5.0 out of 5 stars Ticks all the boxes and then some.
Published 8 months ago by Mr. S. Kerfoot

3.0 out of 5 stars ok if you really like her voice
hubby likes it but not that mad on it. bought because he like 1 track and the others were alright
Published 5 months ago by J. Norton

5.0 out of 5 stars Ticks all the boxes and then some., 31 Mar 2014
Mr. S. Kerfoot (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Head Or Heart (Audio CD)
Christina Perri wasn't a name I was familiar with until last week. Amazon kindly offered a free preview of this album before release, and never one to miss an opportunity, I listened to Head or Heart. Then I reloaded it and listened a second time. Over the last week, when able, I've listened to this album about seven times, and each time it's grown on me. When I first heard it, I liked it, now I love it.

If you want to compare artists, Christina is a cross between Melody Gardot and Leslie Feist, and from hearing her full range here she's an equal to both in my opinion. This album has everything you'd want, from very tender moments to far lighter, brighter songs, all carried off with finesse and stunning clarity. Christina has a voice which will leave you wanting more, and no doubt pressing the repeat button.

Unlike many albums of late, this hasn't been over produced, and the freshness will put a broad smile on your face. I wouldn't change a single aspect of this album, and will be looking at buying this lady's previous CDs. And that's the beauty of having heard this album online, I know that when I play the CD the quality will be even better. So, thanks to Amazon for the free preview, but even greater thanks to Christina for producing an album which has songs for both the head and heart, and leave both the happier for the experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 4 April 2014
This review is from: Head or Heart (MP3 Download)
Absolutely amazing album with brilliant tracks,can't stop playing it.I loved the first album and this is just as good if not better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 3 April 2014
This review is from: Head Or Heart (Audio CD)
Christina Perri is an amazing talent - this album builds on Lovestrong which I loved - the songs are amazing - delivered superbly - I agree with other reviewers about the production - the best £9 you can spend right now - you must see her live - seen her live twice on the Lovestrong tour - touring UK in the autumn - I had her Lovestrong poster framed for my lounge- she is the real deal.

4.0 out of 5 stars She did it again!, 3 April 2014
J. Elkington "JadeLullaby" (Lincoln, Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Head or Heart (MP3 Download)
Another gorgeous and captivating album. A fantastic follow-up from 'lovestrong'. Personally some of the best tracks on this album are 'human', 'be my forever' and 'sea of lovers'. I suggest this album to anyone who is a fan of Christina's previous album or works or anyone new looking to broaden thier musical taste.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 2 April 2014
SM (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: Head Or Heart (Audio CD)
This is the first cd I have owned by Christina Perri, and I wish that I had discovered her music before. It is really really good!

I was hooked from the very first song "trust". Pretty emotional stuff and it was one of those rare songs that really got to me. The album has a more than fair share if beautiful ballads which I love, but the whole thing feels fairly upbeat when you've finished listening.

I'd really recommend this album and will be looking forward to future releases.

5.0 out of 5 stars Courageous, 7 Oct 2014
This review is from: Head Or Heart (Audio CD)
'Production' is an overused terminology in critiquing albums; primarily because in recent years production has become more defining of recorded music than talent.

With this backdrop, I find 'Head or Heart' utterly refreshing - it is real.

Perri's genius stems from treating her personal experience as meaningful, and then having the courage to make herself vulnerable to the whole world with her creative expression of it.

I heard 'Thousand Trees' for the first time in Cafe Nero <48hr ago. I scribbled down the lyrics so that I could find out who wrote them.

Upon listening to her catalogue (inc her pre-signed self recorded YouTube songs - which she smashes!) Christina became my favourite contemporary singer songwriter with an uncanny immediacy.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok if you really like her voice, 11 July 2014
J. Norton "julia2469" (uk) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 16 Jun 2014
This review is from: Head Or Heart (Audio CD)
Its a good follow up to her first album, but its not as good. It takes a couple of hearings to get it. But it is a good album.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 14 Jun 2014
This review is from: Head Or Heart (Audio CD)
Her last cd was the best of that year and again this one is growing on me and has a few excellent singles

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 13 Jun 2014
This review is from: Head Or Heart (Audio CD)
Have played this album over and over - am in danger of wearing it out! Def her best album yet!

Head or Heart