5.0 out of 5 stars Heartwarming gay fiction, 29 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Sebastian's Journal (Kindle Edition)
Gay fiction is a genre I don't tend to swing towards and have never actually picked up or looked at - if I'm completely honest (which I always try & intend to be!) it had never really appealed to me. But when I won and read the blurb for Sebastian's Journal I was actually quite intrigued to read it.

Sebastian's Journal by Eden Elsworth is the story of Sebastian (who leads a bit of a 'rich boy' hedonistic lifestyle) and Nathan (who is homeless and has been for a few years) and a chance meeting between them leading to an unlikely relationship.

Sebastian is a bit of a hard, tough cookie to crack, and by his own admittance has never really cared about anyone but himself, most of all in bed where he is only out to satisfy himself. Nathan on the other hand is so fragile & sensitive and really needs all the help he can get. Both personalities are due to their upbringing, and Nathan also due to his line of work on the streets.

After a run-in (literally) and then a parting, Sebastian & Nathan find each other again and Sebastian takes (even more so now) fragile Nathan under his wing. As usual I don't want to give too much away, but Sebastian starts to keep a journal of what has happened to Nathan to make him the way he is now and what is happening now due to this, and it is shown to Nathan's therapist as he doesn't talk much. I like the way this story is written as we don't really see too much of the journal entries in themselves, but we know what is going in there.

Through the course of the story we see Sebastian & Nathan's exteriors reverse - Sebastian turns sensitive, and Nathan turns into the tough one. I think both of the characters were like this deep down, but they just needed each other to bring it out.

I really enjoyed reading this; it was very well written and flowed nicely, and I didn't want to put it down as I constantly wanted to know what was going to happen next. Some parts of the story were extremely sensitive and had me gasping, but they weren't written in a particularly graphic way which would maybe have wanted someone to stop reading. The whole book definitely kept me hooked throughout. I'm so pleased with my first foray into gay fiction and I can't wait to read more from Eden.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am so pleased I did, 14 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Sebastian's Journal (Kindle Edition)
Wow what a powerful book. (Make sure you read all the way to the end).

I don't normally write reviews for books and don't normally read anything that mentions Lord's and playboy sons on the description, but this was a freebie so I made an exception.I am so pleased I did.

ABUSE HAPPENS. Something we all wish it didn't but it does. This book deals with some of the consequences of child abuse. It doesn't say there is a magic cure (although having money definitely gets you access to better help), and acknowledges that not everyone is going to land a rich Lord's son to rescue them.

This book is about more than that. Both main characters change and grow as a result of knowing each other and Sebs development is perhaps more striking than Nathan's.

Go on give this book a go.
Sebastian's Journal is written in English English not US english .

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartrending and heartwarming at the same time!, 14 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Sebastian's Journal (Kindle Edition)
I won this in a giveaway and it's my first in this genre m/m and I have to say it wasn't what I expected at all. The author, Eden Elsworth, makes this a heartwarming story of romance and love between the arrogant (to start) Sebastian and the broken street kid, Nathan. There are parts that are hard to read, what Nathan went through nobody should have to endure, but, unfortunately, in our society too many do. The fact that the chance meeting with Sebastian literally saved this young man's life is glorious to read. To me, Nathan also 'saved' Sebastian and I thoroughly enjoyed the story and although the last entry, by Nathan, was heartrending it also showed his immense love for his saviour, Sebastian. A very well written story and hats off to Ms Elsworth for portraying it the way she has. Wonderful!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a seriously messed up life Nathan had until he ..., 14 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Sebastian's Journal (Kindle Edition)
What a seriously messed up life Nathan had until he met Sebastian. Parts of this story had me in tears and I can't imagine how he managed to survive the way he did. It's true though you should never walk past a homeless person and not be able to show compassion as you never know what has got them there in the first place.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, give it a try, 14 July 2014
This review is from: Sebastian's Journal (Kindle Edition)
Sebastian and Nathan's story is an interesting and heartwarming story of a rich arrogant man that learns there's more to life than money and fine clothes.

Sebastian is rich and helps Nathan, not expecting to fall for him. You could say it's a Cinderella story, but this book deals with lots of dark issues including child abuse, rape, homelessness and prostituion. Don't let that put you off though, it is a wonderful story of two people turning their life around.

Sebastian, did I like him to begin with - no, but when he found Nathan something came alive in him and yes having disposable money made it easy for him to do what was necessary.

Nathan, poor bloke broken, mistreated, abused.....well messed up. What I liked is his problems weren't papered over, they were met head on. I loved watching him blossom.

I have to mention Fen, Sebs sister, she was great a real trouper/mother hen not the spoilt brat I thought she'd be when she first showed up.

The sexual situations are detailed enough to make it a sexy read but due to the other issues dealt by the book they are done in a sensitive way.

This is the first time I've read this authors work and would recommend others give this gay romance a try. I will definitely be reading more.

4.5 star read

5.0 out of 5 stars Love heals, 10 April 2015
This review is from: Sebastian's Journal (Kindle Edition)
I was unsure about this when I realised what the story was about, but I am so glad I read it. Although it concerns abuse it is the way that Nathan and Sebastian end up making each other stronger and better. It is well written and worth reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sen and Nathan, 17 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Sebastian's Journal (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyed the story. Read easily and was entertaining. It was a little sugary especially when finding out who Nathan really was. Read it; you'll enjoy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars good story, all hetero 's should read it, 24 May 2015
This review is from: Sebastian's Journal (Kindle Edition)
good story , all hetero 's should read it, gives a good understanding .

Sebastian's Journal