5.0 out of 5 stars A Year at Mulberry Cottage .
I absolutely loved this , the latest instalment from Mulberry Cottage, wonderful descriptions , fabulous photographs throughout , it was a real treat to read , can't wait for more.
Published 8 months ago by Jean

3.0 out of 5 stars The Good Life
Published 6 months ago by Mrs C M Dickinson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Year at Mulberry Cottage ., 6 April 2014
This review is from: A Year at Mulberry Cottage (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars A very enjoyable read.leaves you wanting more.fantastic, 25 May 2014
This review is from: A Year at Mulberry Cottage (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book.I felt like I had visited this place and could see the hens and the changing seasons.I would defiantly recommend this book to anyone who loves the countryside.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Interesting Look At Country Life, 10 May 2014
This review is from: A Year at Mulberry Cottage (Kindle Edition)
This book provides an interesting glimpse of life in the country. The author uses words to paint a picture that makes the reader feel as if they are actually at the cottage. I enjoyed the stories about the chickens. I learned things about chickens I never knew (even though I once had a rooster for a pet). I loved the part when the chickens were cold in the winter and stood on the doormat by the back door, wanting to be allowed inside the warm house.

My favorite parts of the book were the stories about Molly the spaniel. Being a spaniel lover myself, I could identify with all of Molly's adventures. I felt sad when Molly started to slow down and didn't want to walk as much as she previously did.

The author describes her beautiful flowers and the garden in interesting detail. The beautiful color photos found throughout the book are an added bonus. My favorite photo was the one of the chicken in the snow.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves spaniels, chickens, flowers, or life in the country.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Good Life, 12 Jun 2014
This review is from: A Year at Mulberry Cottage (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book and read it in a couple of days whilst on a weekend away. It was a short book and it had the feel good factor, reading about someone who has moved to a rural community and the positives this brings with it. the descriptions of the seasons were good and she is clearly enjoying 'the good life' which I'm sure many would aspire to. I would have prefared it to be a bit longer. Maybe she will write a follow up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 26 May 2014
This review is from: A Year at Mulberry Cottage (Kindle Edition)
I've just read A Year at Mulberry Cottage and enjoyed it very much, it is very well written and I felt as if I was in the garden enjoying the flowers and chickens with her, I only wish the book was twice as long as I didn't want to finish it but I couldn't put it down either! I'm looking forward to reading her other books :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Heaven, 17 May 2014
Ann "Annie" (Northamptonshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Year at Mulberry Cottage (Kindle Edition)
My dream life expressed in such a lovely book, Will certainly read more of her books. Thank you very much

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely gentle read, 4 April 2014
This review is from: A Year at Mulberry Cottage (Kindle Edition)
This is a very relaxing read which I have read in 2 days. I consider myself a slow reader but in between caring for a family member who is poorly I was able to read either a full chapter or just a paragraph or two. I have always enjoyed reading about Victoria's hens on Facebook and, much to my delight, they get lots of mentions. I also enjoyed looking at the photographs.

4.0 out of 5 stars For Country Lovers, 10 Aug 2014
This review is from: A Year at Mulberry Cottage (Kindle Edition)
Have just finished reading this, the first of Victoria Connelly's books I've read. Having lived not far away from Mulberry Cottage when I lived in UK, and having lived on a farm, it made me feel very nostalgic for the seasons and sights she describes so beautifully! How well I remember walks on the farm, wearing similar clothing to that which she describes, on a crisp, frosty winter's morning.!!!!
For anyone interested in the countryside this is truly a 'must read'.
Now to read more of Miss Connelly's other books....

3.0 out of 5 stars A must for any gardener, 7 July 2014
This review is from: A Year at Mulberry Cottage (Kindle Edition)
An easy read which can be completed in an afternoon. Love the detail with regard to the plants and flowers. Have never had anything to do with hens but now appreciate what lovely additions they can be to a country garden - funny too. Only downside is the book is too short!

5.0 out of 5 stars We can relate to this family, 17 Jun 2014
This review is from: A Year at Mulberry Cottage (Kindle Edition)
We moved to the Cotswolds from a town. And this book could have been written for us. We could relate to what happened to this family and their adventures along the way. Highly recommend.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›