TOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 October 2014
I really like this power bank.

The power bank arrived in nice packaging, and came with a key ring connection(really to attach to a backback not a key ring) and a power cable with different adapters.

Out of the box the unit was almost fully charged (indicated by 4 Blue Leds) and so I was able to use it straight away.

There is a power button on the power bank, a quick press shows the charge status, and switches the unit on for charging devices.

This charger has two USB ports each of which are capable of delivering 1 amp.

Both the ports as well as the port for charging the power bank are under a rubber cover, and so I can see that the unit is rain resistant.

Checking the outputs, I was happy to find 5.13 Volts exactly on the output, and regulation was good.

I was able to charge my ASUS tablet from 12% to 100% and the powerbank still indicated that it was around 30% full.

I also tested this with my Ipad, son's Hudl and my Windows phone, all charged with no issue.

I also tested the solar side of the unit and was surprised to find it charging happily on my car seat,I imagined I would need full sunlight a simple green LED lights up when it is charging.

I would suggest that the Solar panel only trickle charges the unit, so solar will take a long time.

That said I did not rely on the sun to charge the unit to capacity and opted for my home charger to charge it to full capacity.

The unit is almost pocket size 14.2 x 7.5 x 1.4 cm and weighs 150 g

What I think is really great is that the unit can sit by a window lapping up the sun and keep itself topped up.

I would not leave this in the car, to nice to have a thief steal it.

I think this is ideal for people who travel, holidays etc,
review image review image review image review image
on 16 August 2014
Buy this for the battery capacity, rugged case, and weatherproof design. The solar panel is a bonus that could be used in an emergency.

This is a really well made, outstanding 5000 mAh battery. It charges an iPhone or iPad at the fastest rate possible - meaning the battery can output 2 Amps with no problems. The battery capacity is exactly right on with what I would expect from 5000 mAh. A fully charged battery will easily do two full 100% charges of an iPhone 4s. It will do roughly a 50% charge of an iPad - again at the highest fastest charge rate. Not a lot of 5000 mAh batteries work this well.

The form factor is just about perfect. I left this battery out on the back porch to charge, and it started to rain. A few people asked if I meant to leave my phone out in the rain. Nah, that's just a battery. The battery is roughly the length and width of an iPhone 4s. It is slightly thicker than an iPhone (actually it is about the same thickness if you use an OtterBox case).

The case is water resistant. A rubber flap covers the USB port. That flap doesn't seat perfectly, so you might not want to drop this in water. I left this out in the rain for two days and it is none the worse for wear. The battery is protected all the way around with a thick rubber case that will protect it if you drop it or get rough with the thing. I like the great big opening at the top for a carabineer (one is in the box).

There is a short microUSB cable included in the box. Along with that, all in the interest of saving weight and not having too many cables is an adapter to go from microUSB to Apple 30 pin connector. Sorry, they didn't include a lightning adapter.

There is a small LED light on the side. This is not really a flashlight; it is more of a night-light.

All of this would be perfect at this price point - the battery size is good, the package is rugged, and the battery performance is excellent. But yet they added a solar panel to one side of the battery. The solar panel is more of a bonus than a way to really charge the battery. In bright sunlight for around 10 hours, I was able to get about 25% of the battery charged. That isn't too bad; it would keep my cell phone fully charged forever, as long as there was full sun every day. If you are trying to keep an iPad running, this really won't work - the solar cell just isn't enough to keep you ahead with energy.

The solar cells appear to be latest generation, so they are efficient. They are protected with a heavy-duty matte finish plastic cover. Solar cells are fragile, so it is important to protect that panel from being directly hit with anything.

If I evaluate this battery as simply a rugged 5000 mAh battery, this one wins all over the place. It is an excellent purchase. The solar cells are simply a bonus that could provide some emergency power.

I was provided a review sample.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
A rather nice solar charger in an eye-catching shade of green that means it is unlikely to get lost at the bottom of your rucksack, if offers the potential that you can recharge it’s reserves whilst you are out and about… as well as your other gadgets. Just make sure you leave sufficient time before packing to give it a full charge from the mains before you set off.

It’s made from plastic with rubber trims on both ends that add to the impression that this is something that’ll survive a few knocks and bumps whilst you are trekking about. Two sealable flaps on the sides reveal two USB and one micro USB port.

