on 22 July 2014
I bought this to replace the older PortaPow 2.5A quad. That performed well for our whole family for over a year before I gave it to my son, who is still using it without any problems.

The newer product is smaller, more flexible, more convenient and has more discreet lights.

It charges the family's two Samsung Galaxy Note IIs and an S3 more quickly that any other charger we have. There is no noise/heat dissipated when the charging devices remove their load (other chargers do that). Seems to be a good design, like the previous PortaPow.

I've not had it long but first impressions are very good. Highly recommended.
on 27 April 2015
I deal many phones during my work, most of the come in uncharged. Used to drive me up the wall having to wait for each phone to charge.
Solution:
Got this, Charges everything perfectly and is surprisingly small. The fast charge port on it charges very very fast.
Also, the charge indicator lights are so useful as with some phones when the battery is well and truly depleted, it can take several minutes of charging before you get any on-screen indication it is charging but at least from the indicator lights on the PortaPow you can tell that it is indeed taking charge rather than having to play the waiting game to see if the phone is slow to charge or simply broken.
on 7 June 2015
We go abroad a lot and require power adaptors for phones , laptops etc.
We have purchased a few in our time but found them to very clumbersome and not very functional in what we want.
We recently purchased this item as we where going abroad and the write ups where very good.
What a fantastic bit of kit, small but powerful.
The selection of the GB plug and various European plugs is superb and you simply swap them round to suit your requirements. The plugs are locked into place and stay rigid. When not required you just disconnect the plug and you have an unit that just sits in your pocket. I kept the box as everything fits in perfect and store it in our travelling bag.
What I liked is the individual light colours which tells you what is charging or has charged.
It's not noisey at night like some of the ones we bought and if you are not happy with the lights glowing, just cover it over.
Hope this helps anybody but I would definately recommend this item. It's a little bit more costly than some of the plugs available, but you pay for what you get.

Cheers
Jupiler
on 4 April 2014
It’s strange how worried people seem to be over LED’s the brighter the better, but agree with the other buyer if your worried about it lighting up the house you will be OK.
It charged my iPad Air in about 7 hours fully from 1% battery life, I have Portapow’s previous charger as well, very nice products indeed.
on 8 July 2015
I take this with me everywhere. The adapters have proven most useful on my adventures in europe, and the ability to plug in more than one device means you can charge the whole of your family with just one device. Although, be careful when charging children, they tend to have long lasting batteries which can be exhausting for parents and other family members.

The lights are very useful when telling when a device has finished charging, but they are very bright in a dark room. I have to cover them when sleeping, as they prove quite distraction. Also, I haven't used a charger that charges my phone faster than this one. I'm more than happy.
on 20 May 2015
I’ve had 4 of these chargers now. One got stolen and someone ended up with a better charger than they had hoped for. One stopped working, although I suspect it just overheated and popped the thermal fuse, which is usually found wrapped against the transformer coil and so I bought another 2, one for home and one I keep at work.

I’ve lost count how many chargers I’ve had for various devices over the years. Recently I had been using a 1 Amp Mu folding charger. These are great chargers and fold neatly and slip into a pocket with none of the pins poking out and digging into you, unfortunately, they have a UK only pin configuration. When I heard Mu were working on a new international model, I made a pledge on Indiegogo for one. These are still in production, but will feature either 2 USB sockets at 1 Amp or a single USB socket at 2 Amps.

I started looking for an international charger that could charge at least 2 devices and I found these. Not only do they charge 4 devices at once and have a 5 Volt, 4.2 Amp output, they are tiny and you can quickly swap the pin plate with any of the 4 that come supplied. Just swap out the plate for the country supply you need and you’re good to go.

They don’t come with any charging cables, so you’ll either have to buy some to go with the charger, or use the cables that came with your devices.

I’ve taken one of these chargers everywhere I’ve been abroad. I check the country power requirements and pin configuration and take the pin plate that I need, although they are small enough that you could take all 4 with you and they won’t take up much room. So far I’ve had 3 devices connected before, although it’s usually just my phone and my tablet. I’ve found that the devices charge quicker with the PortaPow than with most other chargers I’ve used. Just make sure you use good cables as this is often more of a factor than anything else.

If you’re looking for a good small charger that you can use while travelling, can charge 4 devices at once, features a dedicated iPad socket that will still work with all your other devices.. I highly recommend buying one of these. They're well worth 13.49 of your finest pounds!
on 24 September 2014
Keep this in the car so I have it wherever I go. Bought it as I came to the realisation that not all USB cables or USB chargers/receptacles are equal, and some charge MUCH faster than others. This really does increase by some margin how quickly I can charge my phone when visiting family or friends. It's a bit big and brutal in terms of portability, not a problem if used in a stationary place as a family charger in the home though. For my use-case of having it on-the-go though it means me carrying it in the supplied packaging in the collapsed form (the socket part and the adapter part can be separated to use different international socket types which come supplied rather handily). Build quality is fairly decent and as I have various PortaPow products now I've come to trust the brand's equipment (I also have various car chargers, charge-only cables, etc).
on 20 February 2015
Great idea but stopped working after a few months. Need to send back to get a replacement but to be honest too much bother and it's going to cost me.
on 29 September 2014
Product stopped working within first month of use.
on 17 January 2015
This is a handy charger, it has connectors to adapt it to Europe, Asia, Australia and USA and 4 outlets. It has four pretty lights that also indicate when charging is complete. (Be aware the lights are pretty bright in a dark bedroom though). However, since getting an Aukey intelligent usb charger, I have dropped a star from this and no longer recommend it unless you really want the different plug adapters and dont care about quick charging. It is not really about the use of a quick charge data cable, I have one of these now and it seems to make little difference.

Look for a charger with Intelligent Auto or Quick charge technology. Even for non-quick charge phones, a quick charge charger is able to deliver much better current and much quicker charging times. Using the same cable I get 0.5 amp out of this and 1.2 amp out of my Aukey.[Qualcomm Certified]Aukey Quick Charge 2.0 54W 5 Ports USB Desktop Charging Station Wall Charger (AIPower 5V/7.2A+Quick Charge 12V/1.5A 9V/2A 5V/2A; Included a 20AWG 3.3ft quick charge micro USB Cable) -Black

I think USB chargers are full of pixies, they do not always do what they say they will, but I do not think it is always their fault, especially when it comes to apple products. I have not been able to get this to deliver more than an amp of charging to any of my devices, but it is a solid charger, charges more than one item without any problem. If you are struggling to work out why items will not charge, I also suggest you get a very useful charger doctor: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00LHBFINK/ref=cm_cr_mts_prod_img