5.0 out of 5 stars Bon Jovi CD
To the fire
Secret dreams
Published 10 months ago by Deb

3.0 out of 5 stars Bubbling beneather the surface
This is the underdog of all of Bon Jovi 30 years of releases which has been more or less disowned by Jon Bon jovi which isn't fair looking back at it.

Published 16 months ago by G. M. Radcliffe

3.0 out of 5 stars Bubbling beneather the surface, 25 Mar 2013
This review is from: 7800 Degrees Fahrenheit (Audio CD)

I first heard this album 20 years ago after hearing Slippery When Wet, New Jersey, Blaze of Glory, Keep The Faith, Richie Sambora own solo ablbum and the debut album, so it was a forgone conclusion that I wouldn't like it.

However, 20 years later I have a lot of respect for their 2nd album. After many listens it one of their best. It has some tracks the sound unfinished 'In And Out Of Love', 'Price Of Love' and 'The Hardest Part Is The Night' (all three were singles), but it was some really strong songs though not to the level of their latter effort.s Only Lonely is a great track that gives the listener a hint of what Slippery wouldbe like. King of The Mountain and To The Fire are tribal in their beat whilst Tokyo Road, Always Runs To You and Secret Dreams are feel good uptempo rockers. The only ballad is 'Silent Night'

It's not Slippery When Wet but if you started with Bon Jovi: Bon Jovi its a worthy successor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bon Jovi CD, 29 Aug 2013
This review is from: 7800 Fahrenheit (Audio CD)
Traks on the album;
To the fire
Secret dreams

4.0 out of 5 stars The Temperature's Rising!!, 14 Aug 2009
D. LAZAR ""True Believer"" (Birmingham,England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 7800 Fahrenheit (Audio CD)
Ok, so it's not the album that brought us "Livin' On A Prayer" or "Wanted Dead Or Alive", but is it that far off?Well I for one think that it isn't.
Bon Jovi's 2nd album is an excellent slice of 80's hard rock/pop that stands against most bands albums of the same genre in the mid 80's.
Of course it does lack the maturity that Bon Jovi would develop later on, but it has the drive and determination that is so lacking on their later material.Yes it is a little dated in parts,but as a lot of people don't seem to understand, the world was a different place in 1985,it wasn't the PC cotton wool society that we live in now.Personally I would rather have my music with heart and soul rather than it being popular for being trendy,so for that reason I still think this album has a lot to say.
There are some stone cold Bon Jovi classics on here including "In & Out Of Love","Only Lonely" and "The Hardest Part Is The Night".
Another refreshing thing about this album is the great keyboard work from David Bryan.Now content to just do a bit of piano here and there, in these days he was actually a useful member of the band and even co-wrote some songs!Anyway to sum it all up,if you like Bon Jovi and just haven't got round to this album, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh well, 23 Dec 2010
This review is from: 7800 Degrees Fahrenheit (Audio CD)
I saw Bon Jovi on what I think was the tour to support this supporting Kiss. Oh dear, I sat there and stated "well we will never hear from them again" Doooh!

As my trawl continues through the collection (this one is Carole's) I thought I'd give this a play as to my best knowledge I've never listened to this album.

Oh no I was wrong was my initial reaction listening to in and out of love and to be fair it's a pretty good hair metal track. However my judgment is vindicated as the rest of the album goes down like a Volvo over a cliff. By the time I struggle through to secret dreams I'm almost nodding off, as you do when you get to my age.

Lightweight AOR hair metal.

2.0 out of 5 stars The second album - fame at last!, 15 Jun 2003
Bonjovi's second album signalled the start of real fame and respect for the New Jersey rockers.
It has a drum crashing start with 'In and out of love' and also contains several songs that wouldn't have been out of place in a 'Rocky' movie, such as To the fire' and 'Hardest part is the night'. Fans will also appreciate the other finely crafted songs by Bonjovi and Richie Sambora incluing 'Tokyo road'. It truly fills in the gaps between the debut album 'Bonjovi' and the infamous 'Slippery when wet'.

7800 Fahrenheit