5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, quality charger
I bought this to replace the older PortaPow 2.5A quad. That performed well for our whole family for over a year before I gave it to my son, who is still using it without any problems.

The newer product is smaller, more flexible, more convenient and has more discreet lights.

It charges the family's two Samsung Galaxy Note IIs and an S3 more quickly...
Published 1 month ago by abozo

3.0 out of 5 stars Solid charger with good variety of power plugs which will save you having ...
Solid charger with good variety of power plugs which will save you having to bring adaptors on holiday. However, I purchased it to charge my phone at the optimal speed which it does not do. With a single USB plugged in it outputs about 0.2A less than other chargers. This means my phone charges about 20% slower than alternatives.
Published 13 days ago by Ed

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, quality charger, 22 July 2014
This review is from: PortaPow Crystal 4.2A USB Universal Charger (Accessory)

It charges the family's two Samsung Galaxy Note IIs and an S3 more quickly that any other charger we have. There is no noise/heat dissipated when the charging devices remove their load (other chargers do that). Seems to be a good design, like the previous PortaPow.

I've not had it long but first impressions are very good. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality product at a resonable price, 5 May 2014
This review is from: PortaPow Crystal 4.2A USB Universal Charger (Accessory)
I needed a multiple charger to replace the 3 or 4 I have for each of my many gadgets. This provides more than enough power even when 4 devices are connected at the same time. Each triangle at the front of the charger lights up with a different colour and denotes when a device is charging. Once fully charged the light goes off and the device is then topped up when required. Another good feature is that the USB connectors are at the top of the charger, helpful in Premier Inns (and other hotels) where the sockets are so low you cannot always get a normal charger to plug in. Overall a great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Look No Further For A Charger, 4 April 2014
This review is from: PortaPow Crystal 4.2A USB Universal Charger (Accessory)
It’s strange how worried people seem to be over LED’s the brighter the better, but agree with the other buyer if your worried about it lighting up the house you will be OK.
It charged my iPad Air in about 7 hours fully from 1% battery life, I have Portapow’s previous charger as well, very nice products indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars This does a simple job - it charges devices. ..., 8 July 2014
This review is from: PortaPow Crystal 4.2A USB Universal Charger (Accessory)
This does a simple job - it charges devices. I need 4 sockets not to charge 4 things at once (I see others have issues with power levels for this) but more because I am lazy and need several cables plugged at once, and also because I want to use this on holiday instead of brining 4 adapters for USB and 4 adapters for the plug sockets (recent holiday to Spain).

It works very well in both jobs, I charge iPhones, fitbit and kindle using this with no problem at all - the led light on he front are a bit strange and don't seem to light up the way the instructions suggest, but I am not bothered by that at all - things still charge regardless.

Much handier than having seperated adapter for each device, and much tidier in the kitchen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little gadget, 27 Jun 2014
C Wainwright (Gtr Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PortaPow Crystal 4.2A USB Universal Charger (Accessory)
I've so far used it to charge an iPhone (3GS), an iPod Classic, an android phone (Moto G), an e-reader (Kobo) and a GPS unit (SatMap) in various combinations with no problems at all. Fairly light and compact as well - which, combined with the ability to charge 4 items at one time, is just what I needed for a long distance walking holiday when I'll have limited access to power points for recharging items (I've been told that having the ability to make a socket a multi-charging area means you're much more likely to get access to power), and the fact I can change the pins from UK to European before I go means I don't have to carry an adapter as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for travelling, 23 Jun 2014
H. Day (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PortaPow Crystal 4.2A USB Universal Charger (Accessory)
I had resorted to packing a 4 Gang extention into my case when travelling for ipad, 2 iPhones, wifi hotspot, wireless mouse etc. plus an adapter when abroad, but no longer, this has been brilliant. No need for an adapter when travelling as it comes with interchangeable plug formats.

Its ipad fast charge socket is a boost. Note you can't charge an ipad and 3 standard items at the same time, but 3 at a time or 4 without an ipad is fine by me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well designed and very effective, 12 July 2014
Aidan Fox (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PortaPow Crystal 4.2A USB Universal Charger (Accessory)
Very nice piece of kit. It is light, easily portable and very effective. I don't have an iPad, so haven't been able to check the 'fast' charging port, but I have had the unit charging three devices at once (two mobile phones and an external battery pack), and it performed superbly. I would definitely recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: PortaPow Crystal 4.2A USB Universal Charger (Accessory)
It does what it says on the tin.

The only minor drawback is. When two USB cables are connected, and only one has a device connected for charging, the indicator for the other occupied USB slot may lit as well. Which is a very minor fault. I could live with that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great replacement to free up some sockets!, 30 July 2014
This review is from: PortaPow Crystal 4.2A USB Universal Charger (Accessory)
Seems to work exactly as advertised. I have charged my iPad, two iPhones and a Kindle with this all without problem. The most I have had on charge at a time is the iPad and two iPhones and all three seemed to charge as normal.
Going to Spain for a week soon so the European adapter will come in handy. It also has two other adapters so looks like it will work pretty much anywhere!
I use this on my kitchen worktop and it has freed up some sockets. Because it is at chest height, it is easy to see the indicator lights and know when things are charged/charging/trickle charging.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality and fast charging, 23 Jun 2014
Mr. Guodong Li "Jelly" (Northern Ireland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PortaPow Crystal 4.2A USB Universal Charger (Accessory)
Bought it prior to the holidays in Turkey. It works perfectly. Very compact design. Good build quality. Charge Galaxy Note2, Xiaomi3, MiFi and Power bank at the same time.

PortaPow Crystal 4.2A USB Universal Charger