Whilst you can charge from the mains via the micro USB (and that is the fastest option by far) if you are about to go into the back of beyond, this power bank incorporates a solar battery that might give you a bit more charging capacity if you cannot get access to a plug. The reality is however that it takes an awful long time to charge via the light of the sun and, depending on the number of gadgets you need to charge, you may need more than one of these chargers to meet your needs. During four days of exposure to the British summer weather, three sunny days and one overcast/wet, exposure to the sun alone resulted in three out of the four charging indicators lighting, or about 75% charge. That was sufficient to half charge an iPad and apply 20% charge to an iPhone. Note that the device needs to be fully charged if you wish to use both USB charging ports at the same time.

A little LED torch can be double clicked on or off. It’s pretty good overall and useful if you are caught without an alternative but it appears to be quite a drain on the power bank so I’d avoid relying on it unless you can mains charge regularly.

Provided without charge for review purposes, this has 5,000mAh capacity and two 1A charging ports. It isn’t the fastest charging power bank around but the fact it can be charged via the mains or its solar panel makes it pretty useful if you are away from power sources for a prolonged period; just keep your fingers crossed that the sun stays out long enough to replenish supplies and avoid using the torch.
Model tested: 6000mAh

Sent to me for review this smartphone sized solar charger is designed to target individuals with limited access to mains electricity for a number of hours or days.

Inside the box in addition to the solar charger you also get the USB charging cable, carabiner and instruction manual.

The unit itself is reasonably well made for the money and has inside it a 6000mAh rechargeable battery which gets charged when sunlight strikes the solar cells.

The design is adequate as it has a large solar cell area to capture light, a gripped surface on the back and sides, a power light to indicate battery power on a scale of 1-5 bars, a flashlight, an input and output port which is well covered from rain and a hole on top where the carabiner attaches the unit to your bag.

In use I found that this worked quite well and it converted sunlight to battery charge as efficiently as I would have expected given the price point.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I really like this power bank.

The power bank arrived in nice packaging, and came with a key ring connection(really to attach to a backpack not a key ring) and a USB to Micro USB power cable with different adapters.

This charger has two USB ports each of which are capable of delivering 1 amp.

There is also a simple torch light on the side of the unit which give reasonable illumination.

The unit is almost pocket size 14.2 x 7.5 x 1.4 cm and weighs 150g.

I would not leave this in the car, to nice to have a thief steal it.

I think this is ideal for people who travel, holidays and camping etc,

Recommended
review image review image review image review image
on 27 August 2014
This charger is ok. That's about the best way to sum it up.

After charging off the mains to full, it charges well like any other battery pack. However charging via the Solar Panel stored energy seems to do only around 30%-40% of my HTC One battery.

Also you cannot directly solar charge your phone, you charge the pack via solar, and then discharge the pack into your phone.

Overall I'd say it's an ok product that just isn't quite as good as I wanted it to be.
on 23 December 2014
I bought this charger as a birthday present for my husband, and very happy that I did.
It has two attachments, so not only can you charge your iphone, you can also re charge your ipod. (Very easy to work out how to use, if you don't read instruction manuals)
It has the added feature of a torch, an off and on switch, and it''s ok if it's dropped, with a sturdy and protective casing.
this is going to be used on my husband's boat and I have peace of mind that if he is out at sea with no power, he can still make contact, as often, he forgets to charge his phone.
Not too bulky and with a strong clip, I highly recommend this charger for the more 'heavy handed' person. I know that peace of mind is priceless, and can't fault this charger.
Very fast reliable delivery, and expect nothing but satisfaction when you receive it. Compact, but not too tiny. The size is just about right, not much bigger than an iphone.
Trouble is, because I am personally so impressed, I want one for when I go out and about, more as a back up just in case...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
 This is my video review for the Expower EX-P01 Solar Charger.
This is an excellent product which is great from when your out and about or on your camping trip.
Excellent build quality and feels really sturdy and well made.
Please enjoy the video.
on 2 July 2015
The Expower 6000mAh Solar Charger Is An Awesome Idea.

Starting with the box, it came nicely packaged, it came with a 30 pin adapter for older phone, a micro usb cable which can be used to charge it or for charging other devices and a carabiner. The solar charger looks really good, it has a nice rugged design and looks like it can take a drop and not feel it, with all this protection it still feels really nice in the hand, it is also waterproof. The solar panel is a matte finish and only needs abit of sun to charge, of course the more light the more charge. 6000mAh is good enough to charge an iPhone about 5 times, but if you have sun then it can be more. It has 2 usb ports so you can charge 2 devices at the same time. Overall i really like this product, its a great way to charge your device using the sun.

Check Out My Video:
on 11 July 2014
Very happy with this, easy to use, and after fully charging it kept my phone going during a week away (two and a bit full charges) Very slow to charge from the Solar panel though, and will only top up a bit even being outdoors all day. Very useful as a power pack to take away though and well made.

See one answered question