5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED, 16 May 2014
This review is from: LOVE (Audio CD)
Amen Dunes work ranks high in my ‘most played stuff’ of the last two years. I've loved everything they have released so I'll admit to being slightly concerned about the big build up, music press attention in the lead up to ‘Love’ being released.

I’ve always loved that lo-fi quality running through almost everything and again, being a far more produced album, would the cleaned up Amen Dunes still be as good as before to my ears?

The honest answer is I’m not sure but I’ve now lived in the album for almost a week and I think it’s stunning. I think its a really honest and varied record. Damon McMahon who is more or less ‘Amen Dunes’ is laid more bare in this record and the lyrics are printed starkly inside the booklet. I’m not a listener that normally listens to lyrics but these words are both odd and often beautiful.

Lilac In Hand is worthy of special mention as I think it sounds about as gorgeous as music could possible be. And White Child, Lonely Richard and I Can’t Dig It seem to be the tracks floating to the top in my expanding Amen Dunes playlist.

Definitely an album to make time for.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Psychedelic La's!, 8 Oct 2014
This review is from: LOVE (Audio CD)
saw Amen Dunes at Liverpool psych fest and blew me away. a kind of psychedelic La's! Lonely Richard is the stand out track on a great album

LOVE
LOVE by Amen Dunes (Audio CD - 2014)