5.0 out of 5 stars A good power bank with solar panels
Customer Video Review     Length:: 4:16 Mins
I was sent this power bank by the manufacturers for review, and I think it is very good. The unit has a reasonable capacity: 5000mAh is enough to charge most mobile phones a couple of times or a tablet roughly once - although it depends on your individual device, of course. This makes it a really useful thing to have around if you're going to...
Published 9 months ago by Sid Nuncius

1.0 out of 5 stars Not bad looking product, but absolutly not maching its description and potentially dangerous
Well, the product is not bad looking. But that's all.
The capacity is NOT 6000mAh. According to the test I've made charging different types of phone many times - it's not more than 4000mAh.
It CANNOT charge iPad 3G. So I support for the other tablets also.
The USB ports are protected with some kind of funny rubber covers, which easily fall off and leave the...
Published 6 months ago by night_walker

4.0 out of 5 stars Green charging, 27 July 2014
Amazon Customer - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
A rather nice solar charger in an eye-catching shade of green that means it is unlikely to get lost at the bottom of your rucksack, if offers the potential that you can recharge it’s reserves whilst you are out and about… as well as your other gadgets. Just make sure you leave sufficient time before packing to give it a full charge from the mains before you set off.

It’s made from plastic with rubber trims on both ends that add to the impression that this is something that’ll survive a few knocks and bumps whilst you are trekking about. Two sealable flaps on the sides reveal two USB and one micro USB port.

Whilst you can charge from the mains via the micro USB (and that is the fastest option by far) if you are about to go into the back of beyond, this power bank incorporates a solar battery that might give you a bit more charging capacity if you cannot get access to a plug. The reality is however that it takes an awful long time to charge via the light of the sun and, depending on the number of gadgets you need to charge, you may need more than one of these chargers to meet your needs. During four days of exposure to the British summer weather, three sunny days and one overcast/wet, exposure to the sun alone resulted in three out of the four charging indicators lighting, or about 75% charge. That was sufficient to half charge an iPad and apply 20% charge to an iPhone. Note that the device needs to be fully charged if you wish to use both USB charging ports at the same time.

A little LED torch can be double clicked on or off. It’s pretty good overall and useful if you are caught without an alternative but it appears to be quite a drain on the power bank so I’d avoid relying on it unless you can mains charge regularly.

Provided without charge for review purposes, this has 5,000mAh capacity and two 1A charging ports. It isn’t the fastest charging power bank around but the fact it can be charged via the mains or its solar panel makes it pretty useful if you are away from power sources for a prolonged period; just keep your fingers crossed that the sun stays out long enough to replenish supplies and avoid using the torch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and well made, 30 Nov. 2014
Tillysmum - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Expower(R) Solar Panel Rain Resist shockproof Charger 6000mAh Portable Charger Backup External Battery Power Pack for iPhone 6 Plus 6 5S 5C 5 4S 4, iPad Air, Other iPads, iPods(Apple Adapters not Included), Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, S2, Note 3, Note 2, Most Kinds of Android Smart Phones and More Other Devices (Blue) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Length:: 1:55 Mins

Length:: 2:25 Mins

I love the design of this solar panel charger- it is both stylish and well made. The solar charger can be attached via a D ring to a belt, rucksack or bag which is extremely useful. The nature of the rubber casing provides a high level of protection if the charger was to be dropped, and protects from scratches and dents. The rubber surround is slightly raised from the solar panel which further adds to its protective qualities. The back of the casing is textured which makes it easy to hold and grip.

The charger has two full sized USB ports and one micro USB port- these are nicely covered by rubber flats- protecting from dust/dirt.

The instructions are clear and easy to follow however there is a note under solar charging guidance which advises solar charging for emergencies only and further advises to not leave the charger for extended periods under the burning sun. I was surprised to see such a note on a product primarily advertised as a solar charger and no such notes were supplied with another solar charger I have recently reviewed. I have therefore deducted a star as this does limit the charger.

As well as charging via solar power the charger can also be charged via USB. I have found it takes around 6-7 hours to fully charge- however I tend to top the charger up periodically rather than fully run the charge down.

The charger can charge two devices simultaneously. I have found my phone can be charged from flat in around an 1 hour 30 minutes.

The LED torch light is really handy and is activated by double clicking the on/off button.

There are LED lights indicating the charge status and power.

Overall this is an exceptionally well made, well designed and well protected solar charger. However the solar charge element is something I would consider more of an emergency back up than main function as it does take a long time to charge the solar panel. This charger is perfect for use on the go - and provides a useful way to charge your devices when not near a power source. Highly recommend.

