on 21 March 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, it is very detailed and covers a wide range of problems faced by most people who meditate/interested in meditation. The early chapters on the benefits of meditation gives you scientific research studies to highlight the benefits of meditation. There is also a historical perspective, outlining the history of meditation plus I found it fascinating to read about the bio-chemical changes that occur when you meditate.

Another section I particularly found useful was the chapter on the 8 different meditation techniques from the various meditation traditions I never knew the Buddhist tradition classified food according to yin and yang qualities ---the book is full of golden nuggets to help you along your meditation journey. Ohhh, I forgot..the thirty day meditation schedule is brill. Thank you.
on 19 March 2014
This book was a wonderful read. I genuinely believe this is the only book you'll need if you're looking to start doing meditation for whatever reason in your life. It goes into tremendous detail about the background, the health benefits, the influence on your emotional stability, type of direction you want to create in your life and your general well-being that meditation can bring you. You'll hopefully find just as I did reading this book, that it creates a stillness and a wonderful feeling inside you as you take in what This book guides you through. And as the book says is very much about forgetting yesterday and just being present in the now. I really recommend that you grab it.
on 18 March 2014
Like most people like myself, liveving a busy life brings its steffess and worries and this is a great book which teach deffienrent techniques which are easy to follow to relax and mediadte. Its packed with great information and i like the way the book has been divided in easy to follow chapters.,