5.0 out of 5 stars Funny & Feisty
Published 3 months ago by Linda CC

3.0 out of 5 stars An okay read
2.5-3/5

Published 19 days ago by Yvonne Leacy (The Shadow Realm)

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny & Feisty, 10 April 2014
This review is from: Dominic (Slater Brothers Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I really did like this book, it was quirky, sexy, sassy and fun with an air of danger to boot. The banter between the 2 main characters of Bronagh and Dominic is well written and very funny in places with some real good one liners! There were times when I wanted to slap Dominic, but I must say I really liked him in the end. I absolutely, loved Bronagh's character she was feisty, mouthy and in general bat shit crazy, what's not to like? The book also dealt with some deeper issues which I also found well written but very sad. Over all a good read. It won't appeal to every one, but if you don't like this kind of book then don't read it...simples. A good solid read, I look forward to the next book from L A Casey ;D

3.0 out of 5 stars An okay read, 13 July 2014
2.5-3/5

So I'm a bit conflicted on this book. On the one hand I liked it, it was interesting and kept my attention. On the other there were a lot of things I did not like, the main one being the two lead characters. Especially Dominic. He was just an out and out prick. Not because he curses a lot because I don't mind that at all, but because he was just an a-hole. I get that he's possessive and most of the time I don't mind that but Dominic just took it to a whole new level. He got so jealous and aggressive he would get into fist fights for the most ridiculous things. The only good thing about him that I could see was that he was good looking. Other than that I really don't know what Bronagh saw in him. He has some serious anger issues. And so does Bronagh. Granted I did like that she stands up for herself and doesn't let him push her around but the two of them get into so many fights it was insane. And I don't mean verbal. They actually got into a couple of physical fights. I just felt like their relationship was not healthy and I didn't understand why they were together. They weren't the only people who got into fights. The people in this book were so violent! It was really unnecessary.

Now there were things that I liked about the book. I enjoyed the secondary characters, especially the other Slater brothers. I think I will like their books more. Their back-story was interesting and I want to learn more about them all. I really want to read Damien's book. I loved him, he was such a sweety. This book was also quite humorous, there were many laugh out loud moments.

This is the first book by Ms Casey and although it wasn't perfect, I know that there are many people out there who will love it. I will continue to read the other books in the series and I hope I will enjoy them more.

(There were a tonne of grammatical errors throughout the book but because I received an ARC copy I will assume that these will be rectified in the final copy. This didn't affect my final rating.)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 26 Mar 2014
This review is from: Dominic (Slater Brothers Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I struggled to finish this. It started well, but as the book progressed, there was a complete lack of character development. This book consisted of shouting and arguing over nothing. I like alpha males and sassy females, but the characters in this book were immature and couldn't have a conversation without getting offended and abusing each other. Where was the part of the book where they got to know each other? This wasn't for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!!!!, 27 Jun 2014
This review is from: Dominic (Slater Brothers Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I was recommended this book by a friend and omg was not steered wrong i loved it from start to fin and was gripped Dominic was domineering and Brognagh very fiesty a must read for all.............!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 19 Jun 2014
This review is from: Dominic (Slater Brothers Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Was funny and a great storyline loved it! Well done L.A. Casey looking forward to the next Slater book :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 19 Jun 2014
This review is from: Dominic (Slater Brothers Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I want a Dominic.... I read this ages ago but realised I hadn't reviewed it. I'm one a few words... This was bloody BRILLIANT

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 28 April 2014
wow loved reading this book, cant wait for book2

great storyline
love the characters Bronagh and Dominic and i so fell in love with Dominic
great ending

5.0 out of 5 stars Irish tempers , sexual tension and trust issues!!, 22 July 2014
This review is from: Dominic (Slater Brothers Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Wow, Irish tempers, sexual tension and trust issues come together to make this book a truly compelling book to read!!
Brognah (Sassy, Hot and Fiesty) and Dominic or Nico (Sexy, Dark and Dominering) are wonderful main characters. I cannot wait to read some more of L A Caseys work. Thnak you L A Casey for a really hard to put down book!!

1.0 out of 5 stars lacked depth...., 20 July 2014
This review is from: Dominic (Slater Brothers Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Dont get me wrong i loved the characters but the way this book was wrote lacked depth! When there was a good story line it was easily resolved no going into it more in more depth things were easily sorted straight away. There was no suspense or heart stopping moments. This book has really good potential but was ruined!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, 28 May 2014
This review is from: Dominic (Slater Brothers Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Unrealistic, flat and boring characters.

The book is based in The UK but was overloaded with American terms/slang. An uncomfortable at best, I honestly wish I hadn't wasted my time and money.