4.0 out of 5 stars Nicely made Waterproof mp3 Player
Note: The manufacturer sent me a review sample, no attempt was made to influence my opinion of the product

Published 12 months ago by Mr Baz

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Bought this as a gift for my daughter. She said it worked well at first, but then started to have problems with one channel, but then both channels went dead. It lasted for about 18 hours of use in the pool. I was to late to return it through the amazon procedure, so e-mailed the manufacturer. I'm still waiting for a reply!
Published 7 months ago by Tony Murray

4.0 out of 5 stars Nicely made Waterproof mp3 Player, 28 Jun. 2014
Mr Baz - See all my reviews
(#1 REVIEWER)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)

The Tayogo MP3 play came well packaged with a good selection of silicone tips included for a good ear fit, you also get a USB extender cable in the box, you can remove and charge the main unit which pops out when you press the sides together. I found the extender cable better for charging with a tighter fit (you can directly charge it), but either method works fine. It takes a few hours to fully charge and battery life is good for MP3 playback (real world I'd say around 7-8 hours of continuous playback, volume level will of course influence this)

This unit is IPX8 certified which is one of the higher ratings available, meaning it's designed for submersion in water (3 meters in this case) Sure enough throwing it into a bath and holding it under water the player worked just fine, and it also floats (a design feature)

My quick summary of good/bad areas

Good points:
+ Good fit and finish the player feels well made with quality bendable plastics
+ Sound quality is good, with decent bass and mid/treble response, not audiophile levels but well above average
+ Generous 8GB storage is plenty of space for quite a lot of music, you can also use it for storage for other files too
+ Clever design allows removal of the main MP3 player from the headband (pinch in and it pops up)
+ Waterproof design means little concern about damaging the unit
+ Support for many audio file formats, MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, Ogg Vorbis etc, this means you won't have to worry about converting audio files for playback (MP3, WMA and AAC are the three most common but some use uncompressed formats)

Weaker points:
- Comfort is ok, but will vary depending on your head! It took a while to get used to the fit which is unusual (behind the ears reversed) I'd prefer some rubber material on the inside of the two arms.
- Radio is passable though reception isn't as strong as I'd like and battery life is reduced compared to MP3 playback (around 3 hours a little more at times)

I'd like to see some additional cable relief on the main plastic head part and the bud entry points, though I have not had any issues to date in use (will update the review to reflect longer term use)

Instructions are quite good overall and easy to follow. Ease of use is also straight forward with rubber water sealed buttons on the top part for playback, skipping, pause, volume level. You can switch to the FM radio holding in the + button and the LED colour indicates which play mode you are in. There is also a re-set button there if needed (smaller black button that's away from the main controls) You can drag and drop music files over from the computer once it's plugged into a USB port, or use something like Windows Media player to sync the files.

Sound quality was good and well above average, good tonal response and pretty decent bass.
Overall though it's a nice unit and the waterproof aspect is undoubtedly of use for many people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smashing pair of waterproof headphones. Great for sport or even swimming. Terrific!, 21 Jun. 2014
These are smashing waterproof headphones, specifically designed to resist the impact of sweat or water for sports or swimming.

They are an unusual design for headphones, in that they’re designed to sit around the back of the head, with the arms sitting aside the ears. Think of it a bit like wearing a pair of glasses on the back of your head with the arms sitting over the ears. Personally, I find most ear-phones look a bit silly, and the fact these sit discretely at the back, out of the way is quite an advantage.

The headphones appear to be made from a light-weight tough moulded waterproof plastic, and the ear buds hang down from the arms, to plug into your ears.

In use, I personally found the arms a little tight, and I found the pressure against the temples a tiny bit uncomfortable, but otherwise I quickly forgot the headphones were there. Sound quality is good rather than terrific, but given these are a rather specialist (waterproof/sport) device, I think quality is certainly good enough for exercising when all you want is a good background beat.

I’ve so far tested them around the house, and took them out for an off-road mountain bike ride, and they were great. While you obviously can’t wear a crash helmet with these, they were otherwise comfortable (ignoring the pressure on the sides of the head), and were certainly held in place, and never felt loose or likely to fall off.

