3,789 Reviews
 (3,094)

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite fast for a micro SD card, good value
I bought a few of the Evo Samsung micro SD cards to replace older small capacity cards
The ones I got were marked made in Korea and I have no reason to doubt they are genuine cards.

Published 2 months ago by Mr Baz

1.0 out of 5 stars Be careful, some of these being sold are not Genuine
Published 20 days ago by FMChaos

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite fast for a micro SD card, good value, 24 Mar. 2015
Mr Baz - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

There are 4 models in the Samsung micro SD card range the normal black (class 4), the Blue (rated at class 6 but it exceeds class 10) Orange Evo (this card rated at class 10) and the Grey "Pro" range which is the fastest model out there.

Samsung don't provide write speed specifications for the card, but they claim read speeds of up to 48MB/s
I tested the cards I got on a USB 3.0 card reader and got the following results:

Read speed: 46MB/s
Write speed: 15MB/s

Performance was decent for a class 10 UHS card this is a bit faster than the Blue class 6 card by about 4-5MB/s write speed (the biggest gain is read speed), but it's some way off the EVO grey card from Samsung (which has much faster speeds) For most users though the card is plenty fast enough for use in a phone or even a camera, though it's not a big jump over the model down from this. This card has resistance to temperature, shock, x-ray and water which adds a bit of confidence to longevity. It was however a bit slower than the Sony UHS Class 10 card which offers the same environmental protection and faster write speeds so I'd recommend that card if you need a bit more punch on the write times.

Overall though it's a decent card and priced at affordable levels

1.0 out of 5 stars Be careful, some of these being sold are not Genuine, 5 May 2015
Be careful! I bought one of these (64GB) before Christmas. It's just been sat in my Tab3, hardly used. Bought a new mobile last week and decided to use it in there. When I copied over my pics & music etc they kept disappearing. After a few formats and trying on a different PC I got error messages. So as per the return's policy I contacted the manufacturer (5 year warranty) They replied asked for receipt etc and photos. They then got back to me and confirmed the card i purchased is not genuine! I have now spoken to Amazon who are going to investigate & get back to me. They have since created a return, it's ready to go back in the post for a full refund.
I bought mine off Amazon from a third party seller.
If you're buying be careful where from. Check they're feedback.
Genuine cards are provided with a specific type and structure of model name, serial number and country of origin printed on the back of the card.
If yours isn't like this you also have a non genuine card, don't trust it!

Here's what the Manufacturer said:

Thank you for your inquiry!
Unfortunately we cannot replace the card for you, as this is not a genuine card.
Genuine cards are provided with a specific type and stucture of model name, serial number and country of origin printed on the back of the card.
Please return the card back to the point of purchase!

1.0 out of 5 stars Make sure you get a genuine product..., 30 Dec. 2014
I've had to give this a one star which is unfortunate as I bet the genuine product is very good. Alas I didn't receive a genuine Samsung 64GB Micro SDXC. I bought two cards from ‘Stewie_SDs’ and have been having issues from day one. When loading data everything was fine until about 4GBs worth when everything loaded after wouldn't work/play etc. Files showed a ‘size’ but nothing would open/play. I first thought it was my new tablet however the SD cards also wouldn't work on my PC/netbook.

Reading some reviews about fake cards I downloaded an application (h2testw) to check out the performance of the cards. What I found got me really annoyed. Both cards could only hold 3.7GB of data, anything after that became corrupted (as verified by the h2testw results). I took the cards to my local Samsung retailer who confirmed that there were in fact not genuine Samsung products. They advised that:

1. The front orange/while print was of poor pixelated quality and the ‘Samsung’ logo wasn't printed straight;
2. The sides of the card should be the same white as the front print, the ones supplied to me had black sides;
3. Last but not least, Samsung manufacture their SD cards in Korea. One of the cards sold to me has ‘Made in Taiwan’ printed on the back (schoolboy error by the fakers there).

I'm currently in the process of returning the cards for a full refund and have been to a high street retailer to purchase a genuine 64GB card (happened to be PNY as they had no Samsung in stock).

My advice is that if you have concerns with performance/capacity use a tool like ‘h2testw’ and return items/contact sellers when things aren't upto scratch (bear in mind though the memory cards usually have slightly less usable memory than advertised due to formatting etc)

3.0 out of 5 stars Samsung 64gb Micro SD SDXC I "Good item if Genuine", Fake & Counterfeit item help ....., 10 May 2015
The Genuine cards are a good item .... But sadly there are too many Fake / counterfeit cards of this nature around .. Things to look for in a fake counterfeit card are .. Non genuine cards are made in "China" and do not possess the white paint around the outer edges of the Micro SD ..
The genuine card is manufactured in "Korea" ..

