5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, highly recommended!
Published 5 months ago by John S

1.0 out of 5 stars Shockingly low power output
I've bought a few solar panels and chargers over the years including 7w and 14w models. I bought the 16w model from all powers because it seemed like a bargain at this price, especially with all the positive reviews.

Published 8 months ago by PMS

1.0 out of 5 stars Shockingly low power output, 12 Aug. 2014
This review is from: ALLPOWERS™ 16W Solar Panel Charger with PowersIQ™ Fast Charging Technology External Power Pack 2A Dual USB Portable Charger Backup for Iphone 6 Plus 5s 5c 5 4s 4, Ipad Air Mini, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Note 4 3, HTC One M8, Nexus 5, Blackberry, GPS Units, Digital Camera, Bluetooth Speaker and Other Smartphones and Tablets (Wireless Phone Accessory)

The size and weight are as stated in the spec, it's surprisingly light for a 16w charger but as it turns out there is a good reason for this. I have USB power monitors bought on amazon which allow me to see the actual output of the panel, and compare it to other panels. I tested it today in bright hot sunshine using different combinations of phones, battery packs etc connected to the two USB sockets and the best I could get out of the all powers 16watt panel is 1.1A, which is almost half the 2.05a I got from the 14w model!

1.1a is still enough to charge most phones quickly in perfect sunshine but it is much lower than this in normal use especially in the uk so I guess all powers are hoping no one will have the right kit to see the true performance is no where near what is claimed. So you're paying for a 16w panel but getting something slightly better than a 7w panel. If you're looking for a genuinely good quality solar panel look elsewhere.

Also note my review has the orange 'verified purchase' tag at the top which means I have actually bought and used the product. You can spot fake reviewers firstly by looking for ones without this tag, and secondly by clicking their name and then 'see all reviews' to see what else they're reviewed. If it's mostly 5* reviews without 'verified purchase' - including several for the same brand - then they're likely not genuine. What a scam!

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing product, 15 Aug. 2014
I bought this because it seemed like a pretty good deal for the price. Having used few other solar panels before I was expecting this to charge my nexus tablet much faster but it was in fact not much faster than my 6w charger. Not happy! I went back to check the raving reviews about the product and saw that it's not even written by people who bought the product! Only one review by PMS seems to be genuine and they've given it 1 star :(

I'm going to look out for "verified purchase" tag on reviews next time to make sure the comments are genuine - what a rip off! Not purchasing from ALLPOWERS again, seems like a scam, the number on the box is for China so can't even contact them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Do not purchase for use with modern Apple products, 16 Aug. 2014
Bought for use on a camping holiday for my iphone 5 - much to my disappointment did not work due to compatibility, and would not charge my external battery pack either. Seemed to work for my very old ipod touch though, but this was not what I needed it for. Returned because of this.

3.0 out of 5 stars Yeah, but no., 17 Sept. 2014
Works fairly well in Very bright direct light, will full charge a smart phone in about 6/8 hours. However in overcast / dull conditions it can actaully discharge the battery your trying to charge. I took this on our honeymoon and found it charged a battery pack when left out in direct sunlight all day. So all in all , yes it works , but dont expect miracles, its a basic trickle charger a best. Ideal for patient people who cal leave it all day and not require direct power. Also when charging Apple devices the error message , "This device may not be supported" displays, however it is supported , just the low current output is struggling to activate "charging" mode. But it is charging albeit slowly,

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this product, 20 Sept. 2014
Don't buy this product. The delivery took twice as long as promised (they were sent from China), I had to pay extra customs fees on top of what I paid on Amazon and the charger does not charge my iPad Air. When I looked at customer reviews for the charger I realised that most "reviews" were fake, giving 5 stars to a dodgy product. In fact all products from the company have obvious fake reviews, I don't understand why Amazon does not react to that.

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor performance, only 55% the performance vs the Portapow 15W which is the same price. See my video review., 18 Aug. 2014
Mr. N. Webber (Stirling, Stirlingshire Scotland) - See all my reviews
Length:: 3:48 Mins

So, I had high hopes of this panel, and was impressed with its build quality. The USB sockets being actually mounted to the material rather than hanging on the end of leads will make things last longer. Unfortunately though its performance is lacking. Comparing this panel with the identically priced Portapow 15W panel shows that it produces only about 55% if the power than one gets from the Portapow 15W. The Portapow is a 3 panel design with a slightly larger form factor and those flying USB leads that I don't like. The AllPower is light at 600g which was my main reason for purchasing, but its only light if the specs are right! The Portapow 7W produces almost as much power as the AllPower 16W, but weighs only 400g. So, go buy (either) Portapow instead. I also did a comparative video review here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trtnBgIeFlE

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, highly recommended!, 11 Nov. 2014
I bought this based on another's review, about it being a gateway product, and I have to say he was correct. I have the iPhone 5, and the day I received this product, i immediately stuck it out on top of my Wrangler, and with the phone still on and searching for Wi-Fi, I went from a 19% charge to 96% in under an hour of direct sunlight. I find myself throwing it outside in all kinds of weather, just to find the limitations as I plan to use it backpacking. Its durable, lightweight, and fits in my Cabela's catch-all bag. It's an all around great product, and I'm already recommending it to everyone that asks about it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic! Really recommend it!, 22 Aug. 2014
With this setup I can have almost unlimited electrical power while camping and not have to bring a bag full of disposable batteries. In bright sunlight the panel provides enough current to add 15% to a very tired Nexus 4 battery in about 20 minutes. Charging the huge ALLPOWERS battery takes longer, but I leave the panel and big battery back at camp during the day so I can come back to fully charged gear. It is a little heavy for some extreme backpackers, but it is worth it to have a constant supply of power for GPS and lights. So, thank you ALLPOWERS, your charger is a gem........that may get costly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worked for me !, 11 Nov. 2014
We have used this in some pretty remote areas to keep our phones charged. I have even had this clipped to my backpack with the charge cord over my should to the phone in my pocket while hiking. While I never left anything plugged in long enough to fully charge I can say you shouldn't have your charging device exposed to direct sunlight while under charge. We were in the tropics and one device shut down due to high temperature. I covered the device in my bag to get it out of the sun and it started charging without issue. Works for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars it was good as new, 31 Oct. 2014
This device accidentally blew off my boat and into the water. I circled back and found it floating in the water. It had been there for about 5 min. I pulled it out of the water, attached it vertically to the side of the boat (power connector down to drain) to let dry. After about 30 min or so, it was good as new. No issue and charging 10ah battery pack again. The battery pack did not fall into the water because it pulled from the panel USB connector as the panel was going overboard. All in All pretty solid panel for me needs.