2,936 Reviews
 (2,384)

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the best buy at present
This is an excellent card. Well made, works well and is pretty fast. Environmental specifications are also excellent.

I replaced and old Sandisk Ultra with this and it is better in every way.

Published 4 months ago by Alvis

1.0 out of 5 stars Make sure you get a genuine product...
Published 3 months ago by O. Beal

1.0 out of 5 stars Make sure you get a genuine product..., 30 Dec. 2014
I've had to give this a one star which is unfortunate as I bet the genuine product is very good. Alas I didn't receive a genuine Samsung 64GB Micro SDXC. I bought two cards from ‘Stewie_SDs’ and have been having issues from day one. When loading data everything was fine until about 4GBs worth when everything loaded after wouldn't work/play etc. Files showed a ‘size’ but nothing would open/play. I first thought it was my new tablet however the SD cards also wouldn't work on my PC/netbook.

Reading some reviews about fake cards I downloaded an application (h2testw) to check out the performance of the cards. What I found got me really annoyed. Both cards could only hold 3.7GB of data, anything after that became corrupted (as verified by the h2testw results). I took the cards to my local Samsung retailer who confirmed that there were in fact not genuine Samsung products. They advised that:

1. The front orange/while print was of poor pixelated quality and the ‘Samsung’ logo wasn't printed straight;
2. The sides of the card should be the same white as the front print, the ones supplied to me had black sides;
3. Last but not least, Samsung manufacture their SD cards in Korea. One of the cards sold to me has ‘Made in Taiwan’ printed on the back (schoolboy error by the fakers there).

I'm currently in the process of returning the cards for a full refund and have been to a high street retailer to purchase a genuine 64GB card (happened to be PNY as they had no Samsung in stock).

My advice is that if you have concerns with performance/capacity use a tool like ‘h2testw’ and return items/contact sellers when things aren't upto scratch (bear in mind though the memory cards usually have slightly less usable memory than advertised due to formatting etc)

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the best buy at present, 11 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Samsung Memory 32GB Evo MicroSDHC UHS-I Grade 1 Class 10 Memory Card without Adapter (Accessory)

I replaced and old Sandisk Ultra with this and it is better in every way.

I run a quick test comparison between this card and another excellent and even better priced 32 GB card made by Qumox. Please refer to that review for the details. Both can be found on Amazon.

On an Hudl 2 tablet, which is deceptively fast machine, this card outperformed the Qumox equivalent, being nearly 26% faster in write speed and over 70% faster read speed. Both are more than fast enough for full HD viewing and recording.

However an older Galaxy Tab 2 would extract similar performance out of the two cards.

Both cards are very good. On older machines one can find better options, but this Samsung is possibly the best buy for modern mobile devices in my view.

I do use faster cards on my professional Nikon camera equipment, but unless recording in 4K and for practical use in mobile devices I don't think there is great need to spend more money for anything faster.

Note. There seem to be fake models of this card sold by some suppliers. My purchase was from Amazon and I can only say that I have no issues.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite fast for a micro USB card, good value, 24 Mar. 2015
Mr Baz - See all my reviews
(#1 REVIEWER)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)
I bought a few of the Evo Samsung micro SD cards to replace older small capacity cards
The ones I got were marked made in Korea and I have no reason to doubt they are genuine cards.

There are 4 models in the Samsung micro SD card range the normal black (class 4), the Blue (rated at class 6 but it exceeds class 10) Orange Evo (this card rated at class 10) and the Grey "Pro" range which is the fastest model out there.

Samsung don't provide write speed specifications for the card, but they claim read speeds of up to 48MB/s
I tested the cards I got on a USB 3.0 card reader and got the following results:

Read speed: 46MB/s
Write speed: 15MB/s

Performance was decent for a class 10 UHS card this is a bit faster than the Blue class 6 card by about 4-5MB/s write speed (the biggest gain is read speed), but it's some way off the EVO grey card from Samsung (which has much faster speeds) For most users though the card is plenty fast enough for use in a phone or even a camera, though it's not a big jump over the model down from this. This card has resistance to temperature, shock, x-ray and water which adds a bit of confidence to longevity. It was however a bit slower than the Sony UHS Class 10 card which offers the same environmental protection and faster write speeds so I'd recommend that card if you need a bit more punch on the write times.

