4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable lightweight read
If you're looking for something deep, the likes of which you'd expect from Ringo or Weber you'll be disappointed. This is relatively lightweight and sometimes the plot is rather thin.

However, it's an enjoyable read and looks to be a promising start to the series.
Published 7 months ago by R MacGregor

1.0 out of 5 stars Badly written, derivative, boring
I very rarely fail to finish a book, but not only did I not finish it I deleted it from my Kindle and library. It harks back to writing style of the 1950's but does it very badly.
Published 7 months ago by H

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable lightweight read, 29 May 2014
R MacGregor (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Terran Gambit (Episode #1: The Pax Humana Saga) (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great start, 22 April 2014
Paul Bobe (Leicestershire UK) - See all my reviews
What a great start to a new lengthy series. Action from the beginning. A great initial book explaining the situation and setting up the main characters, loved the tongue in cheek humour and innuendo. Left me wanting more.

4.0 out of 5 stars good read, 4 May 2014
Very similar to the spineward series, but this ifs no bad thing. Look forward to reading more to see how the characters develop

4.0 out of 5 stars The terran gambit, 17 April 2014
Ok for a start story line looks good character s taking shape all in all a promising start for a new series

4.0 out of 5 stars The Terran Gambit, 16 April 2014
With action literally from page one, a fast paced story that pulls you along from page to page. Swashbuckling in the Future!!
I am looking forward to more of the same.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written sci fi tale, 20 Mar 2014
Sci fi is something of a new genre for me, and I was really hoping that the story wouldn't be lost in technology which would go over my head....

Fortunately, I was worried about nothing. The story flowed well, and the only tech speak was part of the story which left me as confused as Lt Comm Mercer!

The story was enhanced by the difference in feel (which may just have been my perception) when writing about Trajan. I REALLY didnt like that guy.

Overall, a solid, engaging and well written story which left me looking forward to the next in the series.

This review is based on an ARC copy which I received in exchange for an honest review.

1.0 out of 5 stars Badly written, derivative, boring, 6 May 2014