4.0 out of 5 stars A very good first book, 20 May 2014
C. MCPHEE "Feline fishcake" (Cornwall, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Holding Feet (Paperback)
It is always a gamble buying a book from an unknown author- especially a self-published one. I was pleasantly surprised that this gamble really paid off though! The poems are by turn dark, funny, haunting, mysterious. It isn't a terribly long book, but considering the price it's definitely worth it! Some are certainly better than others, but the fact I keep coming back to them is a sign of a good poet in my eyes.

If you fancy trying a new poet you can't go far wrong with Jet Spero!

It would also make a good present for the poetry lover in your life if you want to get them something you know they wont have but will enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A striking debut collection!, 1 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Holding Feet (Paperback)
In Holding Feet, Jet Spero does exactly what a writer should: connect with the reader. I found myself transported from my own reality, deep into the author's world.

Jet combines accessible language with an impressive depth of emotion and experience, throwing in quirky but striking imagery that never fails to intrigue.

An intense and bravely honest collection of poetry which left me wanting more!

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent debut collection, 25 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Holding Feet: A Poetry Anthology (Kindle Edition)
A really excellent debut collection that evokes many different moods I really enjoyed reading it and there's such a great variety. I particularly enjoyed 'Cigarette Graveyard' 'My Village' and 'The Artist and the Audience'. All the poems are very good to read and re-read with some really excellent turns of phrase and ways of looking at things. A wonderful read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Holding Feet, 16 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Holding Feet: A Poetry Anthology (Kindle Edition)
Holding feet enticed me with its title . Feet obviously are important but the underlying love for the owner of the feet shines through.
Each poem provides a snapshot of the poets thoughts and therefore requires me to think about this later on after reading .
Honesty, pain, confusion , love and statements of just how it is are shared.
I look forward to reading Jets next book.

Holding Feet: A Poetry Anthology