5.0 out of 5 stars A corpse writes
I'm writing this in my own blood as I bleed out...

Maddox is back, more bonkers than ever, paranoid but with good reason.

Published 4 months ago by Jeremy Newman

1.0 out of 5 stars don't bother
very disappointed, just a rip off of where eagles dare,enjoyed his first book so I was loking forward to reading this,waste of time
Published 2 months ago by dai.b.

5.0 out of 5 stars A corpse writes, 19 Mar 2014
This review is from: Saving Hitler (Maddox Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I'm writing this in my own blood as I bleed out...

Maddox is back, more bonkers than ever, paranoid but with good reason.

This is an excellent homage to such as Where Eagles Dare, and the pacing is, I think, far better than in the previous Maddox novel. I read the book in two sessions and enjoyed every moment. The characters - at least the main ones - are well-developed, and there's an interesting sub-plot that I hope Jack will develop in future novels.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maddox is back!!!!, 19 Mar 2014
This review is from: Saving Hitler (Maddox Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
After a close call with death, all Maddox wants is to be left in peace. So why are people literally breaking down his door to get to him?

Maddox has been recruited for a special mission behind enemy lines but things aren't exactly going to plan. Someone Isn't telling the truth and people are turning up dead. Is it the Russians? The Nazis? Or is the enemy far closer than Maddox would want to believe? The end is coming and it's time to pick a side, for the sake of the world let's hope he picks the right one.

A fantastically fast paced adventure which will keep you on the edge of your seat and guessing until the end. Not to be missed!!!

Maddox is Indiana Jones with military training. Fabulous!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner!, 31 Mar 2014
This review is from: Saving Hitler (Maddox Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I like Jack Hayes, he is one of my favourite writers and he sure hasn't let me down with his latest offering, Saving Hitler. What a great read, a real rip-roaring adventure! It actually reminded me of the old sunday afternoon black and white war films (giving my age away there) I used to watch with my dad where the special ops guys parachuted in behind enemy lines for a top secret mission! But, it reads like a modern thriller. I thought this book was great fun, I actually couldn't put it down and read it in one sitting. Maddox is a really great character and I look forward to his next outing. Well done, Mr Hayes, a stonking good read !!

4.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars for plot, 3 stars for editing, 20 Jun 2014
Ian Barker (Bolton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Saving Hitler (Maddox Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
It's close to the end of the second world war and the Germans are losing. In Britain retired SOE operative Maddox is recalled to complete one last mission, helping one of Hitler's doubles defect to the allies. From the outset, however, it becomes clear that there's more to this task than meets the eye.

With a complex plot and fast moving action this is a thriller that will keep you on the edge of your seat all the way through.

Sadly it's lacking the attentions of a good copy editor. There are far too many stray words, missing words, wrong words and homophone errors. The latter including the unintentionally hilarious 'brazier' in place of 'brassiere' - I'm sure we all know the old joke about what a workman warms his hands over!

A good read but not for those with a low error tolerance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book that keeps you hooked, 22 April 2014
This review is from: Saving Hitler (Maddox Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
A great read whilst on holiday. Character is really developing and making you want more. Bit of a cliché but a page turner. .

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Gem, 20 April 2014
This review is from: Saving Hitler (Maddox Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Hayes takes us on another fast paced journey, this time to a Nazi fort toward the end of the Second World War. This book sees a return of the unfortunate yet unflappable Captain Maddox, a character I hope we will read more about in the future.

Another fast and furious read. Can't wait for Jack's next release.

1.0 out of 5 stars don't bother, 21 May 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time, 7 May 2014
G. F. Ward "Tike" (Berkshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Saving Hitler (Maddox Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
This book is poor mans version "where eagle dare" I would also suggest that the author checks on homing pigeons and their training

Saving Hitler (Maddox Book 2)
1.99