5.0 out of 5 stars Great workhorse and network printer
Great printer bought at a discount of nearly 50% from Amazon Warehouse. Very satisfied with its performance and it links well via wi fi with all my laptops etc through the house as a central network printer. I've only used HP and Canon printers before but this Epson has certainly made me think again about any future printer purchases
Published 9 months ago by Setter man

3.0 out of 5 stars Fatal Error 0xF1
Published 4 months ago by Mr. Wilson Chau

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Fatal Error 0xF1, 26 Jan. 2015
Mr. Wilson Chau "WillyC" (LONDON) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Epson PrecisionCore WorkForce WF-3620 Four-in-One for the Small Printer with Wifi and AirPrint (Print/Scan/Copy/Fax/Duplex) (Accessory)
Bought one of these printers in Oct 2014 to replace a Canon Photo printer that had stopped working. Printing from the Epson was very good and the scanner and copier functions were brilliant. Wifi was easily connected. Unfortunately all that stopped this week (Jan 2015) when I got an error message 0xF1 which apparently means fatal error. I called Epson and was instructed to contact the reseller (Amazon) as it was under 12 months. Amazon customer service was brilliant. They told me that they would refund my money within 3 days and organised a DPD collection from my home to pickup the defective printer. Can't ask for more than that. Problem now is whether or not to purchase another of the same printer and chance the same problem happening. Also, Amazon no longer sell this printer direct, only via Third Party sellers which I'm a bit wary if I would receive the same level of customer service in case the problem occurs again. Also, I purchased an extra set of Epson inks when I bought the printer so would be stuck with those if I decided to go for an HP printer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great workhorse and network printer, 27 Aug. 2014
Setter man (Sheffield, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)

1.0 out of 5 stars Utterly cheesed off, 1 Dec. 2014
Installed this printer with no problems. The first document printed very faintly, I ran the cleaning utilities a couple of times to no avail and contacted Epson customer support who advised that I should run the cleaning utilities 6 times. Well I ran them 8 times in total before contacting support again. This time I was told that the printer needs to be repaired. I checked my warranty and have a 'return to base' whereby it will be collected, repaired and returned but the cunning devils do not tell you how to invoke this procedure on their support web site. So I've written to the Amazon trader I bought it from and their spiel informs that my beef is with the manufacturer and not them. I've sent them a request for help email, I do hope I don't have to have a discussion about the sale of goods act with them

1.0 out of 5 stars AVOID - faulty manufacturing, 19 Feb. 2015
We bought this printer to replace our old HP printer in the office. All the reviews on UK amazon looked promising.
The first printer arrived and was faulty from the beginning. There was clearly a manufacturing fault with the carriage which meant we couldn't even get passed the initial set-up. Advised to send back for a new one. The second printer arrived and we experienced exactly the same fault. So sent back immediately.
We have now purchased a different Epson printer (one step up), as we wanted to benefit from the cashback offer.
We now have the Workforce WP-3640 which appears to all be working fine - fingers crossed!
After researching some more into the problem it does seem to be quite a common fault so I would AVOID this printer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quck to install and easy to use on Mac OSX 10.10.3 and Windows 7, 13 May 2015
After a lot of research, this looked to be the printer I needed, but I was dubious having read some of the negative reviews here. However, having made the purchase (on the basis that I had not found a printer in this class and price point that hadn't attracted some negative comment), I am very pleased that I did. Setting it up was a breeze - initially via usb to facilitate the download of the relevant drivers on my Macbooks, then subsequently via ethernet cable to the router. Apple Airprint set up was virtually instantaneous and required no input from me. The Epson software updater program (installed during the usb connection) prompted a firmware update, which was quite quick and problem free. One of the Macbooks has a Windows 7 Virtual Machine and, again, setting up and using this printer in that environment presented no issues at all. I will say, for the benefit of Mac OS Yosemite users, that the Epson updater program advises there are new drivers available via the Apple Mac OS updater. However, in my case, so far the Apple updater has not offered any. Not an issue in practice, so far as I can tell, since the exisitng drivers seem to work fine.

Print speed is excellent over the network via wifi to the router or directly to the printer via Airprint. My usage is relatively light and business orientated. Colour printing in my case generally involves business or web graphics and colour documents or documents with colour coded tracked amendments and comments. For graphics, I have found selecting Adobe RGB colour management rather than Epson Vivid provides the better colour reproduction and this is easily set by way of the Advanced Colour Management options. There is a raft of other colour and quality print management options which I haven't found the need to explore yet, although these would probably be of more interest when printing photographs and high end images.

Scanning and copying work fine. I haven't yet set up the fax facility, because I very rarely have need to use fax these days. I will look at it eventually, no doubt, but it is not a critical feature for me and therefore wasn't a purchase consideration.

In terms of size, it is, as I expected, bulkier and heavier than a 'print only' personal inkjet printer, but its weight and footprint are only marginally greater than those of my Brother mono laser printer. Neither are what I would regard as desk top printers (although this depends upon the size of the desk), but I was able to readily accommodate the Epson on the same small printer table that held the elderly HP Photosmart printer it replaced.

In short, then, I am very happy with this printer in use and with how quick it was to install and get up and running.

1.0 out of 5 stars I have to give a star rating to post this ..., 30 Mar. 2015
I have to give a star rating to post this message, however I give it Zero stars..........Nightmare replacing the ink......refuses to accept them, spent money buying more and more until they are accepted. Constant paper jam message, yet no paper jam but it wont work. Have being unable to use it for weeks at a time and then it suddenly works, but not for long. My advise stick to HP.......

1.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT buy it unless you just want to print A4 paper. Any then there are much cheaper offerings on the market., 25 Feb. 2015
This is the most frustrating printer I have every had. Issues include:
- I cannot set it up for WiFi have tried and followed the instructions several times.
- The backfeeder does not appear to work with paper always being ejected immediately or part way though a print.
- It does not line up properly. This is essential if you want to print business cards.
- Putting card through the main feeder usually results in smudged results for the top of the paper.
- The LCD touch screen is not very responsive.
- It is excessively complex and not inutile.

5.0 out of 5 stars all of which are excellent - it's really fast printing and scanning with great ..., 11 Feb. 2015
Bought this for the features and the printing speed, all of which are excellent - it's really fast printing and scanning with great results. Haven't tried the fax yet. Love the top loader for scanning and copying (including double sided). Be sure to download all the various drivers to make sure you get the best out of this machine. Wish we'd upgraded a long time ago. It's a big device so make sure you check you've got enough desk space.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good 4 in 1 printer, 14 Dec. 2014
Very good 4 in 1 printer! Although it took a long time to download the software! But when it did, it works fine! Quite quick and not very noisy! It sometime refuses to print paper fed from the back, which is a bit odd! but on the whole it's a very good printer for the price! JD

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 12 Nov. 2014
does what i bought it for,prints my cards.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›