on 14 May 2014
I absolutely adored the movie. When I watch a film - a small amount of my attention is fixed on the soundtrack and for me this one is perfect. Unlike Captain America: The First Avenger - this soundtrack is more darker and the almost electronic and in some places non-musical elements of the soundtrack suit the dark undertones of this outstanding film. I played it the first time and it caught me. I find that as I play it again and again - it is becoming almost strangely obsessive. Henry Jackman is a great composer and he captures the "feeling" of this movie in every note. "The Winter Soldier" is a great, dark and electronic track whereas "Captain America" takes a quiet, piece of music which sounds almost too modern (representing the new age our hero finds himself in) and builds quietly to a marvellous and understated piece of music - this track is not so much Captain America but represents more Steve Rogers ! A super track. The movie is an action packed brilliant film but becomes something more with dark, sinister and very thought provoking undertones. This soundtrack gets it just right. A worthy addition to Mr Jackman's resume and also a soundtrack worthy of being in The Avengers Universe. All soundtrack collectors should get this - but as I write - I cannot get it on CD here in the UK. Why oh why - as the art work of these albums are always worth that little extra expense.
on 28 April 2014
Brilliant brilliant soundtrack! Especially the track 'Captain America' 9 minutes of 'epicness' and 'End of the Line' is such a sad beautiful track!
on 10 March 2015
Does exactly what you'd expect, but Marvels biggest problem is a lack of thematic unity amongst their films, I couldn't really tell if this OST featured any themes from the first Captain America film.

Also, I don't think this was recorded by a proper Orchestra, it all sounds very... studio like, as if it's done all through computer instruments or something. Maybe it's just the way things are done nowadays but proper Orchestral recording always lends an atmosphere that this OST is sadly lacking.
on 3 April 2014
i love parts of this score, the more i listen to it the more it grows on me. it's definitely not like other marvel film scores, it doesn't feel like a super hero film score, but i think it fits the whole espionage thriller side of it. it's a shame it doesn't have a cd release
on 27 November 2015
Excellent soundtrack. A bit different to the usual marvel ones. Some unusual tracks. Compliments the films storyline perfectly.
on 19 May 2014
Great album sounds amazing can't wait till the film comes out! So good you know where each bit of the music is in the film
on 2 April 2014
I love the Marvel Cinematic Universe which includes the fantastic contributions to its musical backdrop provided by wonderful composers:
Ramin Djwadi
John Debney
Patrick Doyle
Alan Silvestri
Brian Tyler

However I feel Henry Jackman has dropped the ball with his soundtrack to Captain America: The Winter Soldier. His one saving grace is that he managed to work in a very small part of the Captain America fanfare from The First Avenger score by Alan Silvestri.

The problem with this soundtrack is it didn't grab me the way the punchy vibe of Iron Man 3 did, or the heroic feel that I get from the Avengers Assemble score or the powerful guitar riffs in Iron Man 2 (notably during the Monaco Grand Prix Suitcase suit up sequence in the film!)

The scores to all of the other Marvel films really evoke the feeling and power of a scene when listened to independently of the film, I'm sorry to say Henry's score doesn't work on the same level it's all too bland and on the same level, there aren't any dramatic rises and falls in the score nothing stands out.

Some might say that Marvel has shifted tone with Captain America: The Winter Soldier in terms of its storytelling and I would agree, the film is great and really opens up a lot of possibilities going into Avengers: Age of Ultron next year it is just a shame the score feels like it could have come from any old been there done that car chase type film.
I think it is quite telling that this soundtrack doesn't even have a CD release optioned and is only available as an MP3 download, something which irks soundtrack collectors like myself.

Fingers crossed the score for Guardians of the Galaxy in August is a return to form for the Marvel Cinematic Universe soundscape.
on 11 June 2014
Not that this is a terrible score, as another reviewer has said, it is good in parts. It has the feel of the first Captain America's score by Alan Silvestri score but without the style and flare. It seemed like the brief with this work was to follow the suspense element of the film and not give it a super hero feel, the lack of a solid motif or theme for Captain America is disappointing, all other scores from the Avengers series have good themes that the scores are based around, this does not. I am glad that it came out on CD at last, the download format for music is terrifying in how bad it can be, I have now added this to my score collection, more to complete the Avengers series but it will not be the most listened to. It is a shame because the film itself was excellent, I feel the best in the series so far, I hope Marvel make better decisions for the next film.
on 17 April 2014
Jackman is my favourite composer at the minute. He created the score for the KickAss movies, and now stepped up to replace alan silverstri, I will admit it took some getting used to but after several listens to it is actually quite spectacular