5.0 out of 5 stars Another Fantastic Book
Have just finished yet again another brilliant and very clever book from Mary.... I feel strangely sad that the Breckton Saga will be no more as I am hungry still for more. I have gone through a multitude of emotions with this book, as I did with all 3 previous books, and Mary didn't let us down, I've felt anger,fear sadness,pain,shock you name it I've felt it.
I...
Published on 24 Mar. 2013 by Kim stevenson

3.0 out of 5 stars Powerful!
Hard to assess this writer ..... gritty plots which keep you interested all through but do we need the overly descriptive sexual interludes which lurk around each corner and the strangely depressing and unreal characters whose minds are obsessed with sex! What kind of experiences has this writer drawn on?
Published 6 months ago by Tys

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Fantastic Book, 24 Mar. 2013
Kim stevenson "Kim" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I can't recommend highly enough for everyone to read this book, it works brilliantly as a stand alone book but I recommend you read all 3 previous books then I promise you won't stop until you've read every one .......

5.0 out of 5 stars Another wonderful read, 28 Sept. 2013
mainley-mo (south Yorkshire England) - See all my reviews
I thought I had left a review for this wonderful book but it appears not - better late than never! I can`t praise the stories Mary creates enough - she is a remarkable author with a heart so big she leaves a little of it in all her books. This book is a build up of characters from the Breckton trilogies - the main character being Theresa who went from being a `spoiled little rich girl` (and of dubious character) to a woman brave enough to give her life for her Country if necessary. As other reviews have pointed out, this book is an excellent stand-alone book, yet to appreciate the life of Theresa and other characters in the book I would definitely recommend The Breckton trilogy stories; they take you on a powerful journey which culminate in this outstanding book. I`m an avid reader of `historical` novels and Mary has the ability to make the reader feel as though they are witnessing the events, as they happen, in this book - as a fly on the wall - and that is a huge accomplishment for any author, in my opinion. I think there have been various comments about the ending of this book - none of them deter from the well written story and I think it an authors right to determine what happens to characters they have created. Mary has become one of my favourite authors and if you haven`t yet read one of her superb books, be kind to yourself and read one - you will not be disappointed, I can guarantee it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Time Passes Time - Mary Wood, 2 May 2013
After reading the brilliant Breckton trilogy books I was eager to read Time Passes Time, and I wasn't disappointed. A stand alone book but also a spin off of one of Brecktons characters, it is about Theresa Crompton and her heroism during WW2. Mary writes in such a way her characters come to life and I felt I was in the story with them. It was lovely meeting them again along with some new characters in this latest book, Mary links their lives together in such a clever way. I expected the story to start around 1939 at the beginning of the war but with Mary's unique way of writing time has jumped to 1963. Theresa is now in her 50s and living in London, and is mugged in the street and her bag is stolen. The bag contains her memoirs which she has written. The memoirs come into the possession of Lizzie, and it is through Lizzie reading Theresa's notebooks that the story unfolds and we learn of Theresa and her true love. Pierre, and her bravery, eventual capture and torture.
Sadness, happiness, love, lust and tragedy - Mary's books have it all and penned so cleverly you cannot predict what will happen next. Every page, every chapter keeps you wondering what will happen next. The unexpected end of this book had me in tears. I highly recommend this book and all the Breckton trilogy books.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful read., 1 April 2013
Misscacou (Stockport, UK) - See all my reviews
A follow-up to The Breckton Trilogy, Time passes Time is a wonderful read. It's impossible not to get involved in Theresa's story. Each chapter pulls you further into her past and present life, and the intricacies of the plot through WWII 's France and 1963's Yorkshire carry you along wanting to know her fate. A masterly tale!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 22 Mar. 2013
I so enjoyed this book couldn't put it down. LOVE to follow characters through and these were fascinating, another best seller thank you Mary.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 26 Mar. 2013
I tried to keep this for my holiday read, but once I started could not put it down. All the characters brought together brilliantly. Looking forward to more from Mary, as she just keeps getting better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book , just couldn't put it down, 2 April 2013
As i have not read the others in the trilogy i thought i might not be able to catch up, but this book defintely stands as a book on it's own. The characters draw you straight in ,i will now be reading more of this clever lady's books.

5.0 out of 5 stars emotive historical novel, 13 April 2013
I could not put this book down - I had read the trilogy and wanted to find out what happened to Theresa,
shocked at the ending - would really like to read a spin off of this book Mary Wood has a brilliant way of helping you see the reality, the emotion, the people. Highly recommend reading this - best read after the Breckton Trilogy

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 31 Mar. 2013
Very enjoyable read thoroughly enjoyed the trilogy and the spin off. Looking forward to Mary Woods next book, would recommend x

5.0 out of 5 stars time passes time, 30 Mar. 2013
Just finished this lastest book from "mary wood" have to say sad that's its finished really wanted to read more but then all "mary woods" books make you feel like that ...I know that it was a one book only spin off from the breckton saga's but I do hope mary might in the future add another book to time passes time ..

a must read to all who have read Mary's other books you will not be dissappointented ..well done to mary and looking forward to future reads .