In terms of controls, you get the usual set all rubber covered:-

* Next and Previous track
* Volume up and down
* Pause and play

When wearing the headset, these are around the back of the head, and a bit fiddly to play around with, so I’d suggest you set up the music you want and just let it play.

The device comes nicely packaged in bright yellow complete with:-

* The device itself, ready charged and with ear buds attached
* An additional set of 3 pairs of “normal” use ear-buds
* Two pairs for “water sport” use -
* Surprisingly good quality 8 page instructions
* 30 inch long USB extension cable

To load the MP3 player with music you gently pinch the arms together, and the player itself pops out. Gently remove it, and you have a small waterproof USB stick. Pop it into the USB plug on a laptop or PC (I used a MacBook Pro without issue), and copy music of your choice (it comes with a small selection of songs for demonstration purposes).

I went for the 8Gb size, and straight from the box it comes with 8.41Gb of space which was reduced to 7.52 Gb free when I loaded with 10 MP3 albums loaded, so enough space for literally hundreds of albums.

I haven’t yet tested them out swimming, but I’ll certainly come back and update the review once I have.

Disclosure: I was provided these headphones for an independent test and review. Having said that, it’s a pleasure to test out products this well made.

Highly Recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars No Wires Attached!!, 12 July 2014
Antoine Camilleri (Malta) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
These Tayogo Waterproof headphones have truly been a godsend! Just a couple of days after receipt I was hospitalised for over a week following an accident. These headphones have accompanied me through the hard times, making my experience less traumatic. No electronic equipment was allowed, yet the medical staff decided that I could use this headset as apparently it did not pose any risk of interfering with the sophisticated machinery used in the hospital.

I had previously prepared a review of the Tayogo headphones mentioning how versatile this product is!!

The unit comes in an attractive "frustration free" packaging and includes:
○ A detailed User Manual
○ 4 pairs different size earbuds for normal use (A pair is already on the headset)
○ 2 pairs, small and large ridged earbuds for swimming and water sports
○ An OTG (On The Go) USB to female USB cable

The player is in the closed position when you receive it. To remove the mp3 player section from the frame gently squeeze the rubberised ends towards eachother. This part is then easily pulled out revealing a male USB charging and data plug.

No drivers are required when connecting to a computer and an "mp3 player" directory should be displayed. If you find that there is no space to plug the player into a USB socket, than you can use the supplied OTG cable.

My unit arrived partially charged and needed around 15 minutes to top up. I then dropped (copy and paste) some music files into the 8GB mp3 player and headed to the beach, which is a couple of meters away :) I found it so relaxing to swim to my favourite music! The sound quality is great when using the correct size earbuds. There are no equaliser controls, however the sound is very good, with great stereo separation and crisp, punchy sound. Unlike some other mp3 players the sound is not capped and these headphones can be cranked up to very high volume without distorting, so please exercise caution.

Considerations:
○ If you intend to use this unit for radio, be aware that the battery life will be 3 hours

Likes:
• Intuitive button layout
• Weighs only 32 grams and very comfortable
• Very good sound quality delivering crisp sound with excellent balance from treble to bass whilst retaining loads of detail
• IPX-8 rated: Suitable for continuous immersion in water up to 3 meters
• Impressive noise isolation especially when using supplied earbuds meant for water sports
• 8GB storage: So with a typical bitrate of 128-192 kbits/s expect around 2000 songs
• Myriad of Audio format support: MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV,FLAC to mention a few
• Up to 10 hours playing time using mp3
• LED: Flashing red-Charging (turns blue when charged) / Flashing Blue-stored media Playback (Steady when paused) / Green- FM

Dislikes:
- None so far

My experience with this player has been a very positive one. The Tayogo is a very versatile and well built product which does what it promises on the tin.

Note: The product has been kindly sent to me for evaluation by the seller

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 2 Dec. 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars great idea let down by its reliability., 12 Jan. 2015
Mr. D. Thompson "dan" (leeds) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tayogo 2014 Upgraded Waterproof Mp3 Player Headset Music Player, 8gb Memory Hi-fi Stero, Earphone for Swimming, Surfing, Running, Sports, Award-winning Design,comfortable Fashionable Rechargeable Longer Battery Time,Black (Electronics)
Hmmm mixed feelings on this item.

