4.0 out of 5 stars Quite fast for a micro SD card, good value
I bought a few of the Evo Samsung micro SD cards to replace older small capacity cards
The ones I got were marked made in Korea and I have no reason to doubt they are genuine cards.

Published 3 months ago by Mr Baz

The Genuine cards are a good item .... But sadly there are too many Fake / counterfeit cards of this nature around .. Things to look for in a fake counterfeit card are .. Non genuine cards are made in "China" and do not possess the white paint around the outer edges of the Micro SD ..
The genuine card is manufactured in "Korea" ..

Take a...
Published 1 month ago by Mr. D. Elson

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite fast for a micro SD card, good value, 24 Mar. 2015
Mr Baz - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

There are 4 models in the Samsung micro SD card range the normal black (class 4), the Blue (rated at class 6 but it exceeds class 10) Orange Evo (this card rated at class 10) and the Grey "Pro" range which is the fastest model out there.

Samsung don't provide write speed specifications for the card, but they claim read speeds of up to 48MB/s
I tested the cards I got on a USB 3.0 card reader and got the following results:

Read speed: 46MB/s
Write speed: 15MB/s

Performance was decent for a class 10 UHS card this is a bit faster than the Blue class 6 card by about 4-5MB/s write speed (the biggest gain is read speed), but it's some way off the EVO grey card from Samsung (which has much faster speeds) For most users though the card is plenty fast enough for use in a phone or even a camera, though it's not a big jump over the model down from this. This card has resistance to temperature, shock, x-ray and water which adds a bit of confidence to longevity. It was however a bit slower than the Sony UHS Class 10 card which offers the same environmental protection and faster write speeds so I'd recommend that card if you need a bit more punch on the write times.

Overall though it's a decent card and priced at affordable levels

3.0 out of 5 stars Samsung 64gb Micro SD SDXC I "Good item if Genuine", Fake & Counterfeit item help ....., 10 May 2015
The genuine card is manufactured in "Korea" ..

Take a careful look at the SD adapter if you have one ... NON genuine Samsung adapters do not have the Samsung branding indent on the back reverse side of the SD adapter ...

Fake / Counterfeit packaging has spelling mistakes as well as an incorrect logo on the reverse of the packet stating SDHC I when in actual fact these cards are SDXC .....

Chinese characters on the reverse side of the packet instead of the guarantee period 10 years warranty ... as well as bad English language and miss-spellings are an obvious give away to fake & counterfeit items

If you suspect the item you have as being fake / counterfeit .. use H2testw.exe to examine the card ... when I did this to a fake one, I got the following report from it ... proving that it was rubbish and counterfeit .... Avoid buying from Ebay as most sellers peddle their wares on here !
With Ebay / PayPal you then you have all the hassles of dealing with PayPal and their pathetic returns night-mere procedure, in that you have to prove that you have been sent counterfeit / fake items .. "Guilty until proved innocent" mentality .. Ebay & PayPal SUCK !!!

The media is likely to be defective.
14.6 GByte OK (30783443 sectors)
46.8 GByte DATA LOST (98271277 sectors)
Details:0 KByte overwritten (0 sectors)
0 KByte slightly changed (< 8 bit/sector, 0 sectors)
46.8 GByte corrupted (98271277 sectors)
0 KByte aliased memory (0 sectors)
First error at offset: 0x00000003a06fa600
Expected: 0x00000003a06fa600
Found: 0x0000000000000000
H2testw version 1.3
Writing speed: 7.50 MByte/s
Reading speed: 9.15 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

1.0 out of 5 stars Be careful, some of these being sold are not Genuine, 5 May 2015
Be careful! I bought one of these (64GB) before Christmas. It's just been sat in my Tab3, hardly used. Bought a new mobile last week and decided to use it in there. When I copied over my pics & music etc they kept disappearing. After a few formats and trying on a different PC I got error messages. So as per the return's policy I contacted the manufacturer (5 year warranty) They replied asked for receipt etc and photos. They then got back to me and confirmed the card i purchased is not genuine! I have now spoken to Amazon who are going to investigate & get back to me. They have since created a return, it's ready to go back in the post for a full refund.
I bought mine off Amazon from a third party seller.
If you're buying be careful where from. Check they're feedback.
Genuine cards are provided with a specific type and structure of model name, serial number and country of origin printed on the back of the card.
If yours isn't like this you also have a non genuine card, don't trust it!

