5.0 out of 5 stars Another outstanding triumph
Another outstanding achievement by Bella jewel, it was gripping, it had you guessing all the way to the end.

William isn't what your thinking he is he's a tortured soul, left broken but he's no monster.

Number thirteen she's strong she fights to the bitter end never losing herself completely.

This book was perfectly put together even I was...
Published 8 months ago by Ellen Small

3.0 out of 5 stars 2.5-3 stars
Published 8 months ago by Kindling Micky

3.0 out of 5 stars 2.5-3 stars, 25 Mar 2014
Kindling Micky "Micky" (OLDHAM, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Number Thirteen (Kindle Edition)
This book is well written but I really did not like the concept or the main male character, William. I kept an open mind until about 70% in and then I couldn't fight it any longer. There was nothing I could like or respect about William, Yes, he was damaged, but that didn't mitigate his behaviour. I did like the girls' characters as they were innocent in this particular situation and acted as one might imagine in captivity. Not for me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 20 Mar 2014
This review is from: Number Thirteen (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoy Bella Jewels work. I really liked the story of this book and I like this genre it reminds me of Twist Me, Tears of Tess and the Consequences trilogy but not as good. What I mean by that it is this story lacked depth, it could have been so much better. I couldn't figure out if William was good or bad. His actions didn't seem justified by his cause but his need for feeling power and control still caused manipulation in those who were incredibly vulnerable. I'm not sure I got him as a character to be honest, I can't justify his actions with his story. I liked Emelyn though a very likeable character.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best, but still good., 25 Mar 2014
This review is from: Number Thirteen (Kindle Edition)
I have read all of Bella jewel books and have enjoyed each and every one of them, however I am just not sure about this one. I am glad I read it as it's something different, and I have read hundreds of books believe me, but this did not satisfy me and I have never before flick through pages and not to read them. Which I did find myself doing with This book. I will still read books written by Bella Jewel but I hope they are more gripping than this one.
Some May love,some may hate but as a Bella jewel fan I had to read this one but would never re-read.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing .. not her usual form., 3 April 2014
HOJane (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Number Thirteen (Kindle Edition)
I've read all of the authors other books and a big fan of the MC Sinners series but this was very different. I found myself getting a little annoyed at the whole scenario and couldn't understand the "secrecy" that came with it. Won't spoil it for the reader, but kind of rushed through it quickly just so that I could get to the end - I found myself getting frustrated at the main two characters - I know these stories aren't real, but this was a bit too far fetched for me!

Won't stop me from buying any of her future books though, but like to think she won't venture far from her previous work.

2.0 out of 5 stars agree with other reviewer tillyfloss, 28 Mar 2014
loumar (Perth scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Number Thirteen (Kindle Edition)
Sorry wanted to like this as a great idea but just did not deliver. Everything happened too quick not developed enough and not enough depth to characters x

5.0 out of 5 stars Another outstanding triumph, 21 Mar 2014
This review is from: Number Thirteen (Kindle Edition)

This book was perfectly put together even I was stunned with the twist.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 20 Mar 2014
This review is from: Number Thirteen (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book so much i love Bella's books can't wait to read the next book she publishes buy this book now you won't be disappointed well one Bella

3.0 out of 5 stars Different, 27 Mar 2014
Gill (UK Northumberland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Number Thirteen (Kindle Edition)
I can't quite make my mind up about this. I loved the dynamics between William and Thirteen but I'm not one hundred percent sold on the story. Not really a romance.

1.0 out of 5 stars Really bad, 30 Mar 2014
This review is from: Number Thirteen (Kindle Edition)
not to Bella's usual standard. It took ages to get going and the characters had no depth so I felt no connection to them. It felt very amateurish with too much narration and very little dialogue. I skipped a lot of pages because the story was so dull, although it sounded like a great storyline it didn't deliver. Don't waste your money on this one..

4.0 out of 5 stars A dark read, 13 Aug 2014
This review is from: Number Thirteen (Kindle Edition)
This is a difficult book to categorise and define in terms of genre, plot etc. It is a dark read, with disturbing subject content but full understanding of the story doesn't come until the end and all your preconceptions of the situation are blown away. It is difficult for books that step outside the norm and this is certainly one that does. It is not light and fluffy; it is dark and disturbing. The ending goes against convention but then the entire book does. William's reasoning may be flawed in holding thirteen girls at his house but ultimately their situation would have been much worse if they had stayed where they were. In holding them he wants them to regain their lives; his methods may be questionable but the results speak for themselves. Number Thirteen is a woman of great strength, courage and principles. Despite the situation she finds herself in, she continues to stand up for her beliefs. William may come across as weak to some extent but he is the product of his own upbringing and, in his own way, needs saving himself.

To say that I enjoyed the book would be the wrong sentiment given the subject matter but it was a book that got under my skin and stayed there.

Number Thirteen