Overall though it's a decent card and priced at affordable levels

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsubg SD card does what ut says, 21 May 2014
AR Hume "MaK Hume" (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
Excellant value for money and does what it says on the tin. Well packaged and easy to use. Highly reccomended

5.0 out of 5 stars EVO Evolution, 12 Jun. 2014
Antoine Camilleri - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
Following the huge success of the Samsung EVO Solid State Drives, it probably made sense carry on the name to this MicroSDHC card.

The 4-proof technology:
------------------------
- Waterproof: Can survive up to 24 hours in SEA water
- Temperature Proof: Endures operating temperatures from -25 ºC ~ 85 ºC
- Magnetic Proof: Content is safe from strong magnetic fields
- X-ray Proof: Airport X-ray machines do no damage

The Samsung EVO micro SD card delivers on its promises, offering blazing fast read/write speeds. Add the 4-proof technology to that, factor in the price, and you have a clear winner!!

A superb card at an awesome price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant SD card, apparently the best of them all right now., 23 May 2014
I'm not usually one to review things but credit where credit is due, I think this SD card is a bargain at the price and the delivery was very quick indeed. I bought this card to put in my Samsung Galaxy s2 as it was full up and needed more memory, since I've put this memory card in my phone my phone is lightning fast I'm even contemplating buying the 64gig version too this memory card is that good.. It has super fast read and write speeds and it is a durable card too. I read that this is currently the best SD card available to buy now and I don't doubt that for a second it is superb. Easy 5 stars no question.

4.0 out of 5 stars No adaptor, 4 July 2014
The card is great, does what it says on the tin and all that jibber jabber, however, the adaptor didn't come with it. A relatively minor detail if you have a spare but it stops it from getting a five.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, 20 Feb. 2015
Hairy lip (uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I was concerned by the sheer amount of fake cards flooding the market at the moment, where you pay for a 32gb card, it is all dressed up like a 32gb card and when you try to use it you then realise that you have been sent a 4gb. The card I bought was definitely a 32, just like it was supposed to be.
The card had worked well and data transfer has been smooth and without problem. I have been using it in a camera on my bike and it has been great, I have absolutely no complaints at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars great card at a great price from amazon direct and ..., 14 Nov. 2014
great card at a great price from amazon direct and not any other online retailer so I knew it wasn't a fake.
Done a h2testw scan and it was good size and speed as stated.
Being a sdxc it comes in exfat format and my dash cam (ambarella 0803) wouldn't recognise it.
loads of free programs on the net like smartdisk to format card to fat32 format , only takes a few mins.
Have used it and it does what its meant to just cycling loop record day in day out no probs

5.0 out of 5 stars Helped to speed up my Samsung S5, 27 Feb. 2015
Mark Reid (Ayrshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Got that dreaded message on my Galaxy S5 that I was running out of space and, expecting to find that I still had at least a couple of GB left, I checked to see how much space was still available on the 'phone, and it was just under 500MB. Usually stick to Sandisk or Lexar for cards, but I figured I'd give Samsung a shot since this was going into one of their 'phones and I wasn't disappointed.

First thing I did was to move over all photos and videos, which took around 4 minutes (around 6GB of data) using a USB 2.0 card reader on the PC, and once I had it mounted in the 'phone I moved over whichever applications were allowed to reside on the card. Since then I've noticed that I get around six hours of additional usage from each charging cycle (although I'm not entirely sure why) but the 'phone itself is so much faster than it was before, presumably because there's only core applications running on the device itself now and it's not being over-congested by other apps.

Was really hoping to go for the 128GB but couldn't quite stretch financially, and I'm really happy with the performance thus far. Made a huge difference to the overall handling of the 'phone and it's good to know that any new photos and videos won't be pulling it down.