Here's what the Manufacturer said:

Thank you for your inquiry!
Unfortunately we cannot replace the card for you, as this is not a genuine card.
Genuine cards are provided with a specific type and stucture of model name, serial number and country of origin printed on the back of the card.
Please return the card back to the point of purchase!

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite fast and a fair price too, 24 Mar. 2015
Mr Baz - See all my reviews

Read speed: 46MB/s
Write speed: 15MB/s

Overall though it's a decent card and priced at affordable levels

1.0 out of 5 stars Make sure you get a genuine product..., 30 Dec. 2014
I've had to give this a one star which is unfortunate as I bet the genuine product is very good. Alas I didn't receive a genuine Samsung 64GB Micro SDXC. I bought two cards from ‘Stewie_SDs’ and have been having issues from day one. When loading data everything was fine until about 4GBs worth when everything loaded after wouldn't work/play etc. Files showed a ‘size’ but nothing would open/play. I first thought it was my new tablet however the SD cards also wouldn't work on my PC/netbook.

Reading some reviews about fake cards I downloaded an application (h2testw) to check out the performance of the cards. What I found got me really annoyed. Both cards could only hold 3.7GB of data, anything after that became corrupted (as verified by the h2testw results). I took the cards to my local Samsung retailer who confirmed that there were in fact not genuine Samsung products. They advised that:

1. The front orange/while print was of poor pixelated quality and the ‘Samsung’ logo wasn't printed straight;
2. The sides of the card should be the same white as the front print, the ones supplied to me had black sides;
3. Last but not least, Samsung manufacture their SD cards in Korea. One of the cards sold to me has ‘Made in Taiwan’ printed on the back (schoolboy error by the fakers there).

I'm currently in the process of returning the cards for a full refund and have been to a high street retailer to purchase a genuine 64GB card (happened to be PNY as they had no Samsung in stock).

My advice is that if you have concerns with performance/capacity use a tool like ‘h2testw’ and return items/contact sellers when things aren't upto scratch (bear in mind though the memory cards usually have slightly less usable memory than advertised due to formatting etc)

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems to work fine on my s5 in fact ordered 2 more for ..., 10 Oct. 2014
Seems to work fine on my s5 in fact ordered 2 more for tablets. Only mistake I made was to order just the micro SD instead of card and SD converter which is CHEAPER.! strange but true. The 1st card I ordered was also without the SD converter (which again would of been cheaper) but the supplier wasn't direct from Amazon so I went for just the micro SD card option mainly so I had peace of mind it wasn't a fake or have to deal with a 3rd party should I have to return etc but the other 2 cards I have ordered now are sold direct by Amazon which I failed to notice until I had already made the order. So all in all moral of story is.... Don't always presume.... Still happy but if I could order again I would of bought the SD card combo deal and would recommend this option. (get extra yes pay less) no brained.

1.0 out of 5 stars DOA, 9 Mar. 2015
I would expect better quality from Samsung, but to receive the item and it not even be recognised on 5 different products is simply unacceptable. Maybe I am being a bit harsh as from time to time, products are faulty, but why are they not checked before they are dispatched? It is a shame as I have always looked at Samsung to be a brand that you can trust.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung uhs-1 class 10 32gb micro sd card., 27 Sept. 2014
Mr. DJR. "DJR." (Greater Manchester U.K.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I bought this micro sd card to go into a little sports hd video & stills camera that I purchased on here,
I was a little apprehensive as the instructions for the camera said that it might have needed to be formatted first and as I have not done this before I was hoping that I would not have too.
I should not have worried though for as soon as I put it in the slot and powered the camera up it worked fine from the start, at the time that I purchased it this micro sd card was one of the cheaper ones compared to some more well known brands so it was good value & free postage on top too.
its worked fine so far with no glitches,
I have since bought a back up card (Samsung evo micro sd ) but this time 16gb.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very unreliable and failed after a few weeks., 16 April 2015
This card was really awful, from the day it arrived and I put it into my new phone it would last a few days then declare the card had become corrupted and needed reformatting which lost all my music and photos as well as the apps stored on it. This happened a dozen times or so before the card finally packed up completely and was no longer recognized at all. Buyer beware, this may be slightly cheaper than some other brands but that is by no means worth the misery it causes through being unreliable and failing quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsubg SD card does what ut says, 21 May 2014
AR Hume "MaK Hume" (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
Excellant value for money and does what it says on the tin. Well packaged and easy to use. Highly reccomended