I have the 50" Version of this TV and bought it only yesterday at time of writing this review. I've seen some of the Negative comments made about the TV so want to help by giving a couple of pointers for you.

First off, this is fantastic. I have gone from a 5 year old 32" Samsung LCD 720p to this and boy what a Jump that was.

Standard Def on...
Published 2 months ago by J. Starbuck

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful in every respect.
This is the first negative review I have ever written, but I have been forced to because of the sheer poor quality of this product. When I first set it up I must say it looked wonderful. The finish is superb, in gun metal. The main problem is with the picture quality when the camera is panning across light backgrounds: it just cannot cope. This means watching that when...
Published 18 hours ago by Kevin

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing TV, Fantastic 3D, Great Colour, Beautiful Looks....Outstanding Value For Money!, 13 Oct 2014
J. Starbuck - See all my reviews

Standard Def on this TV looks great, it's upscaled much better than I thought it would and you can watch it no problem at all.

HD is crisp and clear, the colour range on the TV is also fantastic.

I saw a review saying this TV is completely useless for gaming, saying that no matter what was tried, there was tearing, jumping and lagging. It nearly put me off buying the TV.

Well the TV tries to over process the image on the screen using it's 'Tru Motion', all you have to do is turn this down a few notches or turn it off and this tearing/jumping doesn't happen. Tru Motion smooths out juddery action but when it tries to smooth to much out too quickly, the TV can't quite handle it depending on the detail,speed etc of what's on the screen. Hence why there is the option to turn it down or off! I have it off as on every other TV this is o n, Samsung etc, I can notice it, it makes peoples motions look rubbery its weird, so I just turn it off and TV looks...well...like normal TV again, phew!

Someone also said the Smart TV functions are quite slow...compared to what? This is as quick as all the others I've been trying and if it is slower, those milliseconds you're going to wait and probably not notice! aren't going to detract at all from what a great TV this is.

2D to 3D is fantastic, you just have to go into settings, picture settings and 3d settings and change it from 'Standard' to 'Cinema' and boy what a difference that makes, I watched Cool Runnings in HD via Netflix in 3D and it is Amazing!!!!!!

For those of you wanting to spend some more money and comparing it to other FullHD Smart TVs, save it and just buy one of these sets now, wait a year or 2 and buy a 4, 6 or 8k LG TV in the future, pointless spending over the odds when you have a TV here that will do everything you want.

I usually let my heart rule me head when it comes to buying, I see what I want and I buy without thinking how much of a waste of money something usually is, thank fully, I played the smart card on this and picked a winner.

Now if I could convince the other half to let us have another for the bedroom hmmmm.........

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks stunning and packed with features, 13 Aug 2014
I. Mcintosh "Ian Mc" (Great Yarmouth, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: LG 42LB650V 42-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD Wi-Fi Smart 3D TV with Freeview HD (Electronics)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First off I just have to say the LG 42LB650V looks amazing, it has a very think sleek silver edging that just oozes class and looks stunning.

Right out the box it was so simple to set up. At first I was looking for some bulky manual or quick set up guide, but all you need to do it turn it on. There’s an animated bird on the screen that takes you through all the set up step by step from connecting to your Wi-Fi which was simple and fast through to programming all channels in one go for both digital and satellite. We really were literally up and running in no time at all.

Next I took a few minutes to look through the smart TV features and was amazed at the selection on offer, which are accessed simply from a single button on the LG remote. On Demand, Netflix, Youtube, Smart Share, there are so many features plus you can literally connect any media device directly to the TV or over Wi-Fi and it just works. I connected a little UBS stick/dongle and a box popped up on screen asking if I wanted to switch to USB. I selected yes and the content of the USB drive were on screen. I could choose from pictures or movies and they instantly play. If you do play a movie from a USB drive you can control it from the LG remote using play, stop, rewind, skip etc. You can also get the TV to scan your mobile devices and all the pictures and content from your phones and tablets just appear on screen. It’s so easy to use.

The TV is also 3D enabled and comes with 2 x pairs of 3D glasses. It would have been nice to have had 4 x pairs but they are easy enough to pick up online and not too expensive. The 3D picture looks amazing and the kids absolutely love it. The depths and colours are gorgeous.

My only two small criticisms are the screen is a little too reflective. In a couple of the viewing positions in our living room, depending on daylight the TV is quite reflective and can be difficult to watch. If we close our curtains or move to another position or seat, its fine. The second slight issue is with the Vesa bracket on our TV Stand. Once attached, it’s quite difficult to access the HDMI and USB ports. Might just be our TV cabinet but it does use the standard TV Vesa bracket sizes.

lso, the bolts that came with the TV were the wrong depth and too long for our TV Cabinet bracket, if we kept screwing them in they would have ended up popping out the front of the television. So I had to do a quick run to the DIY store, I picked up 4 shorted bolts and a couple of spacers for less than a pound, so no big issue.