*Received from supplier to review this has not influenced my opinion.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just ok., 27 Aug. 2014
This charger is ok. That's about the best way to sum it up.

After charging off the mains to full, it charges well like any other battery pack. However charging via the Solar Panel stored energy seems to do only around 30%-40% of my HTC One battery.

Also you cannot directly solar charge your phone, you charge the pack via solar, and then discharge the pack into your phone.

Overall I'd say it's an ok product that just isn't quite as good as I wanted it to be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, good quality charger, ideal for out at sea, 23 Dec. 2014
I bought this charger as a birthday present for my husband, and very happy that I did.
It has two attachments, so not only can you charge your iphone, you can also re charge your ipod. (Very easy to work out how to use, if you don't read instruction manuals)
It has the added feature of a torch, an off and on switch, and it''s ok if it's dropped, with a sturdy and protective casing.
this is going to be used on my husband's boat and I have peace of mind that if he is out at sea with no power, he can still make contact, as often, he forgets to charge his phone.
Not too bulky and with a strong clip, I highly recommend this charger for the more 'heavy handed' person. I know that peace of mind is priceless, and can't fault this charger.
Very fast reliable delivery, and expect nothing but satisfaction when you receive it. Compact, but not too tiny. The size is just about right, not much bigger than an iphone.
Trouble is, because I am personally so impressed, I want one for when I go out and about, more as a back up just in case...

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful as a portable power pack than a solar charger but still handy, 11 July 2014
Very happy with this, easy to use, and after fully charging it kept my phone going during a week away (two and a bit full charges) Very slow to charge from the Solar panel though, and will only top up a bit even being outdoors all day. Very useful as a power pack to take away though and well made.

3.0 out of 5 stars Handy, tough and does the job., 2 Sept. 2014
This is a handy little device that I took camping with me. It has a battery pack built in that holds two or three charges which is useful enough. It does say on the leaflet that the solar panel should only be used in emergencies but I don't recall reading that before I bought it. However, it does charge its self ok in overcast light and if I use it each day and leave it to charge by the solar panel then my phone stays charged. However I can't say that would be the case if you have a full on smart phone that you run flat each day. I'm glad I bought it as were some of my friends who charged their phones with it. Its certainly better than the cheaper, non battery pack versions that only charge if the sun is on the panel. It is tough and water resistant so you can leave it laying around safely.
If you have a smart phone you use a lot or a laptop then maybe pay a little more for a more powerful version but for the money I'm pleased enough. Hope this helped.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little gadget, 14 Nov. 2014
Took it with me when trekking in Nepal - it was fully charged before the trek and solar charged whilst on the trek - hanging off my backpack. I was able to charge iphone twice and an ipod once before needing to recharge the unit. It is lightweight and the 3 USB ports are great (1 micro USB)
The solar charge is only a trickle charge and would take ages to fully charge the unit but is good as a top up if charger is fully charged beforehand. Also has built-in torch but I didn't need to use this so don't know how much of a drain on battery this is.
It is lightweight and easily attached to bags using clip provided.
Certainly great for the price

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful bit of kit ... I like it, 18 Dec. 2014
II really do like this charger. Only issue I have is that the plastic insert to the USB's came off really quickly and noy the weatherproofing is done. At full charge mine charges my iphone 100% twice and and ipad to about 30%. Leave it in the sun or charge it up while on the computer .... or off mains but that kind of befeats the point of having a solar charger!!!! In the sun it will take between 6 and ..... hours. will charge when there is cloud cover but will take longer. you can also put in your devices to the charger while your charger is plugged into the sun. weight about half that of an iphone 4

5.0 out of 5 stars Efficient and reasonably priced charger that works, 25 Sept. 2014
I bought this to use to charge my Blackberry Z10 smart phone during my forthcoming Kilimanjaro climb. I have tested it at home before departure and it charges up quickly in English light conditions. I have also charged the panel from my laptop - again it is quick and efficient.
I have used the solar panel to charge up my Blackberry and it does this efficiently (from 25% charged to 90% charged in about an hour). So far, I am delighted. Hopefully it will stand the rigours of Kilimanjaro. There is a karabina to hook the charger to your pack to charge it up while you are walking.

1.0 out of 5 stars Instead of receiving a nice document I got a badly scanned picture, 3 Oct. 2014
It takes a forever to charge via the sun, making the solar feature of the device almost pointless.
It had no instructions, so I had to contact the seller to get them. Instead of receiving a nice document I got a badly scanned picture. Instructions stated to charge unit from power supply and solar charging for emergencies only, this is not what I expected when I paid for it.
Once fully charged from the mains power supply, the unit failed to charge my phone, turning off after only a few seconds of turning it on.
This is a rubbish product.