on 31 March 2014
This wasn't a bad story but it jumped about a lot and lost coherence at times. I like the characters and the central plot but better editing would have vastly improved the flow of the story and made it more readable.
on 26 March 2014
Have read better but also read worse. Found myself skim reading through places, didn't really grip me it was just ok.
on 31 March 2014
3 1/2 STARS

This intriguing paranormal romance is full of laughter and romance that makes the reader feel good. Fox shifter Violet Larue needs to find a mate before she goes absolutely nuts. When she’s convinced to attend the local cage fight, she finally finds the bear for her. Muscled, inked up and one of the most dangerous fighters in the world, “Crag” Morgan catches a glimpse a redhead with eyes that make his heart skip a beat in the crowd and vows to do whatever it takes to claim her… forever.

This steady to fast paced plot keeps readers well entertained with suspense, action, humor and romance. The author paints a vivid picture of the story and characters that make the reader feel as if they are part of the story and really know the characters. The characters are strong compelling characters with lots of quirky personalities that grab the attention and charm the reader. The tension builds throughout the story as Crag tries to find a way out of his situation and also as young girls come up missing and it seems to follow the fighting events.

The attraction between Violet and Crag radiates from each and every page and the sex scenes are hot and steamy with the relationship being the center stage of the plot. The romance progresses with some emotional angst, but mostly with lots of chasing and humorous moments that leaves the reader with a happy feeling.

Jamesburg is the setting for a whimsical and charming group of shifters from all walks of life. Each characters personality resembles their animal making each and every stand out and causing quite a few chuckles. Although, I found the story to be a tiny bit choppy, it was an enjoyable read and the variety of characters also adds lots of spice to the story and the promise of future books to looks forward to and I can’t wait to read the next one.
on 9 April 2014
My Thoughts - 4 out of 5 Unicorns - I really liked it!!

The cover is sexy and awesome! It totally grabs my attention as a shifter lovin’ reader :)

This was such a fun and foxy read :) Violet is quirky, fun, and sassy. She is also quite hyper and has a thing for big bears. You definitely get an idea of all of her bad dates. You will love her date with Eustace…lol Her friend Henry is an awesome friend who is always trying to help her out.

Crag, what a name, sort of made him sound like a caveman. I totally fell in love with him and his back story.

I was totally entertained with this story :) I definitely laughed out loud and thoroughly enjoyed with whole story :) There is plenty of action with fights, potions, zombies, and so much more. Lynn’s writing and humor in this story worked wonderfully together. I have to go back and read book 1 because I want to read Erik’s story too!! The amusing part is I didn’t even realize that I already bought it…I’m such a book addict :) So look for that review in the future. And you can definitely read this story without having read book 1 yet because I didn’t feel like I was missing anything key except wanting to know more about Erik and Izzy :)

I recommend this story to my shifter lovin’ friends who want an entertaining action packed story with some humor mixed in.
on 18 March 2014
I love shifters and bears may have just become my favourite as I loved Crag in this wonderful new book by Lynn Red, the story and characters took you into another place where shifters and magic are real and among us.
Crag is the kind of bear that I wish I'd meet some day, although a cage fighter that is not who he is, and he has a wonderfully gentle heart and soul that comes out as soon as he sets eyes on Violet.
Violet has had her own problems, especially with men, but she does love bears and now she has meet a wonderful one, but don't worry she is not giving in too easily and is going to make him chase her, which will lead to some interesting encounters.
The secondary characters are all so alive, you really feel like you are part of the Jamesburg community, and I hope that there are many more books to come in the series as there are some wonderful people you meet along the way, starting with Jamie the werebat I can't wait to hear her story, I have to wonder what happens with Henry and Eustace, and Lex too.
If you love shifter romances then you will love this new addition to the pack.
I received a free copy for an honest review
on 16 April 2014
I thought this story was a bit week. Seemed like lots of possibilities for the stoyline but left me a little disappointed.
on 23 October 2014