2,462 Reviews
 (1,993)

5.0 out of 5 stars Review for micro SD card only (without adapter)
Published 7 months ago by Mihajlo

1.0 out of 5 stars Make sure you get a genuine product...
Published 2 months ago by O. Beal

5.0 out of 5 stars Review for micro SD card only (without adapter), 21 July 2014
Before purchase I’ve done a thorough research and read a lot of reviews regarding various user’s experience regarding speed, capacity and possible counterfeiting of (micro) SD cards. I have found that more than a fair share of customers have been taken for their money and left with counterfeit cards or cards that do not meet advertised read/write speed or capacity.

Since various speed test programs and benchmarks give very non-consistent results I have decided to approach this review from more hands-on real life time scenario and rate this SD from every day’s usage perspective and experience.

After installation and initialization my device recognized micro SD card without a problem. I’ve done initial formatting and was left with approx. 30 GB of free space. (Actual free space will vary depending of type of file system and some other “more than boring” technical details.).

Instead of driving the micro SD card through various benchmark programs I have chosen to test it in real life scenario of recording and playback of one hour of full HD 1080p video. The micro SD card performed admirably. There was no delays, both recording and playback were smooth and without any glitches. The other tasks that I have successfully performed included bulk copy/paste of music and photo files from main memory to micro SD card and back. All of the tasks were completed successfully.

For all those concerned about counterfeits, I bought this product from “Locoisle777” shop and received a genuine Samsung Evo 32GB micro SD card (Made in Korea).

5.0 out of 5 stars Xbench result 63.45, 16 Feb. 2015
These are the Xbench results (2012 Macbook Pro with Retina)
32GB model
Uncached Write 47.18 4.99 MB/sec [4K blocks]
Uncached Write 109.03 34.90 MB/sec [256K blocks]
Uncached Read 1412.33 10.01 MB/sec [4K blocks]
Uncached Read 228.29 42.36 MB/sec [256K blocks]

5.0 out of 5 stars BE CAREFUL OF FAKES ON EBAY. Fake cards do not perform at the quoted speeds.or rated capacity, 24 Feb. 2015
There are cheaper micro SD cards out there, but I choose this one for the following reasons:
1) It is SOLD & FULFILLED by Amazon so less chance of buying a fake.
2) Its waterproof, rugged and durable which perfectly compliments for usage with my [also waterproof] Samsung Galaxy S5.
3) Samsungs established reputation and my previous experience of their reliable products

CrystalDiskMark Benchmark Results [screenshots attached]:
Sequential Read: 19.86 MB/s
Sequential Write: 17.19 MB/s

These have approx 60% faster write speeds than previous [2013] model black Samsung class 10 micro SD cards.
Full test results: http://www.evernote.com/l/AM5Ma8hx_tRNIr3XwjSVrpHY3ZuJMH650Ng/

1.0 out of 5 stars Make sure you get a genuine product..., 30 Dec. 2014
I've had to give this a one star which is unfortunate as I bet the genuine product is very good. Alas I didn't receive a genuine Samsung 64GB Micro SDXC. I bought two cards from ‘Stewie_SDs’ and have been having issues from day one. When loading data everything was fine until about 4GBs worth when everything loaded after wouldn't work/play etc. Files showed a ‘size’ but nothing would open/play. I first thought it was my new tablet however the SD cards also wouldn't work on my PC/netbook.

Reading some reviews about fake cards I downloaded an application (h2testw) to check out the performance of the cards. What I found got me really annoyed. Both cards could only hold 3.7GB of data, anything after that became corrupted (as verified by the h2testw results). I took the cards to my local Samsung retailer who confirmed that there were in fact not genuine Samsung products. They advised that:

1. The front orange/while print was of poor pixelated quality and the ‘Samsung’ logo wasn't printed straight;
2. The sides of the card should be the same white as the front print, the ones supplied to me had black sides;
3. Last but not least, Samsung manufacture their SD cards in Korea. One of the cards sold to me has ‘Made in Taiwan’ printed on the back (schoolboy error by the fakers there).

I'm currently in the process of returning the cards for a full refund and have been to a high street retailer to purchase a genuine 64GB card (happened to be PNY as they had no Samsung in stock).

My advice is that if you have concerns with performance/capacity use a tool like ‘h2testw’ and return items/contact sellers when things aren't upto scratch (bear in mind though the memory cards usually have slightly less usable memory than advertised due to formatting etc)

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the best buy at present, 11 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Samsung Memory 32GB Evo MicroSDHC UHS-I Grade 1 Class 10 Memory Card without Adapter (Accessory)
This is an excellent card. Well made, works well and is pretty fast. Environmental specifications are also excellent.

I replaced and old Sandisk Ultra with this and it is better in every way.

I run a quick test comparison between this card and another excellent and better priced 32 GB card made by Qumox, which can also be found on Amazon.

On an Hudl 2 tablet, which is deceptively fast machine, this card outperformed the Qumox equivalent, being nearly 26% faster in write speed and over 70% faster read speed. Both are more than fast enough for full HD viewing and recording.

However an older Galaxy Tab 2 would extract similar performance out of the two cards.

Both cards are very good. On older machines one can find better options, but this Samsung is possibly the best buy for modern devices in my view.

Unless recording in 4K there is no need for anything faster.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, 6 Jun. 2014
Going to buy a couple more of these for my tablet and my partners phone. Excellent product. Isn't a fake like others I have bought. A star product

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake card with only 4GB space was sent., 6 Jan. 2015
Packaging and the card say 64GB, card reports 64GB when plugged in, but only has 4GB of space, so older files get overwritten and can't be read again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsubg SD card does what ut says, 21 May 2014
AR Hume "MaK Hume" (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
Excellant value for money and does what it says on the tin. Well packaged and easy to use. Highly reccomended

5.0 out of 5 stars As expected arrived on time. Bought this Evo for ..., 4 July 2014
As expected arrived on time. Bought this Evo for my Sony QX10 and works perfectly with fast transfer speeds. For under £14 it was a bargain

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 July 2014
Great product, arrived promptly.