I am being majorly critical though as I can honestly say this is the best television we’ve ever had. It’s incredibly easy to use and navigate, the Televising itself looks stunning and the 3d and smart tv features are well worth upgrading for. 100% recommend LG Smart Televisions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great all round 3D LED tv, 27 Nov 2014
The LG 3D 42 inch tv was easy to set up. Used the 3D which is excellent. Got Sky so the Sky 3D channel is hooked up to it. Put an external hard drive to the tv as well. Which has a load of films on it. The smart hub feature is very good you can get channel 5 and BBC iplayer. The You Tube feature on the smart hub is very good. You can just play your liked videos when you have logged into You Tube. Excellent purchase really happy with it!.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great viewing and connectivity, 23 Jun 2014
RJP the Book Boy "Book boy" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
LG 42LA620V 42-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD Cinema 3D Smart LED TV with Freeview HD/Built-In Wi-Fi and LG OS

I also have the 32 inch version of this model and have been delighted with it over the last month. This version comes with a free trial of Amazon Prime with unlimited streaming of TV's and movies - there is a green card stuck onto the side of the box go to Amazon.co.uk/Free1 but I think you can get this via your account now anyway.

Set up.
--------
It's big so I think it's a two people job to position it. Not much to do here to the hardware, only attach the stand with the supplied screws. I attached my Sky box to HDMI 1 and my surround amp to HDMI 2. There is plenty of connectivity but it's all round the back and side so it can be difficult to see what you are doing but this is the same with most TV's. It also found my wireless camera !
Switch on
There are several things according to how you want to use the TV. It found my Sky box and surround system quickly and set that all up automatically. The next stage was to log into my router. The set found the router wirelessly and asked me for the password which allowed it to join my home network. It took about a minute and then it was connected and gives a good reliable connection even though the router is two rooms away. It asked me to accept a firmware upgrade which I did and this took just over a minute to download and set up. My 32inch version has asked me to install several updates and I expect this version to do the same.
That was about it really and within 10 minutes the TV was connected to everything I wanted. I had no problems connecting all my other kit and this series from LG seems to not have the horror stories of connection problems that other makes do.

Initial viewing impression.
----------------------------------
Comparing it to the older Hitachi the picture quality being full HD was amazing, very sharp, and bright and no action smearing like the Hitachi had. This 42 inch version seems to have slightly more contrast on the same setting as my 32 inch version. Sky HD looks brilliant in every respect. The screen illumination is very even with no dark corners. The blacks are black and all the colours on my photos look natural. Yep it found my wireless cameras and set it up and now I can see my pictures on the big screen, this TV series seems to have everything and you don't need an engineer to set it up.

Sound quality.
------------------
Sound from the built in speakers (2 channels) was quite good but through the surround amp it was amazing.
After a session mixed viewing including YouTube, Sky, internet streaming sites and Blue ray
This TV has great picture quality and it really is a step up in technology from what we had. Using the internet to find shows, music and YouTube stuff is easy and the quality very good. Along with my Sky box and the internet on this TV I can find just about everything I could ever want to entertain me.

The Remote.
-----------------
This is similar to other LG remotes we have and it is useful and easy to understand. I have programmed my Sky remote to do most of the TV adjustments like sound and input selection. Overall the remote is logical and well laid out with quite big buttons. The only problem I can find is it is not back lit so if you have the lights off it is difficult to see what you are doing.
You can also buy an LG Magic remote for this TV, I have not done so but it does add extra functionality including voice control and extra function. I have not bought one for either TV as I can't see much point for me but for others it may be worth investing if you have game boxes etc. I am investigating whether I can attach a wireless keyboard to the set to make net navigation easier, when I get some play time I will report back on this.

3D.
-----
This is a 3D capable TV and it comes with 2 pairs of 3D glasses. This TV shows 3d effects from 3d encoded Blur rays and TV transmissions very well even at difficult viewing angles. Like the 32inch version it has its own 3D encoder to make 2D programs look 3D. The jury is out on this for me some programs look great while others seem muddy and difficult to follow in 3D.

FREE VIEW HD.
-----------------------
As we have a Sky box I have not tried this but it is equipped with Free view HD. It should be fine as we have duplicate channels on the Sky Box.

Overall.
----------
A very nice TV from LG with all the latest stuff on it at the time of writing. It is easy to set up and use and has plenty of features to keep you amused. This series from LG has been very highly rated in the technical press for it's ease of use, great picture and wireless connection that actually works and the LG OS is quite good to boot. I will add more to this review as I get more use and try to connect other devices to this set. There is also a SCART socket on the back to connect older devices with.
I highly recommended this TV series ( I have both the 32 and 42 inch versions). I am reasonably technically minded so I will always try to help other buyers on Amazon get the best from their purchases so ask me any questions and I will do my best to help and advise. Happy viewing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV for a great price, 7 Sep 2014
Love this TV. Bought it to replace an older 32inch that I use as a monitor for the PC and didn't realise how much more I was getting for my money.

Picture is amazing and after a bit of tweaking it was great for the PC. Battlefield 4 had never looked so good.

I've never been into 3D before and that's not a reason I bought this TV. But the little I have used it I've been suprised and impressed.

The TV has impressed me most by converting non HD into HD. I've watched some 90's shows and have been blown away by what the TV has done. As well as the display of HD such as The Hobbit. Sometimes it looks 3D even without that feature on.

