Whenever practical, I prefer to use Ethernet cables in the home rather than to rely upon wireless communications, e.g. wi-fi. Apart from permitting higher transfer speeds, shielded Ethernet cables are unaffected by extraneous radio signals that can disrupt wi-fi thus slowing it down. Furthermore, wi-fi signals are rapidly attenuated with increasing distance and internal building walls can disrupt signal reception. Theoretically, wi-fi signals can be intercepted and are potentially a security risk. I use Ethernet cables in my home network for the longer runs, e.g. from the router at the front of my home to my office at the back of my home, a distance of about 25m with 3 walls between the connected equipment.

As far as I can recall I have never purchased CSL equipment before so the purchase of a long Ethernet cable is by way an experiment and also a test. A CAT 6 cable should offer superior performance over CAT 5.0 and my experiments tend to support that assertion. A close inspection of the CSL cable suggests it was well designed and made with quality components. Therefore, it also passes the test.

I am happy to recommend CSL CAT 6 cables in connection with high performance domestic/office networks where Gigabit performance is expected.
on 4 August 2014
When running a cable in difficult to access places, the last thing you want is to have to replace it because it has failed or broken or the end has come off.
So this is why I picked a product a bit higher up the quality scale than the usual amazingly cheap choices. And it's only a little more expensive.
And it worked out fine. A good standard of cable, Cat6, well constructed, and runs just fine at gigabit speeds.
on 23 April 2014
Great product, exactly what i needed, seems strong and long lasting.
The cable seems well armoured and is much stiffer and thicker than others i have had.

Gret purchase, would buy again
on 15 November 2014
My son broke the previous network cable by yanking the end from the router instead of pressing down the little clip, this meant every time the dog swiped the router off the side table (on a daily basis) the network cable would fall out. After 6 months I decided to replace the cable but one that wouldn't come out of the router however hard you pulled, this one is perfect for the job in hand, it's incredibly tough and durable and has even survived being trapped in the front room door, without any bending or cracking of the casing.

Therefore I am more than happy to recommend this cable and the seller, you won't be disappointed!
on 3 May 2014
It works.
it works in red
It works in blue
It works at night
And works when chewed

11 comment|76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 July 2015
Excellent product for the price. Why buy anything less than Cat-6 at this price & quality. Used to link another room (lounge) to my home network where the base router/hub is in an upstaires study. Due to decorating a perfect chance to hide/route another cable from the lounge to the hub...I thought one would do with the TV but these days your Media Player needs a connection, your BluRay needs a connection, your SKY box needs a connection and thats just one room...4 feeds!!! I have now installed a mini hub in the lounge but I do want the 4K Smart TV to have its own dedicated link to the hub - speed link on this item of major importance.

Loved this item and will certainly use again for my next project.
on 30 April 2014
These network cables arrived on time and in perfect condition. They are well made and the white and red colour scheme really works to add a dash of style, all at a good price. They work fine and stand out well from all my cat 5 cables, which is why I bought this colour.

Only one small issue and that's the emailed PDF receipt and terms and conditions: all in German. I think the company should use the language appropriate to each country they trade in rather than their native one. An English Amazon receipt was included in the package however, so this isn't a big issue and I'm not marking them down for it.
on 1 May 2014
I'm very happy with how CSL handled my order, the quality of the packaging and how quickly they dispatched it. I will definitely use them again in the future for all my Ethernet cable purchases, especially as they are also very competitively priced!
on 27 April 2016
I picked up this 10 metre length of ethernet cable to connect my smart TV to the internet router. High definition video was proving too much to be streamed wirelessly to the TV, with stuttering and audio synchronisation problems, so I figured it might be time to try hard-wiring the connection.

Initial observations - the black cable is nice and thick and should offer great protection, and it feels weighty compared to some of the cheaper cables I've used in the past. Hopefully a sign of quality. Also, those red clips look much more appealing than the usual black ones, although once plugged in you'll never notice them again.

After drilling a hole through the wall between the two rooms (TV in lounge, router in dining room) the cable was passed through. It had to survive a bit of brute force to pass through the hole (drill bit was only just big enough) but with some duct tape over the connector it made it to the other side with just a bit of brick dust to show for the trauma.

One end was plugged into the TV, the other into the router, and I then accepted the TV's request to connect to the network. Finally, I tried a high-definition film that I'd had issues with on wi-fi and there was not a single stutter, playback was smooth as silk. Proof that the cable really does have higher transfer speeds than my wireless-N connection was providing.

Problem solved. I'm now tempted to upgrade some of our other wireless kit (games consoles etc) with shorter lengths of this same CSL cable.

One final observation - the thick outer casing makes this kitten-proof. Our crazy feline friend has a disturbing tendency to chew on cables and so far this has resisted her small but razor-like teeth, unlike some of the other cables around the house.
on 28 November 2015

Arrived in under 48 hours (standard delivery). Very pleased indeed!

I bought the 15m cable and as you can see from my picture, my 200mb broadband runs fantastic using this product!
review image