Take a careful look at the SD adapter if you have one ... NON genuine Samsung adapters do not have the Samsung branding indent on the back reverse side of the SD adapter ...

Fake / Counterfeit packaging has spelling mistakes as well as an incorrect logo on the reverse of the packet stating SDHC I when in actual fact these cards are SDXC .....

Chinese characters on the reverse side of the packet instead of the guarantee period 10 years warranty ... as well as bad English language and miss-spellings are an obvious give away to fake & counterfeit items

If you suspect the item you have as being fake / counterfeit .. use H2testw.exe to examine the card ... when I did this to a fake one, I got the following report from it ... proving that it was rubbish and counterfeit .... Avoid buying from Ebay as most sellers peddle their wares on here !
With Ebay / PayPal you then you have all the hassles of dealing with PayPal and their pathetic returns night-mere procedure, in that you have to prove that you have been sent counterfeit / fake items .. "Guilty until proved innocent" mentality .. Ebay & PayPal SUCK !!!

The media is likely to be defective.
14.6 GByte OK (30783443 sectors)
46.8 GByte DATA LOST (98271277 sectors)
Details:0 KByte overwritten (0 sectors)
0 KByte slightly changed (< 8 bit/sector, 0 sectors)
46.8 GByte corrupted (98271277 sectors)
0 KByte aliased memory (0 sectors)
First error at offset: 0x00000003a06fa600
Expected: 0x00000003a06fa600
Found: 0x0000000000000000
H2testw version 1.3
Writing speed: 7.50 MByte/s
Reading speed: 9.15 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant SD card, apparently the best of them all right now., 23 May 2014
I'm not usually one to review things but credit where credit is due, I think this SD card is a bargain at the price and the delivery was very quick indeed. I bought this card to put in my Samsung Galaxy s2 as it was full up and needed more memory, since I've put this memory card in my phone my phone is lightning fast I'm even contemplating buying the 64gig version too this memory card is that good.. It has super fast read and write speeds and it is a durable card too. I read that this is currently the best SD card available to buy now and I don't doubt that for a second it is superb. Easy 5 stars no question.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsubg SD card does what ut says, 21 May 2014
AR Hume "MaK Hume" (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
Excellant value for money and does what it says on the tin. Well packaged and easy to use. Highly reccomended

5.0 out of 5 stars Good genuine chip, 28 Mar. 2015
R. F. Stevens "richard23491" (Ickenham UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This class 10 EVO UHS-1 microSDHC card from Samsung tested out in H2TestW at 20.5 MByte/s write and 42.8 MByte/s read speeds with 30515 MByte of usable capacity. This test used the supplied adaptor in the SDHC card slot of a fast W7P laptop.
My sample is a good genuine chip which easily exceeds the UHS-1 and Class 10 requirements of a mere 10 MByte/s and it is now helping a Satnav to remember.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great card. As responsive as the built in storage., 25 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Samsung Memory 32 GB Evo MicroSDHC UHS-I Grade 1 Class 10 Memory Card without Adapter (Accessory)
Pros: Cheap, fast, reliable, and plenty more storage.
Cons: You can't get any more than 64GB.
Might be Cons: Same with all micro-SD cards: It's fragile. Do not ever EVER in your lifetime that you want to still use the card scratch the gold part of the card. It might advertise waterproof, dustproof, magnetic field proof but it will never be "no-connection-is-ok" proof!

Great card. Fast and easy to use. Unfortunately, KitKat doesn't allow android apps to modify the card anymore. So you have to manually put on stuff you want through your PC and get it off the same way. The default apps that come with the phone are not effected by this.

Recommendation: Connect the card to your PC (or Mac) and format the card as exFAT before using it. This will disregard the 4GB limitation that FAT32 has in which the card came by default.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent SD card that won't disappoint, if you can find a decent deal., 7 Dec. 2014
This is a really good memory card and while some might argue that the amazing read/write speeds and overall integrity of a quality card like this, from a quality name in the technology sector justify it's high price tag, I could not spend near £60 on 64gb of flash memory! The only reason I got this was because I was looking to up the memory available on my phone to keep the Android OS working at a decent speed as I was quickly running out of free space and it started to take it's toll on the optimum efficiency of my phone. I was lucky enough to catch this one during a Black Fruday lightning deal at £17.99 which is what you might expect to pay for anything of any quality between 16gb - 32gb.
It has returned my Z1 Compact to amazing speeds like it was when new, and I have it has taken on lots of different files from various sources without any snags.

1.0 out of 5 stars DOA, 9 Mar. 2015
I would expect better quality from Samsung, but to receive the item and it not even be recognised on 5 different products is simply unacceptable. Maybe I am being a bit harsh as from time to time, products are faulty, but why are they not checked before they are dispatched? It is a shame as I have always looked at Samsung to be a brand that you can trust.