I was very excited about this as I dislike using my mp3 player whilst running and the earphones keep falling out and those earphones that clip behind the ear have awful sound quality and noise reduction.

So this seemed to solve all the problems.

The design and concept is very good - its comfortable and only over longer runs (approx 5 miles plus - that's longer to me!) does the force on your temples become irritating, at which point I move their position slightly or take it off for a while.

The earphones do not fall out whist running! - Hooray at last! that's a good point.

Plus the I was very impressed with the sound reproduction and noise reduction. Being a bit of music geek I like to hear my music properly and was prepared to be let down in this area - but in fact it was quite the opposite.The music really packs a punch and the detail is good.

Where the unit fails though is its reliability. I tried to return it but was not allowed as it was after 4 weeks - but the unit kept switching itself off after every 3 songs. It wasn't the battery as it would always switch back on but it meant I'd have stop my run and fix it myself. When I got it back on it would then return to the point I was at before meaning I'd only be able to listen to those same songs again. Sometime its last longer than 3 songs - but it almost inevitably switches itself off every time I use it.

This links onto the layout of the buttons - when you are running the buttons are on the back of your head - which isn't an issue, but the buttons are so close together its quite tough to accurately press the one you want. If they were more pronounced and spaced slightly apart it would be much easier to target the button you want.

So in design, concept and sound reproduction - full marks - but its let down on its interface and reliability.

If I could return I would as I don't know if mine is faulty or it is just cheaply made.

1.0 out of 5 stars Editing review after a month: disappointment, 23 Sept. 2014
It came in a very nice box, looks good quality product and it is as described. The battery has a good life, and I have used for many days during my sports practice. For swimming, I am still having some hard time to keep it inside my ears, it goes off very easily. Maybe my ears are too small for that, I don't know. But I am still trying to find a way. Just give me some more time and I update this review, saying if it was a metter of time or if it really doesn't fit well on me, when it is wet. Just one more thing: it came with 4 songs already in the memory, so I am afraid that maybe someone used it before me... But it looks quite new. Let's wait to see if in a while it keeps working well. But so far, so good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fully waterproof mp3 player, 25 Jun. 2014
KM (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
The Tayogo headband is a fully waterproofed mp3 player for use in most water based activities that permit as well as sport or leisure pursuits.

In the box you will find -

- The headband with the integrated 8gb mp3 player/FM Radio and earbuds attached
- 2 x sets of tri flange earbuds in sizes small and large for water based use
- 3 x set of the usual earbuds in small, medium, large
- On the go USB cable 30 inches long
- Instruction booklet

The headband (shaped like a pair if spectacles) is made from a tough flexible plastic with rubberised tips that clasp on to your head. At the ends you have the phones which are angled for a better more comfortable fit. The mp3 player is fitted into the middle. This is easily taken out by bringing the silicone tipped ends together. The mp3 player's USB end is protected by a rubber seal. The rubber function buttons on the player are -

- on/off power which is also the play/pause button
- next track
- prev track
- vol +
- vol -
- reset button

There is also a LED light on here.

The whole unit is IPX8 rated which means that the manufacturer guarantees that this device can be continuously submerged and will work upto 3 meters depth. So definitely safe for general swimming, beach use, in rain or even in the bath or shower!

In use -

Mine came as flat as a pancake so I put it on charge for 2 hours to fully charge it.

You just pop the mp3 player out and slot it into your USB port on your pc. It's basically a flash drive that can store and play the following music files-

- mp3, WMA, DRM, OGG, APE, FLAC, WAV, AAC-LC, ACELP

There was already six songs on this which I deleted. Especially the one called 'Boom, Boom, Boom' which definitely had the good old Casio VL-1 looping a beat in the background (remember them?) Just using drag and drop I stored around 100 music files on this of different genres. The audio quality is good enough for what it is, definitely nice and clear and at full volume this was well loud enough to block out any external sound.

Waterproof-wise I have submerged it in a bucket of water (pic uploaded) and it worked perfectly afterwards whilst wet plus this player does float! So if you do happen to drop it in the surf whilst on holiday it should be pretty easy to retrieve as it won't sink! Also as a glasses wearer I still found this comfortable enough to wear with my glasses on.

