5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the Brother MFC-J825DW
I bought these cartridges for my newly purchased Brother MFC-J825DW. The printer was quite costly but I'm fed up with cheap printers that fleece you for the price of an ink cartridge so decided to go with a higher up front cost and save on ink. These work out as £1 each - amazing value.

They don't have the elaborate lockable orange plastic seals that Brother...
Published on 24 Sep 2012 by subject2status

1.0 out of 5 stars printer blocked and needed replacing
Published 11 months ago by Mr. D. A. Johnston

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the Brother MFC-J825DW, 24 Sep 2012
subject2status (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

They don't have the elaborate lockable orange plastic seals that Brother have on their own cartridges but have a small plastic stopper instead. Apart from that, they appear to be indistinguishable from the originals and slot into my printer without any problems at all.

The quality of the ink is fine and suitable for all normal daily and routine requirements. The one thing I haven't tried as yet is to print photos so I'll post an update as soon as I have.

In the meantime, if you have any questions, please post a comment and I'll reply as soon as I can.

UPDATE & TOP TIP...

I've now been using these for three months and they are working really well. I did have one problem with the yellow cartridge which just wouldn't load. I found the problem was that the plastic seal hadn't ripped away properly - I worked the hole with a needle and it then worked perfectly. The ink seems to be lasting for ever so I'm still recommending this as a five star buy! (updated 7/1/13)

4.0 out of 5 stars silvertrade 20 compartible ink cartriges, 4 Oct 2012
Well, these are surprisingly cheap compared to the original product, which i have also used. The quality of the print is exactly the same. I bought these for my mfc-j625dw brother printer. I'm still on my first box months later, despite the fact that my printer irritatingly cleans itself all the time, despite the fact, i have been in a printing frenzy for the last three months, producing marketing flyers. My only problem with this product, and the reason they are getting four rather than five stars, is that the plastic covering the cartridge head is fused so tight, it takes at least half an hour to take it all off(which is essential otherwise it could damage the printer)using all sorts of implements including safety pins(not the most ideal). Its the only downside to an otherwise great product. Will buy again because where else can you get it cheaper? Hope they read this and fix the problem so I don't have to whine about it again. cheers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and just as good, 15 Oct 2013
Just as good as the official brother cartridges. There's no leaking or bleeding from printing. Will be buying again! very happy

1.0 out of 5 stars printer blocked and needed replacing, 31 Dec 2013
Mr. D. A. Johnston "DAJ" (Southampton, UK) - See all my reviews
I have bought 2 batches of Silvertrade-supplied cartridges for my DCP-J725DW. The first batch are not branded in any way and worked brilliantly. The second batch are branded "Jetplay" and the black cartidges caused no end of problems with blocked ink flow which won't clear with standard printer inbuilt cleaning protocol. It required drastic solvent cleaning attempts, which have worked short term only. The cyan is possibly going the same way (I am still on batch 1 of yellow and magenta cartidged). I have had to resort to buying a replacement printer to ensure reliability and continued compatibility with MacOS 10.4

The jetplay cartridges don't have a pull tape strip to remove before use - I don't know how the cartridge vents but maybe this is part of the problem?

5.0 out of 5 stars good value, 29 Sep 2013
great value and no problems with these cartridges,considering the cost they are a much better deal than the original ones

5.0 out of 5 stars fab, 18 Sep 2013
Fantastic value and produces fan prints with good repro of original.copies. quick response did not have to wait long for delivery

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful value, 23 Dec 2013
Brother printers must have the cheapest ink cartridges of all. These represent excellent value for money. Changing them is so easy and they seem to last forever.

4.0 out of 5 stars good product, 17 Sep 2013
A. WILSON (Scotland) - See all my reviews
this is a good product which works so far as sometimes compatible cartridges dont work, the value for money is excellent, the delivery had a slight issue but this was not the fault of the seller more the royal mail, i would recommend this product to others,

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 Sep 2013
Good buy as these brother ink cartridges lasted us 7 months and would buy again from the same provider as there cheap and well I have never had a problem with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 28 Aug 2013
This appeared a really good bargain and turned out to be exactly that, deliverede as promised and an excellent buy