Published 1 month ago by Robbie

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Compatible - Does Not Work
Using the latest iOS software you get the 'not compatible' screen and it does not charge the device. I know the root cause is Apple's rapacious policies but shame on Amazon for selling a product as compatible when it clearly is not.
Published 12 months ago by K. J. Hard

5.0 out of 5 stars Testing the Syncwire - as good as the original Apple Lightning Cable, 28 Jun. 2015
This review is from: [Apple MFi Certified] Syncwire Lightning to USB Cable - Lifetime Guarantee Series - 3.3 ft / 1m for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5, iPad Air 2, Mini 3, iPod 5th generation, and iPod nano 7th generation - White (Personal Computers)
My pair of Lightning Syncwires arrived this week, but only just had time to test them. The build quality, materials and connector dimensions are very similar to the original Apple cable, but with an 'S' logo on one side of the Lightning connector. Somewhat strangely for a certified cable the manufacturer's instructions directed that the 'S' side of the connector should be facing up and not facing down. I tested both sides regardless.

Data Transfer Test:
- TX/RX data side 1 - PASS
- TX/RX data side 2 - PASS

Power Test Setup:
Apple USB Mains Charger - 10 Watt
iPad Mini 2 with 40% charge remaining, on full screen brightness, with wifi on and streaming BBC iPlayer.
Portapow Power Monitor V2

Syncwire cable results:
5.02 V
2.00 A
10.04 W

So there we have it - the Syncwire is as good as the original Apple Lightning Cable and is able to deliver the full 10 W / 2.00 A from the Apple USB charger. My 3ft Anker cable was not far behind at 1.94 A / 9.72 W.

As an aside some of my other 'Lightning' cables were shockingly bad at delivering current and are now in the bin. I also found that one of my aftermarket '2.5 amp' wall chargers can only actually deliver 0.97 amps, so that will be replaced at some point too. I am very happy with the Syncwires at just £5.99.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 14 Jun. 2015
I had some uncertified cables ordered but they broke and stopped charging! Researched why so I came to look for some cheaper certified ones and found this! Can't tell the difference between apple and this one and its this a third of the price and with lifetime warranty!! Also it charges my phone faster than an apple cable!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 28 Jun. 2015
Cable is well made and charges my ipad mini 2 and ipad air just exactly the same as the original. The extra length of the cable is really handy and allows you to use the iPads while charging them. A great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Cable, 21 Jun. 2015
I buy a lot of cables from HDMI, to micro USB and lightning connectors and my experience has been that cheap cables charge very slowly, and cheap HDMI generally the casing falls apart. A good rule of thumb is spend £8-12 and try and get nylon coated cables. These last longer and are better constructed. This is a very good cable. 10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cable, great price!, 9 Feb. 2015
This is a great cable! MFi certification is a guarantee to have no problems of any kind: it works perfectly with all Apple devices that adopt the Lightning standard without showing warning messages typical of low quality cables.
The cable looks almost the same as the Apple one: you can distinguish it only by the Syncwire's logo in the Lightning side of the cable.
About charging time and data transfer speed, I did not notice differences in respect to the original Apple cable.
The protective coatings near the Lightning and USB connectors are durable enough and they should ensure strong durability.
I also think that the lifetime warranty is a very important aspect: thanks to it, you will be sure that you will not have to spend your money again in a few months for a new cable.
Last but not least, the price: they cost half the original Apple cables; you can have two compatible and certified MFi cables at the price of a single original Apple cable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well built Lightning Cable which charges my iPhone!, 8 Jan. 2015
If you're anything like me, you'll have been suspicious of the many cheap Apple compatible cables for sale on Amazon.

I can see there's a number of "DO NOT BUY" reviews on this product, so I'm going to try it myself every day and see if I have any problems. I'll update this review if it breaks.
Update: 16th January - been using it every day, and so far it works a treat.

From what I can see, it's exactly the same as every other apple certified cable, and appears very well made. I've certainly no reservations whatsoever.

It's a standard 1 metre long black coloured top quality Apple iPhone/iPad charge cable with USB and lightning plugs. It works exactly as the Apple supplied cable, and I was able to charge up my iPhone without problems. Glad to see this also is Apple certified so you shouldn't expect any problems.

Unlike the 1 inch wide 30 pin connector, this is the new (small) "Lightning" connector which works with:-

* iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
* iPhone 5s, 5c, 5
* iPad 4th Generation, iPad Air and iPad Air 2
* iPad mini range (including original, 2 and 3)
* iPod 5th and iPod Nano 7th generation

Personally I've tested it out without problems on my iPad Mini, iPad Air and iPhone 6, and all worked flawlessly.

One final comment: It comes with a "Lifetime Warranty" - so you can be sure it will still work a couple of years down the line.

Disclosure: I was kindly provided this by the manufacturer to give an independent and unbiased review. Pleased to report it works well.

Highly Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 Jan. 2015
The quality of the cord is better than most others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Customer Service, 22 Dec. 2014
Great product, but also this company has EXCELLENT customer service to go with it. My cable stopped working after a years worth of daily usage and they replaced it immediately! Fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic quality, fantastic price, lifetime warranty, 30 July 2015
For the money you pay compared to the original Apple cables, this cable feels stronger, charges just as well and you get a lifetime warranty. Is there anythign negative you can say about the product? Absolutely not.

I purchased the 2m wire more as a second charger for downstairs, however, find myself using it all the time, downstairs and upstairs. As an Apple Certified product, it is definitely worth buying this cable over the poor quality 99p ones you can find that more likely than not don't charge your device/break in a week. Whilst you do have that Lifetime Warranty in case the cable does become faulty, the thickness and strength of the cable convinces me that I will probably not need to claim this warranty.

In terms of charging time, I haven't timed this and my original Apple cable, but feel this at least charges as quick as that cable, so save yourself the money and go with this cable, as I do believe it is better than the Apple cables

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the box!, 30 July 2015
After having purchased a number of charging cables, getting fed up by being tethered by the standard 1metre issue; I have finally found one that is robust and compatible with my iPad Air.
Other cables connectors are poor quality and don't last 5 minutes, neither is it satisfactory for my iPad telling me that the cable is 'not compatible' and 'may not work with this device'! Let alone waking up the next morning to find my "device", barely recharged at all. It doesn't appear to matter whether the device is switched on, or off either.
The 2m length is adequate for my needs and it does indeed charge 'lightening' fast. So much so, that I have made a second purchase and am much happier in getting the best from my iPad, whether on, or off charge. I just hope the cables last longer than my previous purchases and to date I have no doubt they will. The guarantee with the cable also offers some much needed reassurance too.