5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime radio comedy. A classic.
Published 5 months ago by R. Cope

1.0 out of 5 stars it did not download properly
The download did not work properly. Each episode is shown as being only 0.02 minutes long. I cannot find a way of getting a full download so it looks as though I have wasted my money!!!!!!!!
Published 4 months ago by miggyman

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime radio comedy. A classic., 22 Mar 2014
R. Cope "cope2" (UK) - See all my reviews
I was surprised and saddened to read Count Arthur's creator Steve Delaney declare that this seventh series of his Radio 4 show will be the last due to the Count's transfer to television. It seems a pity as there are far more belly laughs in this radio version than the first series of the television incarnation. But every show needs a gestation period and I daresay the screen version will catch up. On radio Count Arthur is far more of an egotist and sponger which gives him the comic edge, as all the great comic creations are monsters in their own way. Series 7 sees the Count trying to tax his long abandoned Hillman Minx, in the process encountering Terry Wogan, in a brilliant start to the series. After touring the a local home up for sale in the guise of a potential buyer he finally gets a call from his old pal in Spain who is hospitalised and wants Arthur to run it for him until he is back on his feet. This storyline covers three episodes from Arthur boarding a plane (is it going to Spain? Wait and see...) to his arrival and failure to grasp even basic Spanish. Enticing his prodigee Malcolm de Tinsel over to help (and Malcolm's impression of a certain Hollywood A lister is worth the price of the CD alone) you can be sure that Arthur leaves the Wagon Wheel pub in a worse state than he found it. The series ends with Arthur's efforts to join the local Round Table. Some people have said that Count Arthur is marmite, you either love him or loathe him. For me he has produced the funniest radio comedy series that I have ever heard, even better than the mighty Round The Horne, and this CD set is yet again packed with comic gold. Consistently Count Arthur Strong's Radio Show has provided more laughs per minute than virtually any other radio comedy. Whatever the future of the television show, I hope we have not seen the last of the Count on radio. Steve Delaney you are a genius. Can we have please an official release of the Edinburgh Festival Special "Roll Play" which to date is the only episode not to be made available on CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Arthur., 19 Mar 2014
B. STOCKING (Ilford Essex) - See all my reviews
At last its available.Got my cd on Monday,have played it three times,keep finding bits I missed because of laughing on previous
playings.If your a fan of Arthur,then you will know what to expect.If you only know him from the TV show,give it a go.
Arthur is a one off,you will never find another like him.If the live show comes your way,treat yourself to a night to remember.

5.0 out of 5 stars let down by poor down load so i purchased c.d., 31 Mar 2014
Philip (newport, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Count Arthur Strong's Radio Show! the Complete Seventh Series - EP (MP3 Download)
He plays with the english language so much he is a genius with the way he could (& has) argued with him self in an empty room. I became depressed when after 37 years of marriage my wife left me i became severely depressed to the point where i attempted the ultimate. I failed 6years or so went by and was helped by good friends. I came across count arthur app2-3 years ago and i actually started to belly laugh i have downloaded successfully 6 series i have listened to him many many times the amount you miss on the first few recordings is amazing i am over my troubles now and seriously recommend the count.

4.0 out of 5 stars A natural end of the series, 26 April 2014
Still good fun but wisely and gently coming to the end
of its run. I have all the series and am ' getting into '
this one.There's always a lot you don't hear until after
a good number of playings. I'm still finding that from
the earlier ones. If you're a fan, do add this last one
to your collection. It's well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Suspose I Should Give It 5 Stars, 9 Jun 2014
We've been great fans of Count Arthur since the very first Series and this is the latest addition to the Collection. Enjoyed it immensely and would recommend the Radio Series ahead of the TV show to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Count Arthur Strong's Radio Show - The Complete Seventh Series, 23 April 2014
W. Baker (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
As a tremedous fan of Count Arthur Strong, there was never any doubt about me enjoying this latest CD set. Steve Delaney's comic creation, Count Arthur strong, is a sheer masterpiece and has me laughing out loud each time I hear him bumbling his way through yet another disastrous situation of his own making. Humour is a very personal thing and we all find different things funny but for me, this is the funniest character currently on radio and television.

5.0 out of 5 stars Count Arthur's 7th Radio Series..., 13 July 2014
In 2009, Count Arthur Strong's Radio Show! won the Gold Sony Radio Academy Award in comedy. So with this in mind it is nice to see at last, the last RADIO Show Series released. It is funny. Better than the TV Series but I still liked the TV episodes. It's a shame the TV Series was not in the same setting as the Radio Series.

I am now awaiting the re-issue of the Pilot Episode and Count Arthur Strong's Christmas Show!, along with as yet un-released special Role Playing. Hope to see these as one set with the outtakes. Through It All I've Always Laughed - The Radio Show Pilot was only available via Komedia Entertainment I believe and is a must to hear.

And now listen to the mispronunciation of words as Aurthur tries to communicate to people around him. Often even he can't remember correctly the facts and waffles to a conclusion or two to get to the end of the conversation. Baffled listeners of his conversations he leaves behind, often leaving them annoyed or confused and sometimes both. Now sit back and relax to the final Radio Series you might or might not have purchased just now.
Here are the immortal words you'll never forget, "And Now on Radio 4..."

5.0 out of 5 stars didn't realise that series seven was to be the last ..., 8 July 2014
didn't realise that series seven was to be the last to be made and broadcast on radio now it's transferred to tv, a real shame as the tv version although quite watchable, it didn't work for me...

5.0 out of 5 stars The making of a legend., 15 Jun 2014
Having been a great fan of the brilliant John Shuttleworth, and still are! I didn't think that there was anybody left who could pull off the trick of " Stepping into someone else's shoes" but like Graham Fellows,Steve Delaney has pulled it off with a magnificent character in " The Count".
Like "John" "Arthur" is Comedy "Marmite" some people just "don't get it " but thankfully many more people do "get it" rather than those who don't,judging by the sell out concerts of both of them.
I am not going to try and explain Count Arthur Strong,only to say,please don't judge him by his recent TV series,he is far funnier than that! Treat yourself and buy all seven,so far,of his Radio series,sit back and listen,he will win you over,and from Series One,you can hear the development of the character and the world he lives in through the series,he truly is one on his own,and a legend in the making.

4.0 out of 5 stars CAS, 12 Jun 2014
S. Holmes (GB) - See all my reviews
Not my favourite radio series but still better than the tv series. Mind you, CAS is still far funnier than most modern comics.