soon disappear, this is mainly for minimal use if you want it to last 12 months.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 26 Sep 2014
It works in some areas but not at my flat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 Aug 2014
It works -- well

5.0 out of 5 stars Super!, 11 Nov 2014
I have to say, 3 dongles are the ultimate best! I tried a T-Mobile Dongle before this one and I could and connecting after top-up run out was a nightmare! With these babies, you get a good signal all the time (no drop-outs like T-Mobile) and topping up is a breeze!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›