5.0 out of 5 stars Super sexy case (and offers decent protection)
Case fits perfectly. All cut-outs are spot on. USB flap cut-out is perfect. Even a slight lip round the camera lens to stop it touching if laid flat on a desk. Little touches make all the difference.

Published 11 months ago by falsivas

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, but pricey
I was expecting something more complex or engineered. This is a beautiful quality nicely shiney clear snugly fitting case. But not much to it. Seems over-priced.
Published 11 months ago by rick bon

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, but pricey, 17 April 2014
rick bon "rick bon" (Farnborough Hants UK) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, 13 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Spigen [Interactive Window] Samsung Galaxy S5 Case Flip [Flip] [Flip View Metallic Black] Premium Slim Flip Cover Folio Case with View Window for Galaxy S5 / Galaxy SV / Galaxy S V - Metallic Black (SGP10842) (Accessory)
After only having this case a week, the cover has detached from the hard case, leaving the screen completely unprotected. When the cover was attached and closed, the s view mode did not work. The window is too small to see notifications or use the camera when folded back. Whilst I didn't expect amazing quality on a non-Samsung case, I did expect the case to last and not fall apart. Unimpressed. Won't be buying any more cases from Spigen.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor fit. Not Spigen usual quality., 5 May 2014
Bought this case for my S5 expecting it to be a quality item.
The case is not clear but has a slightly yellow tinge to it.
When fitted to the phone it is extremely loose fitting in all areas. I have had better fitted cases for 99p from EBay.
Hence I have returned the case for a refund.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super sexy case (and offers decent protection), 16 April 2014

Other reviewers say it's too slippy...well it's made of plastic, so you can't expect it to be as grippy as rubber (but who would stick a hideous rubber case on a flagship phone) I personally don't find the grip a problem.

As for protection, this is pretty much the best of both worlds....the phone STILL looks good, and there is a decent amount of protection offered....all 4 sides/edges of the phone are covered (usually these hard cases leave the top and bottom of the phone exposed . Not this case - has some clever design to protect all edges.

Would recommend for your prized toy !!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good case 5 star- bad app 1 star, 16 Sept. 2014
The case scores a 5, however, the Spigen app scores a 1.
If you just want to protect your phone, the case is excellent, no arguments there, it feels solid and secure. However, if you want to use the smart function through the app (the so-called interactive window), don't bother. The app is buggy, very hit and miss whether it works or not. You can adjust the display vertically so it fits in the window nicely, but you can't adjust it horizontally. On long dates, such as today, (Tuesday September 17th 2014), the date won't even fit on the screen, let alone the viewing window. All you can see is "Tuesday September 1" it's not helpful at all.
I recommend the case, but if you want to use the smart functionality through the app, you'll be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Case, but I Need More..., 9 Dec. 2014
I was really torn on whether to get this particular Spigen case or the Hybrid Spigen that has the colors on the side, with the black dimpled back case. I ultimately decided on this one... I favored the overall look of this case to the Hybrid, although I love the Hybrid as well.

I ordered the bright blue color and I'm in LOVE with this shade of blue. Even though I love the looks of this case, I'm somewhat disappointed with the lack of protection if offers. After seeing it in person, I realized there is no rubberized support on the inside of the case. I overlooked that detail before I bought it. It's basically one piece of thin, hard plastic that snaps on the back of the phone. I assumed it had the rubberized webbing on the interior of the case, which helps with absorbing shock if I were to drop the phone. I feel very nervous carrying around my $800 phone in this case. I'm so clumsy, and these phones are so light and thin! I have a feeling that sooner rather than later, my shiny new Galaxy S5 is going to bounce off the blacktop or concrete. I need a case with a tad more weight and protection.

Bottom line, if you are looking for sleek, thin design that adds no bulk to your phone, this would be a good choice. Like I said earlier, it looks amazing on my phone... However, if you are anything like me, and are fearful of dropping your phone, I would suggest going with the hybrid version that has the shock absorb webbing on the inside of the case.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 19 May 2014
J. B. O'donnell (UK) - See all my reviews
The case is a useful piece of kit - with a plastic protective cast inside the flaps. It's as expected from the photo, closing with a magnet. Overpriced for what it is, but it does the job. Bare in mind the 'Interactive Window' is a piece of see-through plastic - just used so you can see the time/date/weather. It's not in any way 'interactive' by definition. (In case you were curious). It's great for watching netflix (the inside acts as a rubber-like stop for the phone) angling it comfortably. The final point to mention is the volume control. You can just about use it while the case is closed but there are no openings for it - you have to physically open the case every time you want to increase/decrease the volume. Not a big problem - but as an avid spotify user on the move, it gets annoying.

Verdict? Probably one of the best cases out for the s5 so far. Great for hand-less viewing, all the important bits are free to fiddle with (minus volume). It's by no means amazing, but it's worked so far!

3.0 out of 5 stars DOES JOB BUT NOT VERY SUBTLY!, 24 Mar. 2015
It fits well, not too tight or loose and the screen protector fitted well although I should have paid more attention to avoiding screen dust so messed up there! The button covers are very good and have an almost "snap" to them which I like.
The cut outs are very accurate and the headphone cutout is quite wide to accommodate bulky cables. I use my little fingernail or corner of my other nails to raise the dust cap. If you don't have nails it will be difficult to raise,
I think it will protect the phone if dropped but the case, to my eyes, definitely adds bulk all round compared perhaps, to some others, one of which I also have (http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00OURBFGC/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_0 ) and, also, due to the shape and design of the case, makes the S5 look oddly square and feel physically wider. The bezel surrounding the phone screen, looking top down, I measured at 4mm which gives the impression of further bulk when contrasting with the black screen colour.
Additionally, the colour is not completely "clear", it takes on a strange, opaque, yellowish, brownish colour at different angles and makes the case look old or sun damaged. This does not occur with the other case that I have.
I shall keep and use the case but overall I probably would not have ordered it had I known about the colour or the bulk.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 11 Jun. 2014
Mr. R. Aram (UK) - See all my reviews
After using it as a stand for 2-3 days the cover came unglued from the case, for the money it doesn't feel like a quality brand at all, the cover feels very cheap. I've had full leather cases of much higher standard for less.

Another peeve was that the clear pane on the front doesn't extend down enough to see any notifications.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware, 19 May 2014
I have a serious issue with this case, any pressure on the area below the window switches the phone on. I keep my phone in my trouser pocket and found that the phone was being turned on every time I moved and consequently was very hot. So transferred it to a shirt pocket and unbelievably the same happened also there is no access to the volume control with the case closed. Another small issue is the window area left a mark on the S5's screen although this could be removed with a cloth. Altogether a disappointment as the case was of a good quality but the issues turned this case into a poor item