For me the FM radio was poor and I could only pick two channels up which were audible - Radio Merseyside (my local station) and Radio one. But I wouldn't buy this for it's radio function as it has no designated aerial so you know it isn't going to work well!

This sports, water based activities mp3 player is perfect at what it does - playing pre loaded music in any conditions. It's tough, durable and definitely fully waterproofed. Fit for purpose.

This headband mp3 player was kindly sent to me for review purposes.

Recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Night swimming, 13 July 2014
Amazon Customer - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
I had tried a leading brand of MP3 player for swimming last year but it was a false start and I couldn’t really get on with it from the get go, albeit after giving it away I was conscious that it may have been a habit thing. Sessions have therefore been spent counting lengths or (more recently as I have extended duration) thinking.

The offer of this this kit without charge for review purposes coincided with a situation where I have been finding my current schedule (a mile a session) more mentally gruelling than physically taxing. One problem I find with swimming is that its repetitive nature can cause me to lapse into an over reflective rather than relaxed mood. I was conscious that distraction (by way of music or audio books) helps me to switch off and I had been mulling over trying out an alternative but hadn’t taken the plunge.

Designed to sit around the nape of the neck and over the ears, after a bit of adjustment I managed to achieve a comfortable and secure fit. Fortunately the headset frame is designed to be gently manipulated and it is now at the stage where I can barely feel I am wearing it. With almost 8GB capacity, I was able to drag across sufficient music files to accompany me on the three swimming sessions a week that is my current target. The unit is designed to be waterproof down to 3 metres (deeper than the pool I go to) and it floats should it ever come loose.

Land and water based earbuds are provided (a choice of three sizes for land and two for water). One thing to note is that the earbuds that are fitted to the unit on arrival are designed for land sports; you need to swap across to a different type if the MP3 is to be used for swimming. I am always fussy about earbuds and have a history of not getting on with those supplied with players (from the days of cassettes!) or Bluetooth hands free; even the earplugs I use for swimming were the result of a relentless quest for something I could tolerate. In this case, I lucked out and was quite happy with one of the two water based pair of buds.

A fairly detailed instruction leaflet is included in the box, along with the USB needed to charge and transfer music across to the MP3 player. A red flashing light indicates charging is taking place and it took around 3 hours to achieve a full charge, which should last for up to ten hours of playback. I dragged and dropped music files onto the MP3 whilst it was charging.

The MP3 player itself is a small unit that clips into the centre of the band. You’ll need to familiarise yourself with the controls before use but it’s a fairly straightforward set of buttons that don’t take long to master. Sound quality is good although it can apparently be affected if water manages to get inside. Fortunately this hasn’t happened to me (yet) but if it does all is not lost as the headset just needs to be allowed to dry out again and will then be as good as new.

I am already finding that the companionship of music leaves me in a more upbeat frame of mind than when I was accompanied only by the splosh of water. I also hope it will help me to improve my distances, which to date has been limited by monotony rather than energy.

A useful companion that offers company but does not get in the way.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value and seems to work well, 19 Sept. 2014
This seems good so far for swimming. I use it for a 30 minute swim (front crawl) 4 days a week. The sound quality with music is better than I was expecting and the U it itself is comfortable on the head.
The controls are not intuitive to operate as there are no 'bumps' on individual buttons to aid location g them. That being said I am still able to adjust the volume and skip tracks without too much issue.
This MP3 player does not come with any case. It needs to have a carry bag of some sort because the potential is there to damage the short leads which come from the headband to the earbuds when transporting it.
For £29.99 I think this is good value and if you are u sure whether a music player for swimming will work for you then this is a cheap way to test the water. I'm very pleased I bought this.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love have music in my ear whilst swimming it is ..., 4 Nov. 2014
Enjoying this at the moment. Only had couple of days and second day it was making a noise but not connecting to the music but I am assuming that was the battery being little flat as hadn't charged it at that point. I have now charged it so hoping to be back on track with this tomorrow morning. I love have music in my ear whilst swimming it is so amazing to be able to completely tune out whilst in the water. I only wish I could make the people disappear and not just their noise lol.