5.0 out of 5 stars Take the Guess Work out of Network - ing.
Business Networking for Dummies explains the key benefits of business networking in detail. Whether you are networking because you own the company, seeking a job, or wanting to progress in your profession, it puts you with like-minded people in the same industry or profession in a friendly environment and this book shows you how you can hear and learn things about your...
Published 5 months ago by Newton

3.0 out of 5 stars Tiresome networking
Published 6 months ago by Dr. Paul Ell

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb advisory book for everyone in business, 8 April 2014
This review is from: Business Networking For Dummies (Kindle Edition)
So, I've got a copy of @NoRedBraces Business Networking. It's like having a comfy warm blanket surrounding me.

I've been business networking for a few months now and I can definitely identify with everything that Stef put across in the book - his tips for overcoming fear and making the most of every opportunity are in plain English and make sense.
I'll be applying them straight away.

Thanks so much for arranging for a Kindle Version!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for all self employed business owners, 30 Mar. 2015
A must read for all those new to networking. However useful to all networkers. The hints and tips have helped me with my own business and I deliver my business vision.

3.0 out of 5 stars Tiresome networking, 12 Sept. 2014
Dr. Paul Ell (NI, UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I know that Dummies books are supposed to make complex topics easy but this book perhaps goes too far. Much of the content I found pretty obvious and superficial. Largely the focus of the book is on networking at events specifically created for networking. I'm more likely to need to network at conferences or after meetings and didn't find the book much help here. What would have been useful is a more detailed discussion of social media, particularly developing a Twitter following, but all of this is very much peripheral to the books main concerns. The author says this book should be dipped into. I didn't find much incentive to do so and having read much of the book didn't feel I'd network better than I would had I not read it.

A disappointing three stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for Dummies!, 17 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Business Networking For Dummies (Kindle Edition)
I've been networking for my business for nearly five years now. I love it and have had some great results. I thought I knew what I was doing, That was until I read this book...

WOW! What a smorgasbord of fantastic tips and truly valuable advice. I have already got real tangible results from implementing some of the advice and can see my networking becoming way more productive. As well as a darn good cover to cover read, (written in a really human and entertaining style) it's also going to be wonderfully useful as a dip into resource for years to come.

As investments into your business go, you can't find much better than this. Buy it. Read it. And tell anyone else you care about in business to do the same. You will not regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, great tips, great read!, 23 April 2014
This is an excellent read, a must for anyone that is in business, not just for the 'professional' networker. I started networking last year and I wish this had been out then - I know that I have made mistakes along the way but to read it in black & white did make me squirm a bit! Even if you think you are an experienced networker I am sure you will find some new tips in here.

The book is set out well with warnings & tips to ease you through the maze of building or growing your business, I kept stopping to look at apps or websites that Stefan recommends to see if they were right for me. So if you know someone that is just starting out, my recommendation - the perfect present!

Buy it, read it, go back and read it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book has motivated me to get back out there and re-build my business through networking. Invaluable!, 19 Jun. 2014
This book is one of the most useful business books I have read for a long time and I read a lot of books! Not only is Stefan's writing clear and his ideas very very practical, but this book is also hugely entertaining and fun to read. For me it has had the unexpected spin-off of being very motivational in other business areas as well as emphasing just how important networking is and providing fantastic tips for making my social networking come alive and deliver results in real life. As a result of this book I am taking the time to get a lot clearer on what I actually offer and how I can best convey this to prospective customers. I am recommending it to all my clients. PS Stefan writes but he also LIVES what he writes. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, 14 April 2014
This review is from: Business Networking For Dummies (Kindle Edition)
Whether you are new to business networking, wondering why how or what networking is or you have been networking for a while and possibly think you know it all, think again. this book has something for every level of business networker. It is easy to read, well written and clear in it's open approach and honest account of the authors own experience. I have taken lots from this book to apply to my own networking practise and share with my fellow networkers. I will be recommending this book to others in my business circles as a tool that will help them get the best return from their networking efforts and endeavours. Top read, Thank you Stefan for sharing your brilliance.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent, very hands on guide, 12 Jun. 2014
As someone who has moved from an in-company role to running my own business in recent months, I wish this book had been available on day one!

Stefan clearly knows his stuff and although is evidently 'a character' this adds to the authenticity of his writing rather than detracts or irks. He manages to cover the basics such as what to wear, what to say and how not to be scared of going into a large open networking environment, without veering into being patronising. The book strikes the right balance I felt between level of detail and breadth of coverage.

An easy read but one which could make a real difference to your business. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading for all new Networkers ( and old ones too!), 18 April 2014
I've been a member of a business networking organisation since 2008, I've been to over 200 different groups from Scotland to Cornwall, 4N, BNI, Local Independent Groups and Business Growth Shows, and more, and to declare a vested interest Stefan is a friend of mine.

BUT... I can honestly say that even given my experience, I learnt some things, and I've got value for money from my purchase. It's like all the 'Dummies' books, a bit repetitive, because that's a good way to educate, and it's simple, and easy to understand.

If you are new to Networking, buy this book. It'll save you a lot of time, trial and error, and most importantly money!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a must-have book for anyone looking to get their name ‘out there’., 19 Jun. 2014
This book is so easy to read yet every page has real and relevant information for anyone looking to get their name or the name of their business ‘out there’. We are a franchisor with franchisees all over the country and as part of our networking training we are now including this book as part of their reading. There are many people who think they know how to network when in reality they are simply ‘going to networking meetings’. Read this book and you will know how to step out of your comfort zone and make the most of business networking. A must buy!

Business Networking For Dummies