I can't recommend the TV enough. Completely worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great. 3D is surprisingly good!, 24 Aug 2014
absolutely perfect. cant fault the tv on what it does. it seems to do everything i want and looks great. the 3D is actually very impressive and although thats not what i was buying it for, it is a very nice feature on the tv. but one thing that although is not a problem is a little bit irritating is that when the tv is first turned on, it seems quite slow and unresponsive when trying to switch inputs, and also the loading of the live tv guide is slow too. but apart from that, it is a great tv and i am very happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Slick Television, 22 Jun 2014
I was in the market for a 32" television with passive 3D. I dont like the active 3D so I did not consider the Sony range.
Originally I bought a Philips 32PFL5008T, which I was not happy with. So I bought this instead, so my opinion now is really based on comparing this LG to my original Philips purchase.

The LG is a generation ahead of the Philips. It all works so well. Sound is clear, no problem with levels, voices can be hear over music & background noise, it all works fine without requiring a soundbar.

The user interface is well designed, slick, intuitive & quick, however it is not yet complete. The smartphone screenshare app is not yet rolled out. Also the TV connects to my laptop, but as yet I have not figured out how to stream videos from it. It may be the software is not yet up and running, I have not really put a lot of time into sorting this out yet, as I use USB playback & that works great. No out of sync issues with sound & video, which is something that always seems to happen, whenever I have tried USB playback on other devices.

3D images are as great & as good as the philips, but now after being given the option to adjust the picture with a very nice picture adjustment tool, the picture quality is amazing. Its 'too good' my wife says, she sees 'too much detail' now.

Freeview menu is well layed & easy to understand, It looks like the TV will record shows directly on to a hard drive or USB stick, but again I have not yet tried this out, this may need confirming from another reviewer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great TV - But it had a fault!, 26 Sep 2014
D. Hill - See all my reviews
I have just purchased an LGLB650V 47 Inch TV although admittedly not from Amazon. In fairness to the latter I will not say from where but Amazon's guarantee was inferior or at least too expensive. After two days the TV switched itself off, but I was able to switch it on again with the remote control. On the third day it switched itself off again, on both occasions I checked the timer which indicated it was off. I was also told that TV's can switch off through inactivity e.g not changing channel for a long period of time. This was not the case for me as on both occasions I had watched several channels in the previous three hours. Tonight I got a message on screen saying this TV is going to shut down, I checked the timer which was off and again I had watched several channels in the previous hours. Interestingly the TV did not turn off!

Other than for this problem the TV is excellent and the picture is a great improvement on my old Panasonic Plasma which was five years old. Whilst I doubt I will use the 3D viewing mode much I did watch a natural history programme on Sky and the picture was excellent. It is not something I would watch regularly but it works well. Connecting the TV to the internet was easy even for an old duffer like me! I have viewed a few You Tube clips and again the quality was excellent.

I am pleased to say that my complaint re the TV was correctly handled by the seller who has agreed to replace the set next week. However given that my set is faulty I can only give it three stars had it not have been it would have got five!

Replacement TV arrived yesterday and all seems fine. The guys who delivered it suggested I go into the Eco settings and check them to off as the manufacturer always sets them to on. I have done this and so far it has stayed on! Why do LG not supply a manual anymore? It looks like I could have corrected the old TV had I known! Uprated to four stars, one star missing because of the lack of a decent operating manual!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent TV, 7 Aug 2014
Magnificent. Hadn't realised how TVs had developed. Picture superb, the best I've come across. Range of inputs wide, outputs more limited - optical audio out, headphones. Sound typically only OK with TV speakers. Shows electronic programme guide. On first start-up the auto-interface takes you through signal source, tuning, etc. Also lots of permissions - it'll connect you straight to all surveillance systems throughout the world if you want (joke). This first bit is a bit long but you can skip chunks. Very sensitive tuning and finds lots of channels.
You can connect hard drives to the USB sockets and record programmes, pause and fast forward. Nearly as good as a Humax-type box. Only just touched the surface of the smart tv modes. but it remembers what you watch and offers similar. The 3D function is a bit of a gimmick and I've found not worth bothering with.
A very good buy and would recommend wholeheartedly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product LG55LB650V, 16 Dec 2014
Danny Baker "TCI" (Southport) - See all my reviews
Excellent Quality, nice clear picture, 3d seems as though you are looking into a glass box, adds depth of field instead of bringing the picture out to you. This seems to give it a more realistic feel, almost as if you were actually seeing it in front of you rather than having abstract items flying out of the screen at you.

Crystal clear picture.

I would probably recommend buying a sound bar with this as although there is nothing wrong with the sound, there does not seem to be much difference between a volume of 50 and a volume of 100, particularly for bassy sounds. However, that isn't to say that the sound quality is anything less than good.

I would definitely recommend purchasing the magic remote for use with this product, as it makes flicking through the Home menu feel very fluid and efficient.

Bad points.. just make sure your room is big enough as at 55 inch screen her recommended viewing distance for 1080P is 7.5Feet away from the TV.

Although I have to say, sitting closer to the screen I haven't actually noticed any artefacts or screen tear etc even from as close as 3Feet away.