4.0 out of 5 stars Really good read
Published 8 months ago by ElaineG

3.0 out of 5 stars A good idea
This story unfolded slowly with a few twist. Perhaps more time could have been spent on developing and expanding the exciting parts of the last few chapters.
Published 6 months ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good read, 6 April 2014
ElaineG (uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: See Me (Kindle Edition)
Seventeen year old Robyn travels with her parents and sister Cassidy to Ireland for her arranged marriage with McKale that she has always known will take place and, instead of taking a rebellious attitude as you might expect from a teenage girl in this day and age, has always looked forward to. It is a magical fairytale story that made quite a change from the books I usually read, but it somehow appealed to that part of me that, as a grown up woman, still likes things like Sabrina the Teenage Witch, and I really enjoyed the story.

It tells how she arrives and meets her future husband and adapts to life with him and his family. I won’t spoil the surprise by going into too much detail about them here, but it turns into a story full of charm, magic, drama and romance. However, there is a cloud on the horizon as someone very powerful wants McKale for herself and a tug of love then ensues.

We know there is going to be a Happy Ever After, this is a fairytale after all, but the fun is in getting to that HEA. It really made nice reading, and I especially enjoyed the parts of the book which showed the differences in culture. Robyn’s lifestyle is about to change completely and I would love to read more about how she does or does not adapt to her new surroundings and a way of life that is totally different from what she is used to. Similarly, I enjoyed the side story involving her sister Cassidy, and I would love to know what happens to her next. It would make a really nice sequel.

4.0 out of 5 stars Original, 21 April 2014
This review is from: See Me (Kindle Edition)
I found the book original, not for the topic, but for the nature of one of the main characters, and entertaining. Good enough to keep you reading for a long while.

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 20 April 2014
This review is from: See Me (Kindle Edition)
a look at the fair folk through fresh eyes and a sexy leprechaun, who knew ginger and magic could be this good x

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 10 Aug 2014
This review is from: See Me (Kindle Edition)
I brought this book as a holiday read... it was supposed to last the week, it lasted a few hours.
such a cute love story, I found myself giggling and crying at curtain parts of the book.
I am very much into vampire books, so the idea of lepracorns seemed silly to me. just saying, this book has completely changed my mind!

Poor little Rock, I was so upset with his fate. ah well, you can't have it all.

2.0 out of 5 stars Had potential, 13 Jun 2014
This review is from: See Me (Kindle Edition)
The concept behind this book and the depth it could have gone into were wasted at what could have been a great story if not series if nurtured properly. The "chickadee" terms of endearment didn't fit well with the overall feel of the story.

3.0 out of 5 stars A good idea, 7 Jun 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 9 May 2014
This review is from: See Me (Kindle Edition)
This book makes you think about love and that know one can take it away or make you love.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kept my attention., 22 April 2014
This review is from: See Me (Kindle Edition)
Interesting read, characters have depth, and well written.
Would recommend reading this.
I found the relationship between McKale and Robyn refreshing, relationships take work, I liked that it wasn't 'love at first sight' or 'plain sailing because they were just meant to be' I find that type of love story highly predictable and tedious. This however was like a breath of frets air especially Rock - can i have one of him please? :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Did not dissapoint, 19 April 2014
This review is from: See Me (Kindle Edition)
Wonderful, exciting story by Wendy Higgins. A must read for all of her fans. I hope she does a sequel !!

5.0 out of 5 stars sweet and perfect, 18 Mar 2014
This review is from: See Me (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book and I'm loving this author's style of writing. Once I start reading I find it hard to stop.

See Me's story and characters sucked me right in and I love the relationships in the book. The characters seem to act natural and realistically so the story moves along nicely. I don't want to let any spoilers slip but I think McKale and Robyn are perfect and I even wish I had a sister like Cass.

I actually really liked the way it explained the set up and the layout of the land/magical world and I loved the little olden times bubble.

Now I want to know what happens next? I would love to read more about these characters.

See Me